Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Sydney and Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour
"With a warm and mild climate year-round the open-air double-decker coach tour is a perfect way to sightsee in Sydney and Bondi. Hop aboard the open-top double-decker bus at any of the 34 stops around the city. Enjoy live commentary from your onboard guide as you sit back and relax on the full ride which takes about 90 minutes or hop off to sightsee and explore at your own pace.Discover Sydney's highlights including the Sydney Opera House Sydney Harbour Bridge the historic Rocks district and Sydney’s CBD (Central Business District). Hop off the coach to browse the stores in modern shopping areas or grab a bite to eat at the bustling Sydney Fish Market. Stretch your legs as you stroll around the Royal Botanic G
From AUD45.00

Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney and Bondi Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
"For great views of Sydney and Bondi while you’re in port in Sydney travel around the city in an open-top double-decker bus. The Sydney and Bondi routes take you around the world's most beautiful harbor past towering skyscrapers iconic buildings like the Sydney Opera House the iron-lace terrace houses of Paddington Double Bay’s millionaires’ mansions and legendary Bondi Beach. Sydney’s year-round climate of blue skies and sunshine makes it the ideal location for an open-top bus ride while in port.You can hop on and off as many times as you like aboard both each tour takes approximately 90 minutes and includes interesting on-board commentary. The bus departs every 15 to 20 minutes from each stop and tickets are valid for 24 hours from first use. The tours connect at 100 William Street or Central Station sto
From AUD45.00

Australian Museum General Entry Ticket
"Arrive at the Australian Museum at a time that suits you — your ticket is valid anytime the museum is open and includes entrance to the permanent exhibits. Three floors house some of the more than 18 million items in the museum’s collection including priceless fossils and unusual artifacts. The minerals collection alone holds more than 53000 specimens from Australia and abroad.In the Surviving Australia exhibition marvel at massive animals that once roamed Australia including giant wombats and echidnas. See live animals such as a baby freshwater crocodile a python and lizards; then find out how the most dangerous creatures hunt their prey. The Indigenous Australians and Garrigarrang Sea Country exhibits provides an in-depth look at the Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
From AUD15.00

Airways / Airports Tips (56)

Air New Zealand

If you're in a hurry like most of us are, go by airplane. I flew Air New Zealand. That is a wonderful airline that, when I flew it 10 years ago, treated folks in economy class like other airlines treat first class passengers. I hear tell that Qantas has a good reputation too.

That depends on how far out from Sydney you want to go. In town, taxis are the best way to go. Some hotels, like mine, had courtesy vans that would take folks around town either free or for a modest tip for the driver (which is still cheaper than taxicab fare). If you want to travel far and wide, I would recommend hiring a car.

b1bob's Profile Photo
b1bob
Oct 12, 2004

Qantas Airways

Qantas Airways is Australia's home airline.
It offers flights to and from most places. It also has a Frequent Flyer Program. I collected enough frequent flyer points for 2 adults to Fiji from Sydney. Awesome experience.

RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
RedEaredPanda
Jun 30, 2004

Airport Waiting Areas

I was impressed with both the gate waiting area as well as the very comfortable general waiting area provided to passengers awaiting flights. Surrounded by duty free and other shops, these airports provide relaxing and comfortable areas before you board your flight.

Airport Money Exchange

After clearing immigration, you will easily find money changing services inside the airport. Interestingly, they cater to the Japanese visitor with an express line for changing yen to Australian money.

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Sydney

359 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
21 Oxford St., Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales, 2021, Australia
Hotels
212 Riley Street, (formerly Comfort Inn Cambridge), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
28 Albion St, (formerly Furama Hotel Central), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
267 Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
Wentworth Avenue & Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia

Sydney Airports

I used both the International and Domestic airports in Sydney. Both were very modern and easy to use. The International airport is farther from downtown but has a wonderful aerial view of the city as the airplane is landing across the bay and onto the runway that seems to be practically built on the water.

Depending upon where your hotel or lodgings are located, it will take you from about 20 minutes to almost an hour to reach your destination - especially if you have to drive in rush hour traffic.

I needed to go to North Sydney, which I now know means across the bay from Sydney downtown, and it took about an hour for my taxi to make that trip. Unfortunately, since I am an American and he was a Muslim from Bangladesh, I was regaled with his negative opinions of the American invasion of Iraq for a solid hour. Luckily, most taxi drivers are very personable and interesting which makes these isolated taxi driver incidents bearable when they occur.

The airlines flying out of these airports seemed to me to be stricter on weight limitations than some of their American counterparts. Since I was on a three-week trip, I had a large piece of luggage that happened to be overweight when I checked in for a domestic flight. I had to remove items from my luggage and place them in another bag in order to meet their regulations.

If you do use either of these airports I think you will find them to be easy to navigate, friendly to passengers and efficient and effective in their operations.

Sydney Airport

If you have a flight departing Sydney airport do NOT make the mistake of thinking the airport is open 24 hours and has a lounge. The airport closes at midnight and the lounge is a tiny corner of the airport with uncomfortable seating, try to come to day of your flight.

RamSter's Profile Photo
RamSter
Mar 31, 2004

Sydney Intl

The best (or should I say the only quick & easy ) way to get to Sydney or Australia in general from overseas or in fact from most other places in Australia is to fly there. The airport is just south of the city, and there're numerous shuttles and buses that will bring you into Sydney proper, as well as a dedicated branch of the city's City Rail subway system. If you opt for the subway, it's A$11 one way. There's also a shuttle that will take you in for about $8.

dracko's Profile Photo
dracko
Dec 11, 2003

Qantas to Sydney

I flew Qantas to Sydney and although the leg space could use a major improvement in economy class the service was very good. Every seat has its own little screen with quite some channels on. There are many recent movies on, aswell as many different series and other programs. The staff was very helpful and friendly and took good care of everyones needs. The food I have to say was also delicious. This was actually the first time I liked the food served very much. All in all I'd say fly Qantas!!

martin_nl's Profile Photo
martin_nl
Nov 25, 2003
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"What do you do with your weekend?"
wabat's Profile Photo

wabat

"A Ramble around Sydney"
LadyRVG's Profile Photo

LadyRVG

"Love Those Sydneysiders"
iandsmith's Profile Photo

iandsmith

"Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
leffe3's Profile Photo

leffe3

"Sydney"

The Final Leg

On completion of our brief stay, we watched the Air Niugini Boeing 707 taxi in at Sydney's International Airport, knowing that this was the final stage of our long journey to Papua New Guinea. We flew out on my 30th birthday and I was thinking that, if I had arranged to cross the International Dateline a few days later than we actually did, maybe I could have missed out on it and made myself a year younger! While in Australia, we rented a car and had complete freedom to roam along the coast in the area.

Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
Bwana_Brown
Jun 01, 2003

On line booking Virgin Air

I always fly from Melbourne to Sydney on Virgin Air - book early to get best rates but make sure you do not change your plans as cancellation or changes involve big penalties. It cost me about AUD100 for a one way to Sydney, but if you are looking for better bargains, now and then they have sales.

The airport Virgin has just moved into was the previous Ansett - so much better than months ago - in that tin shade!!! and also proper transit gates.

Audrey118's Profile Photo
Audrey118
Dec 31, 2002

All European travellers who...

All European travellers who are flying direct to Aussie will land in Sydney; even if you are going to another place in Australia. There you have to take another plane (depending on your booking with your travel agent) to your right destination. I have flown 3 times to Australia now, and 2 times with Royal Dutch Airlines (K.L.M.) and 1 time with
Alitalia. But they both work together it is just the same. Flying with K.L.M. from Belgium; you will depart in Deurne-South (Antwerp) to
Schiphol (Amsterdam) and from there to
Singapore > Sydney. Flying with Alitalia; depart from Zaventem (Brussels airport) to Malpensa (Italy) and from there to Singapore > Sydney. But with K.L.M.!!! The only different for me is that Antwerp is only 30 minutes drive from my home and Brussels 1 hour (if I aren't unlucky to get in an traffic jam). On the other hand the food you get on Alitalia is much better then from K.L.M., even the crew is the same as flying K.L.M. So, it's a difficult decision. Near at home or further and good food ;-)

Ronald_T's Profile Photo
Ronald_T
Sep 12, 2002

A picture of the arrivals...

A picture of the arrivals level of Sydney airport (international terminal). Samsung has a display with free internet access (near one of the doors to the outside opposite the hotel telephones). In this photo, the free internet machine is to the extreme left.

Skylink's Profile Photo
Skylink
Aug 26, 2002

Things to Do Near Sydney

Sydney Cricket Ground

During our visit to Sydney in Feb/March 2012; we we fortunate to watch a cricket game here(my first live crisket match). It was Australia vs. India; Australia kicked butt and won. The thing that...

Australian Museum

It had been a number of years since I had visited the Australian Museum but I was recently drawn back, attracted by the fact that it was hosting a special exhibition, Trailblazers, honouring...

Capitol Theatre

Watching Guys and Dolls, a musical at the Capitol Theatre is an enriching experience. The theatre has a very impressive architectural design, both inside and out. The ushers and usherettes are helpful...

Paddington and Paddington Market

Paddington Paddington is well-known for its residential area of leafy tree lined streets, with large three storey Victorian terraces overhanging the tiny narrow lanes, it is an impressive, stylish...

Chinatown

Through a combination of cloud murals/etchings and thirty hanging silver spirit figures artist Jason Wing, of Aboriginal and Chinese descent, made a stunning transformation of the 200 metres long...

Sydney Entertainment Centre

Georgia was excited and honoured to participate in her second Schools Spectacular at the Sydney Entertainment Centre at the end of November 2010. She did this for the first time last year and...

Getting to Sydney

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map