Map &

Small-Group History of Fremantle Walking Tour
From AUD45.00

Fremantle Tips (10)

Fremantle: The strip

Our favourite eating and drinking area would definately be Freo. Along South Tce there are loads of restaurants to choose from most are licensed or byo (bring your own) were you are charged corkage. Most of them have the menu on dsiplay outside so you can choose which one fits into your budget. There are a lot of Italian pizza & pasta menus. I think the most popular would have to be Pizza Bella Roma there is always a queue outside. Further down South Tce behind the Sail & Anchor pub is a food hall that sells a variety of differant foods quite cheap.
Down by the harbour are several seafood restaurants I prefer Jo's Fish Shack for restaurant eating but for good old fish and chips there are several favourites Ciccerello's & Kailis Bros have both been around forever and both sell great fish and chips. They both have a restaurant style eatery but not in the same class as Joe's. If I had to pick a winner for fish & chips I guess it would be Kaillis. They are all pretty much the same price but I think Kaillis just win out.
Most of the restaurants have pavement tables and in summer thre is a great atmosphere. There are also several night clubs but can't comment on them I think they may of been some changes sine I last went to a club about 15 years ago!!!! Metros often has a queue outside so I guess it must be ok.
For coffee and cake afterwards you can't beat the Dome.

Dress Code I would suggest neat casual as it is prettry laid back especially in summer when it is pretty warm and can often still be in the high 30's late into the night.

stedeb's Profile Photo
Aug 31, 2003

Metropolis Fremantle: Latin Dancing

Latin Dancing!!!

No matter what mood you're in, a night of latin dancing will definitely improve your spirits! Metropolis in Fremantle, Western Australia, is a great venue for a glamour night out!

Metropolis, Fremantle is the place on Friday nights!

No matter if you're on your own or with a group... there are always plenty of talented people to dance with while the band or DJ raises the heat!

Dress Code Dress well... its a party!

Gwynneth's Profile Photo
Sep 05, 2005

Sail & Anchor Pub Brewery: Casual Pub Atmosphere

We stumbled upon the Sail & Anchor Pub on our way back to the Freemantle Train Station. The Pub has an open air feel to it with large glass floor to ceiling doors that they keep ajar. Inside there are plenty of bar tables and stools to grab a seat as well as an upstairs.

The Sail & Anchor carries a large variety beer and cider. Liz and I definitely needed something cool to drink after a walk in the hot sun and this was the perfect place. We chose a table in the back by one of the open doors; the breeze was perfect. I enjoyed takinga load off and enjoying a few cold beers with my wife. The casual atmosphere of the place was perfect for feeling relaxed and letting the time fly by.

The pub had just what I needed: cold beer and good vibe. Will definitely return.

Dress Code Casual

cjg1's Profile Photo
May 23, 2012

Fremantle area: Fremantle area

Fremantle has an abundance of pubs/clubs, plus the main street (South Tce) aka 'the cappuccino strip' has some great alfresco cafes. Fantastic place to 'people watch'.

Dress Code Summer is hot, winter nights can be quite cool

Aug 25, 2002

875 Wellington St, Perth, Western Australia, 6005, Australia
228 James St, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, 6003, Australia
162 Aberdeen Street, Perth, 6003, Australia

Fremantle: Fremantle vs Northbridge

My going out days are minimal the older I get, but I've been to both Northbridge & Fremantle, and have to say Fremantle was awesome. The pubs were very relaxed, and packed to the point of comfortable. People playing billards, as well as dancing, and just general socialising. In the city centre (Fremantle) there are many different types of clubs to suit different tastes. Some clubs were open till 5am (if memory serves). If you have a few days or weeks in Perth, consider staying at least one night near the city centre of Fremantle (as a cab ride for the evening could be quite costly from Perth city centre).

If you're lucky you might catch the markets open the following day. Lots of history, as well as interesting souvenirs.

TravelingGypsy's Profile Photo
Oct 08, 2008

Fremantle: Harbourside

This used to be the Zani Bar however was recently renovated and under new management.

This is a nightclub/pub/chill out place.

The harbourside has different rooms which include a pub room with pool table, dance room, outside balcony, chill out room with tables and couches and much more.

Dress Code Casual but girls can wear whatever

leanne_pearc's Profile Photo
Mar 12, 2005

Zanzi Bar: Music and Dancing

Dancing and music is not everyones cup of tea.But this place we found was good for all ages have a meal in one of the surrounding restauraunts and then on to Zanai Bars.Good selection of music.Comfortable surroundings and pleasant staff.

Dress Code Smart Dress only

juliealdous's Profile Photo
Nov 26, 2003

Fremantle: Best Hotspot in Perth - Fremantle

Fremantle is the best place ot party on a saturday night. It has the main cafe strip, which has heaps of cafe's and pubs plus my favourite club in perth Metropolis Fremantle. It is a massive club with 2 dance areas, heaps of bars and a huge balcony. Plus 24 hour Hungry Jacks (HJ) is across the road so you are never hungry. The zanzibar is also a short walk away and both stay open till hte wee hours of the morning.. I suggest you make a whole nite and morning of fremantle it is the best.

Dress Code No sneakers.. girls can pretty much get away with anything, guys don't need collars. Come before 11 and get in for $5 after that its $10.. its well worth it

Feb 06, 2004
keeweechic's Profile Photo

"Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
aussirose's Profile Photo

"Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
FOotFetish's Profile Photo

"Here in Western Australia-Perth"
balhannah's Profile Photo

bryINpoland's Profile Photo

"Perth...A Home Away From Home"
View Member

Little Creatures Brewery, Fremantle: The freshest beer in town...

If you're in Perth it's worth the trip into Fremantle to go to Little Creatures Brewery.

From the Little Creatures web site:
"Little Creatures Brewery is set inside a massive converted boat shed right on Fishing Boat Harbour in Fremantle. Within the brewery itself is our "cellar door" bar and restaurant, perfect for hopheads needing that super fresh pale ale hit! The brewery is totally open and visible to the cellar door and the beer is poured straight from the conditioning doesn't get much fresher than this!"

There's also a great food area, serving wood fired pizza amongst other great meals.

It's open all day every day, there isn't a bad time to visit and sit back in the sunshine with a cold pint.

Dress Code Very casual, although it depends on time of day or night.

dexta's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Night Clubs in Freo

Fremantle has two night clubs that are open to all hours...The clink and Metropolis. Both on the same street.

leanne_pearc's Profile Photo
Jul 23, 2009

Things To Do Near Perth

City Beach

I went to Perth on a business trip in 2004. My co-worker and I went for three weeks. One weekend, we visited his colleague at his house overlooking City Beach. We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking...

Queens Gardens

Tucked into a little part of East Perth is the Queens Gardens. This is a lovely little English style park which is popular with wedding parties for photograph opportunities. Within the garden is a...

Art Gallery of Western Australia

Whilst it may have been founded back in 1895, the gallery we see today was opened in October 1979 and is a modern 'brutalist' architecture of straight lines. Whilst it may not be particularly...

Western Australian Museum

A large imposing mix of a series of Victorian and modern glass buildings, the WAM is just seconds from the Art Gallery of WA and forms part of the cultural island that includes WAM, AGWA, PICA (Perth...

Government House

Still on St. George's Terrace, I stop to look through the fence at the magnificent Government House. I'm afraid this is all you can do, as Government House is only open to the public on minimal...

Scarborough Beach

I was at a conference in Perth this time so didn't get much opportunity to see a lot but the most wonderful thing about Perth is that it is on the West coast of Australia and therefore you get to see...

Getting to Perth

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!