map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Sydney and Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour
"With a warm and mild climate year-round the open-air double-decker coach tour is a perfect way to sightsee in Sydney and Bondi. Hop aboard the open-top double-decker bus at any of the 34 stops around the city. Enjoy live commentary from your onboard guide as you sit back and relax on the full ride which takes about 90 minutes or hop off to sightsee and explore at your own pace.Discover Sydney's highlights including the Sydney Opera House Sydney Harbour Bridge the historic Rocks district and Sydney’s CBD (Central Business District). Hop off the coach to browse the stores in modern shopping areas or grab a bite to eat at the bustling Sydney Fish Market. Stretch your legs as you stroll around the Royal Botanic G
From AUD45.00

Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney and Bondi Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
"For great views of Sydney and Bondi while you’re in port in Sydney travel around the city in an open-top double-decker bus. The Sydney and Bondi routes take you around the world's most beautiful harbor past towering skyscrapers iconic buildings like the Sydney Opera House the iron-lace terrace houses of Paddington Double Bay’s millionaires’ mansions and legendary Bondi Beach. Sydney’s year-round climate of blue skies and sunshine makes it the ideal location for an open-top bus ride while in port.You can hop on and off as many times as you like aboard both each tour takes approximately 90 minutes and includes interesting on-board commentary. The bus departs every 15 to 20 minutes from each stop and tickets are valid for 24 hours from first use. The tours connect at 100 William Street or Central Station sto
From AUD45.00

Australian Museum General Entry Ticket
"Arrive at the Australian Museum at a time that suits you — your ticket is valid anytime the museum is open and includes entrance to the permanent exhibits. Three floors house some of the more than 18 million items in the museum’s collection including priceless fossils and unusual artifacts. The minerals collection alone holds more than 53000 specimens from Australia and abroad.In the Surviving Australia exhibition marvel at massive animals that once roamed Australia including giant wombats and echidnas. See live animals such as a baby freshwater crocodile a python and lizards; then find out how the most dangerous creatures hunt their prey. The Indigenous Australians and Garrigarrang Sea Country exhibits provides an in-depth look at the Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
From AUD15.00

Chinatown Restaurants Tips (47)

Golden Harbour Restaurant: Great Value in Chinatown

We just took a stroll through Chinatown for dinner on Saturday night and decided on this place called the Golden Harbour Restaurant, the prices looked decent and the lady out the front said they offered a money-back guarantee on their meals!!!!

Sue and I both had a chicken dish with boiled rice, plus I had a cocktail and Sue had a small bottle of Champagne and the bill came to just under $50, which for central Sydney, is quite good value. Meals were about $15 each, rice was $2 each and my drinks were about $8 each. It was rather funny though when I decided to order a cocktail and my failing memory meant I did know know what was in them and I asked the waiter and he did not know either. So he then ran off to get a list from the bar and came back with this rather ancient list that was very difficult to understand!!! I cant remember what I ordered, but it was nice, it had vodka, lemonade and blue curacao in it.

This Restaurant was also the venue for our Sydney meet in May. Having looked at many BYO places in Dixon Street, Golden Harbour was chosen, having the $25 each per person banquet meal. There ended up being 16 of us at the meal, the food was delicious and quickly served and I think there was enough for all of us. Cant remember exactly what the dishes were, fried rice, a prawn and vegie dish, sweet and sour pork I think, a beef dish and a few others.

Favorite Dish My dish was Chicken with chinese mushrooms, and it was delicious, apart from the large chunks of ginger I discovered (I hate ginger!)

The food was soooooo quick to arrive ... I swear it was at our table within 3 minutes of ordering it!!!

lindyz's Profile Photo
lindyz
May 15, 2011

Red Chilli Sichuan Restaurant: Superb Chinese food in Sydney

I ate at Red Chilli Sichuan Restaurant on a couple of occasions during my visit to Sydney in April 2006.

This large Chinese restaurant is located in the heart of Sydney's "Chinatown" district on Little Hay Street and Dixon Street.

The menu offers a large choice of stir frys containing either chicken, beef, pork, seafood or vegetables, but the emphasis is firmly on chilli peppers! The menu displays little chillis to indicate how hot a dish is, so you can choose a dish that best suits your tastes.

Particularly good value is the special lunchtime menu which features a host of dishes for under 10 AUD. I selected my meal from this menu on both occasions that I ate here.

You can find here the special lunchtime menu and view the restaurant's interior here.

The tables are set with tablecloths and napkins and the staff are friendly and attentive. All diners receive a complimentary pot of Chinese tea.

Favorite Dish On both occasions that I dined here I opted for:

Kung Pao Chicken with Roasted Peanuts and Chillis - Cost: 8.80 AUD

This dish started with a complimentary bowl of soup (containing tofu, chillis and spring onion).

The main course was a large stir fry with tender pieces of good quality chicken and a hot sauce containing fiery red chillis, roasted peanuts and a selection of vegetables. The meal was served with a bucket sized bowl of white steamed rice, more than enough for half a dozen people, let alone just one! Excellent quality, and excellent value for money! The main course alone would have cost me 12.80 AUD outside of the special lunch hours.

Can of Fanta orange juice - Cost: 3 AUD

Excellent value lunchtime meals, superb quality food. Highly recommended!!

SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
SWFC_Fan
Apr 04, 2011

Superbowl Chinese Restaurant: Good value Chinese food in Haymarket

I ate at Superbowl Chinese Restaurant one lunchtime during my visit to Sydney in April 2006.

This large Chinese restaurant, which specialises in seafood, is located on Goulburn Street in the "Chinatown" area of Haymarket. There is another branch of Superbowl on nearby Dixon Street.

I didn't scrutinise the menu too closely as I knew that I'd be picking from the special set lunch menu, but the usual array of dishes were to be found there - that is, soups, appetizers, chicken, pork, beef, seafood and vegetarian stir frys and rice and noodle dishes. A typical stir fry will set you back 15+ AUD.

Somewhat more unusually, this restaurant offers a huge selection of fresh fruit juices and health shakes.

The special set lunch menu includes a variety of dishes (circa 20) to choose from and costs just 8.80 AUD. For an additional 1 AUD you can add a fresh fruit juice to your meal.

Favorite Dish I opted for the special set menu lunch, with a fruit juice:

For 9.80 AUD I got:

Handmade Shanghainese noodles in hot chilli sauce

An enormous plate of thick noodles, pieces of pork, carrots, various green vegetables in a hot (but invisible) chilli sauce. I could only manage to eat half of it such was the size of the portion.

Fried vegetables in oyster sauce

A selection of green leaves and shoots in a salty oyster sauce.

Fresh watermelon juice

Pureed watermelon juice (approx. 250ml) served with ice cubes.

Complimentary pot of Chinese tea

Lots of choice, large portions and an excellent value for money lunch menu!

SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
SWFC_Fan
Feb 16, 2011

iTaiwan: - iTaiwan - fight with a computer for your meal

Wandering along Dixon Street we were accosted by a number of restaurant touts trying to lure us into their eatery. Then we walked past a restaurant with a modern façade, bright lights and stylish looking staff all dressed in their black tea shirts with the restaurants name - and no pesky touts. OK we were hooked, so wandered in.

The normal menu was replaced by touch screen computer terminals on each table, so we craned our aging necks and sifted through the selection. We chose 3 entrees and one main course between us as well as a cold drink each.

The list on the computer screen seemed to indicate our order was in progress judging by the little image of a chef busy at work cooking up the order and before we really had a chance to think what we would order next, the first of our 4 orders was on the table - talk about fast, friendly and efficient service! We were still trying to figure out how to get the bill when it came along. Perhaps the computer knew that we had finished and wanted to leave.

A drink each, and the 4 plates we ordered came to $35 – great value

Hotels Near Sydney

359 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
21 Oxford St., Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales, 2021, Australia
Hotels
212 Riley Street, (formerly Comfort Inn Cambridge), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
28 Albion St, (formerly Furama Hotel Central), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
267 Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
Wentworth Avenue & Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia

Golden Century Seafood Restaurant: Fresh Seafood Chinese style

There are many Chinese restaurants around Sydney, but many are not really up to scratch in my opinion. The Golden Century Seafood Restaurant is one of the good ones in Sydney, and it's located in Chintatown in the south of the Sydney CBD.

It has the typical Chinese decore and ambience. It's very busy, so if you don't have a booking on a busy night, you will wait around 1 to 2 hours for a table. You can always reserve a table, go for a drink nearby and come back. :)

For those that don't want seafood, there are plenty meat and vegetarian dishes.

If you do choose a fresh fish and/or lobster and/or crab from the many fish tanks within the restaurant, they will put it inside a bag and bring it to your table for your confirmation before they go ahead and cook it. It's obviously one of the best ways to eat seafood.

Favorite Dish Try the fresh lobster and any fresh fish! :) Very nice.

Joseph69's Profile Photo
Joseph69
Dec 02, 2008

Food Hall: Chinatown

The food hall is located on the third floor at Paddy's Market or Market Town in Chinatown. There are many options to choose from seafood, Asian, Indian, sandwhiches/rolls and freshly squeezed juices. You cna get a good meal here for less than $10 mostly cooked fresh some are already cooked. This is a good option for lunch or a cheap quick dinner the food hall is always kept clean with plenty of tables.

stedeb's Profile Photo
stedeb
Jul 04, 2008

Dixon: Dixon

Dixon Restaurant is a place we stumbled upon. We were walking up through Chinatown when this place was SO much more crowded than the others and with Asians mostly. So this meant we decided to check out the menu and sit down.

cjg1's Profile Photo
cjg1
Oct 22, 2007

Chinatown Restaurants: I enjoyed the top quality Yum Cha so much!

It is said that the Chinese cuisine, particularly the Yum Cha/Dim Sum are up with the best in the world - ie next to Hong Kong and Guangzhou, that is Southern China where the reputation for fine food has been renowned.

WE ended up at The Marigold which was always one of the well regarded before my 7 years away in Europe and the range and quality of the Dim Sum served to us was still excellent and absolutely enjoyed!
Its a little more up in price since Ive been away but for the $20 each person our 10 or so selections plus rice and tea came to - about £8 per person - thats great value for money!

Favorite Dish Prawn dumplings, vegetable dumplings, any dumplings!, bok choy with oyster sauce, and the coconut jelly was still wow! Weve not usually had barbecued pork when having Yum Cha but it was offered and it was a delicious accompaniment as was the Jasmine Tea.

angiebabe's Profile Photo
angiebabe
Oct 11, 2007
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"What do you do with your weekend?"
wabat's Profile Photo

wabat

"A Ramble around Sydney"
LadyRVG's Profile Photo

LadyRVG

"Love Those Sydneysiders"
iandsmith's Profile Photo

iandsmith

"Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
leffe3's Profile Photo

leffe3

"Sydney"
View Member

Chinatown Restaurants: Chinatowns TOP Restaurants.

Haymarket - Chinatown

Emperors Garden Seafood - 213 Thomas Street - Chinese - 92819899

Goldren Century - 393 Sussex Street - Chinese - 92123901*For Food

Red Chilli - 51 Dixon Street - Chinese - 92118122

Marigold - Level 4 683 George Street - Chinese - 92813388 - Great Yum Cha **For Food

Dragon Star Seafood - Level 3 Market City - Chinese - 92118988

Silver Spring - 477 Pitt Street - Chinese - 92112232

Openseas's Profile Photo
Openseas
Oct 08, 2007

Golden Century: Very good Chinese

Staying in Chinatown Sydney last week was great. (Definitely not the hotel) It’s a short walk to the city center and buses and cabs are everywhere so you don’t spend your holiday waiting, and the food!

One night after a late nap we awoke around 10.00pm a little hungry. Since we were in Chinatown a small something with rice was decided upon, you know no song and dance just a snack. Well, ……. We walked around the streets and came across this restaurant that was packed and had twenty plus people waiting just to get in. Curiosity, and being told we could not get in for at least half an hour was just to much and we just had to see what all the fuss was about.

Favorite Dish We left after midnight. I had Peking duck by myself, which was fantastic and Caroline, had vegetarian rice as planned. The menu is amazing, with an incredible array of fresh seafood. Looking at the large crab and fish meals arriving at the tables around us made the wait well worth while.

I should warn you that upstairs is a bit full on, with ‘Happy Birthday’ blasted at you over the speakers every few minutes. I was also told that they are open to 4am, so in the wee hours when band members and drunk footballers decide they need to eat, it can be entertaining.

Well worth the visit and next time I will go when I am hungry and have seafood.

jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo
jeffmartinartist
May 14, 2007

Chinatown Restaurants: Best Yum Cha in Sydney

If you are looking for the best Yum Cha in Sydney, go straight to the Regal Restaurant in Chinatown.

The decor is beautiful - open and airy with chandeliers and crisp white tablecloths.

The food is AMAZING. Lots of steamed dumplings with prawns, scallops, different sorts of vegetables, pork; spring rolls; assorted dim sims, fried calamari, etc. The desserts too are very good.

This place is always packed, so it's probably a good idea to make a reservation or you might be waiting for a table.

Favorite Dish It's a toss up between the vegetable dumplings and the steamed prawn dumplings. They're just so fresh, flavoursome and melt in the mouth.

lavieenrose
Apr 15, 2007

Golden Century Seafood Restaurant: Golden Century - Yummy Fresh Seafood!!!

This is probably the busiest Chinese restaurant in Chinatown. There always seems to be huge queues at the door, which you don't see at any of the neighbouring restaurants. We decided to try out this restaurant, there were 13 of us, so we phoned for a reservation. We were told the earliest table would be at 9.30pm. A bit late for dinner for us, but nevertheless, we went ahead with the booking. When we got to the restaurant we had to fight our way through the crowds at the door to let the receptionist know we had arrived for our booking. Unfortunately, their booking system doesn't mean that having booked a table for 9.30pm guarantees a table for that time, so we ended up waiting an hour before we got our table. But it was well worth the wait! The seafood was fresh, they will bring over the live seafood to your table, before they cook your it, informing you of the weight of the seafood that you'll be paying for. There is a large variety of seafood to choose from, all visible from the fishtanks located at the front of the restaurant. We really wanted to try the King Crabs, they looked huge, but they worked out very pricey, so we settled for snow and mud crabs instead. One of the crab dishes we had was cooked in a salt and pepper batter - that was my favourite! I can understand now why there are always queues for this place!

Favorite Dish Me and hubby went back to this restaurant again, just the 2 of us this time, a few days later. We went past at 8pm, and as usual, there were huge queues, so we opted to see a film first, then went back at 11pm where the queues had disappeared and we got our table as soon as we arrived. This time, we decided to try the Australian lobster, sharing a 1.1kg lobster cooked in spring onion and ginger sauce with a noodle base and we also had one baby abalone each. The lobster was lovely! The flesh was very succulent, much nicer than the lobsters we have back in the UK. Even though it worked out quite expensive, it was a good experience!

I definitely recommend this restaurant, but as you've probably gathered, either be very patient to get a table or avoid the peak eating hours (the retaurant is open up until 4am in the morning!!!).

UKDaisy's Profile Photo
UKDaisy
Feb 25, 2007

Things to Do Near Sydney

Sydney Cricket Ground

During our visit to Sydney in Feb/March 2012; we we fortunate to watch a cricket game here(my first live crisket match). It was Australia vs. India; Australia kicked butt and won. The thing that...

Australian Museum

It had been a number of years since I had visited the Australian Museum but I was recently drawn back, attracted by the fact that it was hosting a special exhibition, Trailblazers, honouring...

Capitol Theatre

Watching Guys and Dolls, a musical at the Capitol Theatre is an enriching experience. The theatre has a very impressive architectural design, both inside and out. The ushers and usherettes are helpful...

Paddington and Paddington Market

Paddington Paddington is well-known for its residential area of leafy tree lined streets, with large three storey Victorian terraces overhanging the tiny narrow lanes, it is an impressive, stylish...

Chinatown

Through a combination of cloud murals/etchings and thirty hanging silver spirit figures artist Jason Wing, of Aboriginal and Chinese descent, made a stunning transformation of the 200 metres long...

Sydney Entertainment Centre

Georgia was excited and honoured to participate in her second Schools Spectacular at the Sydney Entertainment Centre at the end of November 2010. She did this for the first time last year and...

Getting to Sydney

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map