Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

Cairns Super Saver: Great Barrier Reef Cruise plus Kuranda Scenic Railway plus Cape Tribulation Day Trip
From AUD422.00
Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkeling Cruise from Cairns
From AUD149.00
"Daintree Rainforest
From AUD169.00

Regional Gallery Tips (2)

Cairns Regional Gallery

The gallery is a great place to escape the heat for some time. It's located in a beauiful heritage building and its main focus is on aboriginal art.

Opening times are Monday-Saturday from 10am to 5pm, Sundays from 1pm to 5pm and admission is 5 AU$.

bijo69's Profile Photo
Apr 25, 2007

I am going to admit that I have passed this Gallery many times and until today I hadn't taken a peek inside.
What a delight it is. Lovely old building, very nice reception staff and the art is great.
Today I saw the Atherton Wednesday Club's exhibition, just wonderful. They have a lot of talent in Atherton.
Also there is an exhibition of an Australian glass artist by the name of Klaus Moje, all I can say is I was so impressed, I would have loved tohad the money to buy a couple of pieces of this brightly coloured glassware.
Then in another area there was a an exhibition by David Hansen. Again I was impressed.
The exhibitions change regulary.
I would highly reccommend to visit this Gallery.

There is a cafe outside of the premises. The Gallery is in the city centre, easy walking distance from the Esplanade and other areas of the CBD.

There is a $5 entrance charge. This is because it is Council operated, not state, so they don't have the money poured into it like State Galleries.
There is a small gift shop which offers a range of lovely bits and pieces.

Open times Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
Sunday and Public Holidays 1pm to 5pm
(Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day,New Years Day ans Good Friday)

Feb 03, 2008