Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Sydney and Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour
"With a warm and mild climate year-round the open-air double-decker coach tour is a perfect way to sightsee in Sydney and Bondi. Hop aboard the open-top double-decker bus at any of the 34 stops around the city. Enjoy live commentary from your onboard guide as you sit back and relax on the full ride which takes about 90 minutes or hop off to sightsee and explore at your own pace.Discover Sydney's highlights including the Sydney Opera House Sydney Harbour Bridge the historic Rocks district and Sydney’s CBD (Central Business District). Hop off the coach to browse the stores in modern shopping areas or grab a bite to eat at the bustling Sydney Fish Market. Stretch your legs as you stroll around the Royal Botanic G
From AUD45.00

Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney and Bondi Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
"For great views of Sydney and Bondi while you’re in port in Sydney travel around the city in an open-top double-decker bus. The Sydney and Bondi routes take you around the world's most beautiful harbor past towering skyscrapers iconic buildings like the Sydney Opera House the iron-lace terrace houses of Paddington Double Bay’s millionaires’ mansions and legendary Bondi Beach. Sydney’s year-round climate of blue skies and sunshine makes it the ideal location for an open-top bus ride while in port.You can hop on and off as many times as you like aboard both each tour takes approximately 90 minutes and includes interesting on-board commentary. The bus departs every 15 to 20 minutes from each stop and tickets are valid for 24 hours from first use. The tours connect at 100 William Street or Central Station sto
From AUD45.00

Australian Museum General Entry Ticket
"Arrive at the Australian Museum at a time that suits you — your ticket is valid anytime the museum is open and includes entrance to the permanent exhibits. Three floors house some of the more than 18 million items in the museum’s collection including priceless fossils and unusual artifacts. The minerals collection alone holds more than 53000 specimens from Australia and abroad.In the Surviving Australia exhibition marvel at massive animals that once roamed Australia including giant wombats and echidnas. See live animals such as a baby freshwater crocodile a python and lizards; then find out how the most dangerous creatures hunt their prey. The Indigenous Australians and Garrigarrang Sea Country exhibits provides an in-depth look at the Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
From AUD15.00

Clothing Tips (18)

Clothing: Roxy

I arrived in Sydney with a pair of beautiful high heeled sandals that were quite comfortable (that is if you weren't walking as much as we did). But after walking all over Circular Quay, Botanic Gardens and Domain, around Darling Harbour, my poor feet were killing me.

I was in search of a pair of sandals that were functional, cute and comfy. I searched all over Sydney for the right pair and after about an hour, walked into Roxy and found the pair pictured here.

I didn't love them, but I needed something quick and this is the closet I came to something that suited my needs.

Lucky for me I neither loved them and paid too much for them, because as soon as I got home my pup torn them apart (I guess she thought they weren't fashionable enough, and I think I would agree), oh well....

What to buy Roxy sells a large selection of beach wear, shorts, sun dresses, t-shirts, bathing suits, and anything you need for a day at the beach.

I found my sandals here.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Gypsystravels
Jun 12, 2008

Clothing.: Flirting in Bondi

Nooo... not that kind of flirting.. LOL..

'Flirting' is the name of the lingerie shop on the promenade of Bondi Beach.. It just caught my eye, and I couldn't resist taking a photo.
However, I did wonder if I could afford to buy the 'price tag' .. ;-)

What to buy In A Lingerie shop??? What else?

Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
Sweetberry1
Aug 27, 2003

SHOPPING STREET: Oxford Street

The Oxford Street strip, stretching along the suburb Paddington, has long been established as the shopping mecca for the chic and cool of Sydney. Not only does it have a great selection of local and upmarket designer stores (eg. Brave, Zimmerman, Billion Dollar Babes, Robbie Ingam, Akira Isogawa), it also has the regular Australian/international chain brands (Marcs, Esprit, Country Road, General Pants, Review, Jigsaw, Witchery, Kookai etc). This is the best place to shop for young and funky designer wear.

What to buy Mens and Ladies clothing, shoes, homewares. On Saturdays Paddington Markets for arts and crafts.

SydneyGal's Profile Photo
SydneyGal
Jan 01, 2003

Clothing: Double Bay Boutiques

Plenty of boutiques are located in this area. The shop fronts alone are very cute. You will also find a few seconds stores in the area, full of high end labels. Once youve done boutique hopping, there are lots of nice cafes and restaurants. My favourite is called the Limoncello - cafe/restaurant.

Explore the European-style lanes and arcades for silverware, fine jewellery, antiques, art and gifts.

The current Miss Universe/Miss Australia had her hair done recently at Transvaal Avenue, Double Bay.

What to buy Unique and Designer labels, beautiful childrens toys- rocking horses, doll houses, exquisite jewellery and baby clothes...you will find a bit of everything in Double Bay.

http://www.dbi.com.au/phonedir.html some of these links show pictures of each beautiful restaurant/clothing store etc.

What to pay Much above average

SierraSydney's Profile Photo
SierraSydney
Apr 04, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Sydney

359 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
21 Oxford St., Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales, 2021, Australia
Hotels
212 Riley Street, (formerly Comfort Inn Cambridge), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
28 Albion St, (formerly Furama Hotel Central), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
267 Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
Wentworth Avenue & Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia

Clothing.: East Gardens Shopping Mall

This shopping mall has everything a girl could want from shoes & bags to departments to sports shops. East Gardens caters for all - and also has a wicked food arcade! Prices are very reasonable too - a particular favourite shop of mine was Sports Girl, it has smart troussers to denium skirts to Suit jackets, dont miss it!

What to buy A lot of things are cheap to buy in Sydney, i found that a lot of their sports shops were reasonable for shorts / tops / running troussers / trainers etc

What to pay Not as much as the UK thats for sure!

Emmachristie
Jul 21, 2004

Clothing.: Seconds

There are seconds shops in the warehouse districts of Sydney. These shops don't sell second-hand clothes, but slightly damaged ones at very affordable price. Factory outlets are also good places to buy clothes and shoes

What to pay Big savings from retail prices.

Ramonq's Profile Photo
Ramonq
Oct 15, 2003

Wombat at the Rocks: Aussie Items

Wombat at the Rocks is one of the many cute little shops in the Rocks area. The shop sells quality Australian items; hats, shoes, bags and accesories. They have a large selction of Ugg items as well as Jacaru hats. I've been shopping here since my fist visit to Sydney in 2007. They have a great selction of items and the sales people are very helpful.

Over the years I have purchased many items here; Jacaru hats, tee shirts and several Ugg accesories(I'm not a fan of Ugg boots that for some reason are so popular in the states. The real leather Ugg boots are nicer). I do love their ear muffs and gloves; so warm for the cold New York winters. Prices here are quite reasonable for such quality merchandise.

LadyRVG's Profile Photo
LadyRVG
Aug 01, 2012

Maggie-T: Shopping for Real Ladies

There are two stores in Sydney, one down by Wynyard Station and close to the Four Season's Hotel on George St, just behind Sportsgirl and the other just at the entrance of the lift taking you up the Centrepoint Tower Restaurant.
Both have fabulous linen, cotton silk garments Australian size 12 - 24 and if they do not have what you are after they will point you in the right direction.
It is notoriously difficult to find plus size clothing in Australia.

What to buy Every day wear hand picked by Australian icon Maggie Tabberer or her daughter's Italian linen made in Italy.

What to pay $50 upwards

freespirit1's Profile Photo
freespirit1
Mar 01, 2008

cjg1

"What do you do with your weekend?"
wabat's Profile Photo

wabat

"A Ramble around Sydney"
LadyRVG's Profile Photo

LadyRVG

"Love Those Sydneysiders"
iandsmith's Profile Photo

iandsmith

"Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
leffe3's Profile Photo

leffe3

"Sydney"

Shopping Mecca - The Queen Victoria Building

The Queen Victoria Building, or as it is more commonly known to locals, the QVB is a great place to visit for not only the shoppers out there, but also those interested in Byzantine Architecture…Apparently, the QVB has been described by Pierre Cardin as "the most beautiful shopping centre in the world". Originally built in 1898, it was renovated and converted to a giant shopping mecca in the middle of Sydney's CBD, with more than 200 shops. The Queen Victoria Building offers a range of shopping outlets including fashion boutiques, beauty care, jewellers and Australian souvenirs / clothing.

What to buy Mens and ladies clothing, shoes, jewellery, cosmetics, bath and body products, souvenirs

SydneyGal's Profile Photo
SydneyGal
Jan 01, 2003

Clothing: Market City - Cloth Factory Outlets

There is a branded clothing factory outlets in Market City. Market City on the second floor of Paddy's Market.

You can buy cloths with factory outlet prices. Shops like Esprit, Cotton On, Giordano, and etc are there. You will be surprised by the price unless you don't see what you like.

There is a big oriental hypermarket in the mall, plus a food court mostly serve Asian foods.

cal6060's Profile Photo
cal6060
Jul 18, 2011

Wombat at the Rocks: A Nice Jacaru Hat for Me

We were walking in the Rocks when we came upon this store. I saw they had several hats in the shop and knew I was looking for a nice hat. I found several Kangaroo skin hats in a variety of colors and tried them on. After finding the right size for me, I decided I liked the light tan colored had with the brown leather trim.

The hat wasn't too bad in price $95. I was happy to have the hat since it is something I always wanted but never bothered to purchase during my earlier trips. The hat was very soft and comfortable. It kept my head cool in the hot weather and provided just the right amount of shade for my face.

The store also has a large selection of tee shirts and Ugg products.

What to pay The hat was $95

Jul 23, 2010

Flirty: Women's Clothing and Beachwear

Flirty is one of the many shops in Cronulla on the main drag. This particular store drew us in when we saw a dress in the window. The store has a large selection of womens clothing from dresses, tops; both casual and evening attire. After wandering the shop Liz decided on a flowery short white dress with hot pink flowers and a light pink ruffles tank. The saleswoman was very friendly and chatted us up about our travels.

What to pay The store was very affordable with both top and dress priced at $30 each

Apr 16, 2010

Things to Do Near Sydney

Sydney Cricket Ground

During our visit to Sydney in Feb/March 2012; we we fortunate to watch a cricket game here(my first live crisket match). It was Australia vs. India; Australia kicked butt and won. The thing that...

Australian Museum

It had been a number of years since I had visited the Australian Museum but I was recently drawn back, attracted by the fact that it was hosting a special exhibition, Trailblazers, honouring...

Capitol Theatre

Watching Guys and Dolls, a musical at the Capitol Theatre is an enriching experience. The theatre has a very impressive architectural design, both inside and out. The ushers and usherettes are helpful...

Paddington and Paddington Market

Paddington Paddington is well-known for its residential area of leafy tree lined streets, with large three storey Victorian terraces overhanging the tiny narrow lanes, it is an impressive, stylish...

Chinatown

Through a combination of cloud murals/etchings and thirty hanging silver spirit figures artist Jason Wing, of Aboriginal and Chinese descent, made a stunning transformation of the 200 metres long...

Sydney Entertainment Centre

Georgia was excited and honoured to participate in her second Schools Spectacular at the Sydney Entertainment Centre at the end of November 2010. She did this for the first time last year and...

Getting to Sydney

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Map