Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Sydney and Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour
"With a warm and mild climate year-round the open-air double-decker coach tour is a perfect way to sightsee in Sydney and Bondi. Hop aboard the open-top double-decker bus at any of the 34 stops around the city. Enjoy live commentary from your onboard guide as you sit back and relax on the full ride which takes about 90 minutes or hop off to sightsee and explore at your own pace.Discover Sydney's highlights including the Sydney Opera House Sydney Harbour Bridge the historic Rocks district and Sydney’s CBD (Central Business District). Hop off the coach to browse the stores in modern shopping areas or grab a bite to eat at the bustling Sydney Fish Market. Stretch your legs as you stroll around the Royal Botanic G
From AUD45.00

Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney and Bondi Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
"For great views of Sydney and Bondi while you’re in port in Sydney travel around the city in an open-top double-decker bus. The Sydney and Bondi routes take you around the world's most beautiful harbor past towering skyscrapers iconic buildings like the Sydney Opera House the iron-lace terrace houses of Paddington Double Bay’s millionaires’ mansions and legendary Bondi Beach. Sydney’s year-round climate of blue skies and sunshine makes it the ideal location for an open-top bus ride while in port.You can hop on and off as many times as you like aboard both each tour takes approximately 90 minutes and includes interesting on-board commentary. The bus departs every 15 to 20 minutes from each stop and tickets are valid for 24 hours from first use. The tours connect at 100 William Street or Central Station sto
From AUD45.00

Australian Museum General Entry Ticket
"Arrive at the Australian Museum at a time that suits you — your ticket is valid anytime the museum is open and includes entrance to the permanent exhibits. Three floors house some of the more than 18 million items in the museum’s collection including priceless fossils and unusual artifacts. The minerals collection alone holds more than 53000 specimens from Australia and abroad.In the Surviving Australia exhibition marvel at massive animals that once roamed Australia including giant wombats and echidnas. See live animals such as a baby freshwater crocodile a python and lizards; then find out how the most dangerous creatures hunt their prey. The Indigenous Australians and Garrigarrang Sea Country exhibits provides an in-depth look at the Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
From AUD15.00

Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay / King St Wharf Tips (26)

Tokyo Bar: Drinks with a View of the Fireworks

We were in Darling Harbour for Santa Fest and the Fireworks display on a Saturday. We decided to stop in here for some drinks solely due to their outdoor seating and the view of the Harbour. We found a nice table outside after playing some musical tables and planted ourselves here to have the optimal view of the festivities.

The bar was pretty packed with people with the same idea as us as well as regular patrons enjoying the food and musical entertainment. Liz and Laura stuck with drinking their "bubbles" while I enjoyed some beer. Once the festivities began, it was amazing. Santa on a jet pack, Santa waterskiing and the big Firework Finale. Wow, what a great time.

Dec 21, 2012

Blue Fish: Drinks with a Harbour View

Hubby and I were enjoying a lesisurely stroll around Darling Harbour before meeting up with our friend Laura for lunch when we decided to stop for a drink.

We had passed by Blue Fish many times during our walks around Darling Harbour but never went in until this day. The restaurant/bar specializes in modern Australia cuisine especially seafood and fish. Since we already had lunch plans we asked the hostess if we could just have some drinks at one of their many outdoor tables. She gladly obliged and let us choose our table. We sat at a table with a lovely Harbour view and were handed the drink menu.

I wanted something cold and crisp; so I chose a nice Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand called Squealing Pig(the name intrigued me). Hubby chose to have the same since I think he was a bit tired of beer and wanted something different. The wine was very good; light, crisp and a hint of citrus....very nice indeed.

I really enjoyed this place. I loved relaxing outside with a beautiful water view while sipping my wine. The Darling Harbour location provided for some people watching which can be quite entertaining on so many levels.

Time flew by as we enjoyed two glasses of wine. Thankfully Laura texted us to say she was on her way or we might have let more time slip by...

Dress Code Casual but not sloppy.

LadyRVG's Profile Photo
LadyRVG
Apr 27, 2012

Helm: An Okay Place to Grab a Beer

Helm is one of the bar/restaurants in the Darling Harbour area right next to the Sydney Aquarium. We decided to meet up with some friends here for some after work drinks and dinner.

We arrived here earlier than our "meet up" time so we decided to have some drinks while we waited for our friends. The bar area consists of several tables; some with high bar stools. There is an open area with windows that look out to the Harbour and the pedestrian traffic below. We decided to sit at a table closer to the bar since the outdoor area was packed with smokers polluting the air.

After a few beers for me an a Pepsi for my wife we headed downstairs to the outdoor garden to meet up with our friends. We had a table reserved and it had begun to drizzle so there was no problem finding seating. Our friends arrived a little late but mostly due to work issues.

It was $10 steak night that Tuesday so we all decided to have the steak special. It wasn't bad for a $10 steak and the chips were pretty good. Happy hour prices were still in effect so the beers wer erelatively cheap. As we wrapped up dinner; the rain really started to come down. We moved back upstairs under cover for some more drinks.

Once upstairs we grabbed a table by the windows away from the smokers. The girls stuck to ordering their glasses of "bubbles" while I remained with my beer. It was a fun time with some really good friends.

Dress Code Casual.

Mar 20, 2012

Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay / King St Wharf: Cruise Fab Sydney Harbour with Rhythmboat Cruises

Cruising the world's largest natural Harbour is not just the best feeling. It is the utimate in fun, entertainment and getting acquainted with the best that Sydney has to offer! this coming from someone who's cruised the Mediterranean, South Pacific, New Zealand, and many more. Yet there's nothing like sailing around this lucky city!

I booked our three hour, three course dinner with ABBA tribute show just a few days before the actual sailing. It came via a deal from Deals I love which I saw through an email sent to me. Both my husband and I haven't had the chance to shop for pressies for each other. Hub gallantly said, I could "get" his gift for me. To which I did! So he couldn't complain.

The rest you will hear about ..now!

It is one of those spur of the moment things that has really paid off! Sometimes being spontaneous is a good thing. Despite the dodgy weather in Sydney, I feel it will still be going to be a good cruise, you cannot go wrong with an ABBA show anyway!

So the deal was for $49 per person. We would have loved for our two boys to come with us but teenagers as they were, they declined. Great! Some time for us then!

After paying through PAYPAL which was also handy, I printed our vouchers and made the reservations required by phoning. At first I was a bit sceptical as there must be a catch with good deals like this one. So it remains to be seen, I was told just turn up with the voucher and we would be given our tables there.

The tricky part was going to the city, to the Pyrmont Bay wharf. I did tell my husband before hand where we would be embarking, he said he knew where it was. My worry was the GPS would fail and he would end up getting lost! Now, was I being a psychic?

So after a few bickerings on where to go, which street to turn, etc., we found a parking at The Star's parking which was really my original plan. It was easier to get to than the car park at Darling Harbour. In the past, we just park there going to the city, like visiting the Australian Maritime Museum and other spots in the Harbour with the most!

The embarkation point was also not so assuring as the instruction just adjacent to the Maritime Museum which was huge! So we figured it would really just be in that area. But we eventually saw a few people milling about before 6 so we were relieved. It helped that I asked a cleaner at the area where the Rhythmboat cruises would be embarking.

Hence, we queued up for the sail. Met a few nice people and at first I wasn't too happy with the seating arrangement. A little tight squeeze as there were 6 chairs to a table on both sides making 12 for each table. Luckily our table wasn't full so I was glad about that!

Food was nothing spectacular but still good and filling and served hot. I was warned by a friend who had cruised with the same company before not to expect too much by way of the food but it was pleasantly fine. As I predicted I was pretty sure our experience would be different, and it was!

For one, the weather was perfect! Not too hot (though the dining area was a bit humid). No rains so far which was also a blessing. It was still very bright when we embarked and we could see fabulous views of all the iconic places Sydney was famous for- the Harbour bridge which never fails to take my breath way, the Sydney Opera House with its glittering sails as our boat move slowly through the calm and serene waters, some buildings brightly lit with Christmas lights, rich people's homes which made me feel a bit jealous and many more. We passed by Cockatoo island and saw lots of colourful tents perched along the water's edge, Fort Denison, etc.

Food wise it wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either. It was just right for us, no wastage. The nibbles were crackers and cheese, cabanossi slices, with a dip and choices of julienned carrots and cucumbers and some foaccacia cut into finger sizes.If these are not to your liking, it doesn't matter, you are there for the views I tell you!

The main course was a choice of pork and mashed potatoes and gravy with steamed vegies or chicken breast with boiled potatoes with mushroom sauce and zucchinis, carrots and green beans. Dessert was a simple chocolate or sponge cake as far I have seen as we both got each a small serve of chocolate cake on a plastic plate. It was finefor me as I do no really eat a lot of sweets.

I am not expecting seafood, I am allergic to it! Sorry to seafood lovers, this cruise is not a buffet extravaganza the key is the view and the entertainment!

For entertainment, I cannot complain! ABBA has always been one of my favourite groups as their songs are universal. People would always love their songs and so it was a truly great evening for us. Our table mates were friendly Australians. So it was worth what we paid for and probably more with the million dollar views before us!

So I shall recommend you try this, not for the food but for the fantastic views, fun entertainment and potential great people you will meet. As always, it helps if you keep an open mind indulging in a cruise like this!

As of this writing, I have made quite a few new acquaintances and will be keeping in touch with some of them. Particularly as I have discovered the part owner of Rhythmboat is a fellow countrywoman. Marisa Seagg is a fine hostess, not overbearing and she and her friendly business partner Allan Berkopec have been operating it for the past 14 years. This is a testament that with wholesome entertainment, good organisation, decent food and good value for money, the enterprise is bound to be enjoyed by many for years to come.

As proof, I had the pleasure of speaking to its Captain, Tony who said he loved working for Rhythmboat and had been with them for the past 12 years!How was that for a glowing testimony?

Dress Code Wear comfy shoes, silly people still wore their stillettoes and looked really tired and uncomfortable! Smart casual is also great for both ladies and men. Young children are not recommended to join this cruise.

AusPinay's Profile Photo
AusPinay
Dec 27, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Sydney

359 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
21 Oxford St., Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales, 2021, Australia
Hotels
212 Riley Street, (formerly Comfort Inn Cambridge), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
28 Albion St, (formerly Furama Hotel Central), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
267 Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
Wentworth Avenue & Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia

Blue Fish: Drinks with a Harbour View

Blue Fish is one of the many bar/restaurants in the Darling Harbour area. As is customary with most places in the area; they have a large outdoor seating area. My wife and I were walking around Darling Harbour before meeting our friend Laura for lunch and decided to stop here for a drink.

The outdoor dining area has umbrella covered tables which is nice for staying out of the strong Sydney sun. We decided to sit outside to enjoy the weather and view while enjoying some drinks. We perused the menu which contained primarily seafood but has other non- seafood items. We weren't here for a meal so we focused on the drinks and decided on two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

We had a nice time enjoying the beautiful weather and breeze blowing through the harbour. Our wine was quite nice and refreshing in the heat.

Dress Code Casual

Jun 23, 2011

Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay / King St Wharf: The Loft

The Loft is located in King Street Wharf, at the North Eastern end of Darling Harbour. It's very close to Wynyard railway station (10 minute walk).

It's a great place to be, especially in the warmer months. There is a large outdoor area where smoking is allowed.

The bar also offers food, dancing later in the evening and plenty of lounges to relax.

Dress Code During the day, practically anything. At night, it's best to dress up a little more.

Joseph69's Profile Photo
Joseph69
Dec 01, 2008

Cargo: Cargo

I haven't been here since my second visit in 2005. Your normal wharf side club like bar you'll find drinks and dancing until late hours. It has the benefit of being right on the end of the wharf where you have easy access to taxis when you are done.

Dress Code More to come.....

Oct 29, 2007

Pier 26: Pier 26

Another of the many nightlife spots that doubles as after work in this town. Came here on a Saturday night in the middle of winter. And still it was 75 (24C). Right above the aquarium it is easily located and a good place to be. Just dont forget to bring your ID or an out of towner. Seems either can get you in.

Oct 22, 2007

cjg1

"What do you do with your weekend?"
wabat's Profile Photo

wabat

"A Ramble around Sydney"
LadyRVG's Profile Photo

LadyRVG

"Love Those Sydneysiders"
iandsmith's Profile Photo

iandsmith

"Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
leffe3's Profile Photo

leffe3

"Sydney"

Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay / King St Wharf: Australia Day

Australia Day is a great celebration of what it means to be an Australian, the day is littered with fantastic things to see and do. We ended our first Australia Day in Darling Harbour for the fireworks.

Dress Code Absolutely none, this is Sydney!

Steve-H's Profile Photo
Steve-H
Jun 01, 2007

Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay / King St Wharf: Never Ending Choices

The Darling Harbour region has so many restuarants, bars, clubs, and eateries, that choosing just one would be impossible. Some are really hopping, with live music, while others are more romantic, with lovely soft background music.
You can dine with a lavish meal at one restuarant, then go next door for drinks, and music.

Dress Code You can "dress up" here, or smart casual is also quite acceptable.

Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
Sweetberry1
Jun 12, 2006

Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay /: Out by the water

Darling Harbour/Cockle Bay is a well known area in sydney to enjoy good food and good wine. After dinner a night of dancing.
Many walks of life are seen at some of the trendiest restaurants. These include Nicks Seafood Restaurant, Jordons, Zaaffran, Thai Foon, I'm Angus Steakhouse and many more.

Well knows bars/nightclubs are Pontoon, Bungalow 8,Cargo Bar...

There is always free entertainment over the weekends, from light shows, to flame throwers.

Dress Code If you are planning on going to a nice restaurant dress accordingly. So men out there dont go out in sneakers :) smart casual and for the girls out there.... well we usually can get away with whatever... as long as u dont plan on going to dinner in thongs :)

divaboodoo's Profile Photo
divaboodoo
Aug 20, 2005

Darling Harbour / Cockle Bay / King St Wharf: Ok, well this is difficult,...

A must do is the Cockle Bay precinct. In particular the King Street wharf area. This has a range of bars (which is great all year 'round but best in the Summer Dec-Mar). Try: Bungalow 8 and The Loft. A few doors down is Cargo bar--great music & crowd. A few streets away from King STreet Wharf is the Slip Inn on Sussex St.: Perfect in Summer. It has two main levels; downstairs is outdoors, a garden bar and mainly a European/Latino crowd. Upstairs tends to attract the CBD office business ppl who have finished for the day. The pic is of the Establishment at night. A nice swishy place to be seen is also the Establishment Bar on George St. A bit swanky on some nights but always fun.

Dress Code Slip Inn: Basically, any smart/evening--not formal.

Establishment: Place to be seen at more than anything else, so girls are dressed well and the guys-dress to impress

Dominique2k's Profile Photo
Dominique2k
Jul 23, 2005

Things to Do Near Sydney

Sydney Cricket Ground

During our visit to Sydney in Feb/March 2012; we we fortunate to watch a cricket game here(my first live crisket match). It was Australia vs. India; Australia kicked butt and won. The thing that...

Australian Museum

It had been a number of years since I had visited the Australian Museum but I was recently drawn back, attracted by the fact that it was hosting a special exhibition, Trailblazers, honouring...

Capitol Theatre

Watching Guys and Dolls, a musical at the Capitol Theatre is an enriching experience. The theatre has a very impressive architectural design, both inside and out. The ushers and usherettes are helpful...

Paddington and Paddington Market

Paddington Paddington is well-known for its residential area of leafy tree lined streets, with large three storey Victorian terraces overhanging the tiny narrow lanes, it is an impressive, stylish...

Chinatown

Through a combination of cloud murals/etchings and thirty hanging silver spirit figures artist Jason Wing, of Aboriginal and Chinese descent, made a stunning transformation of the 200 metres long...

Sydney Entertainment Centre

Georgia was excited and honoured to participate in her second Schools Spectacular at the Sydney Entertainment Centre at the end of November 2010. She did this for the first time last year and...

Getting to Sydney

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

Map