Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Morning Tea Walking Tour of Perth
"Time of operation: 10.00am – 12.00pmStarting point: Perth Town Hall (corner Barrack and Hay St’s Perth 6000)End point: State Buildings (Corner Barrack St and St Georges Tce Perth 6000)Start your day in Perth with a morning tea walking tour. Enjoy a coffee or tea with a dash of history culture and arts. The tour will explore the Heritage Precinct of Perth the old theatre district as well as former educational precincts. Enjoy a complimentary coffee or tea at popular local café with your guide while you immerse yourself in the wonderfully re-purposed heritage building in a forgotten area of the city. Visit secret gardens discover hidden art and visit a fine art gallery while learning some of the more interesting anecdotes about the city At the conclusion of the tour your friendly guide will then escort you to one of the most significant and newly refurbished build
From AUD35.00

Perth and Fremantle Bike Tours
"Swan Valley Wine TastingThis relatively short and easy tasting tour isn't just about wine. There are opportunities to taste some delicious cheeses chocolate sauces jams and the totally unbeatable Passion-fruit curd. Get off the busy main road through the valley and ride deserted back roads past the vines often full of grapes (and maybe try a grape or two). Perth City TourAn option that always surprises especially locals who think they know Perth. Perth has so many hidden jewels from amazing street art and quirky statues
From AUD75.00

Small-Group History of Fremantle Walking Tour
"Originally a fishing port Fremantle has reinvented itself over the years to become a vibrant hub for local artisans – from micro breweries to fashion designers to cafes all wrapped up in a lively music scene. Meet your guide at the Fremantle Visitors Centre and step back in time as you start your walking tour at the Town Hall which opened in 1887 and has remained largely unchanged. This magnificent building has not lost any of its grandeur and charm over the years and continues to be a great example of 19th-century architecture. Next wind your way down the narrow streets stopping for photo opportunities and a bit of storytelling from your guide and walk along the Cappuccino Strip
From AUD45.00

Caversham Wildlife Park Tips (16)

Mad Rush

They took a long time to pick up other visitors around the city before heading out to Caversham Wildlife Park. There we were greeted, upon arrival, by friendly guides.

We are quickly brought to the Kangaroos/Wallabies encounter where we had the opportunity to feed them and touch them. We then proceeded to the Wombat shelter where the guide brought out a wombat for picture taking. Thereafter, we were led to the Koalas enclosure to see and touch the Koalas. Would have been better if we can carry one for picture taking.

After tea, we proceed to Pinnacle Desert, which is a long way from Caversham.

walterwu's Profile Photo
walterwu
Dec 09, 2014

Caversham Wildlife Park

Caversham wildlife park has just moved to its new location. About 25 mins drive from Perth city. This is the definite place to go for getting up close and personal with animals like kangeroofs, wombats and koalas. Other than that, there is a large varieties of bird sanctuaries.
Bring your own camera and take as many pics as you want with the animals without being charging extra. The rangers are friendly and a souvenir shop is avaliable for Australia goods purchase.

FOotFetish's Profile Photo
FOotFetish
Apr 04, 2011

The Only Regret...

Get closer; a lil bit closer. Ok, that's enough.

You see, we were not allowed to touch the cuddly lil Koala. When I visited Australia previously, we were allowed to hold the koalas for photo-taking. But one has to be careful as their claws are pretty sharp and thus, you could get a nasty gash.

But still, I'm happy that my daughter had the opportunity to see the Koalas up close.

Don't Ever Miss the Farm Show

The bulk of the money you'll pay to enter Caversham is to fund this farm show, as so I believe.

Just warming the seats for just a couple of minutes, I was invited on stage to try swinging the billy. That is to swing a can filled with tea in the 360 degree motion - over your head and back down again. I thought the guy was kidding me, but I did it. Yeah.

Other shows include the cracking of whip, feeding of lambs and also, a sheep shearing demonstration. The way they shear the sheep is so totally impressive as once the shearing was done, the host lifted up the entire wool, showing us that it was in one piece! True masterpiece of a good sheep shearer.

The children also had the opportunity to milk the cow. What a treat.

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Perth

32 Richardson Street, Perth, Western Australia, 6005, Australia
496 Newcastle Street, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, 6005, Australia
32 Outram St, West Perth, Perth, Western Australia, 6005, Australia
875 Wellington St, Perth, Western Australia, 6005, Australia
228 James St, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, 6003, Australia
Hotels
707 Wellington Street, (formerly Grand Chancellor Perth), Perth, Western Australia, 6000, Australia

A Hop In The Park

My children and I came to Australia to see their native animals, and we were not disappointed. There were masked owls, wombats, lorikeets, and many more. One of the biggest kick for the children was that they were able to come face-to-face with the kangaroos, and my, were there alot of kangaroos.

These marsupials were given the area to roam and there are bins of dry food conveniently located at different part of the kangaroo enclosure for tourists to feed them. Truthfully, they were all so overfed!

As these kangaroos have been domesticated, they are rather friendly and would not move an inch when you're taking a picture with it. Still, respect these animals. Do note, wild kangaroos are not so people-friendly and their hindlegs pack a punch. So be careful when you approach them, domesticated or not.

Caversham Wildlife Park

Caversham Wildlife Park is, besides the Zoo, the second option in Perth to see a wide variety of Aussie animals. You can get close to them, enter some enclosures, feed the kangaroos, touch a koala's fur, have your photo taken with an animal. The star of the show is Big Bubs the Wombat - I was even allowed to hold her myself because the park was not very busy that day - usually she stays in the keeper's lap. In addition to the Aussie species the park also has domestic animals.

Compared to Perth Zoo, Caversham is the better choice for families with kids and generally people who want to interact with the animals, feed and pat them. People who prefer observing animals in their natural habitat and behaviour to treating them as pets will feel happier at Perth Zoo.

The disadvantage of Caversham Wildlife Park is its location far out of the city in Whiteman Park - you need a car, getting there by public transport is difficult.

More animal photos on my travelogue page

Kathrin_E's Profile Photo
Kathrin_E
May 14, 2009

Caversham Wildlife Park

If you want to get up close and personal with a kangaroo or koala then Caversham Wildlife Park is the place to go. Caversham Wildlife Park is in our famous Swan Valley. You can book day tours through the Perth Information Centre or hire a car and visit it for yourselves. Caversham is part of Whiteman Park which is a lovely way to experience the Australian bush.
Caversham Park

aussirose's Profile Photo
aussirose
Apr 02, 2009

The cuddly cute koalas

At last, I finally got a chance to touch this cute animal. Its soooooooooooooo pretty and the fur so soft!

A tip from the caretaker, carress them with the back of your hand not with your palm as our palm maybe oily which can take away the moisture that keep them warm....

Errrr...I actually 4got the real reason. But I'm pretty sure up to the word moisture though :P

Ohhh...and another jackpot, we got to meet the little baby too....

keeweechic's Profile Photo

keeweechic

"Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
aussirose's Profile Photo

aussirose

"Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
FOotFetish's Profile Photo

FOotFetish

"Here in Western Australia-Perth"
balhannah's Profile Photo

balhannah

"MY TIME IN PERTH"
bryINpoland's Profile Photo

bryINpoland

"Perth...A Home Away From Home"

Meet Holly the wombat

Also at Caversham, do check out the details on the timing for a date with Holly the wombat.

We were passing the stage area when we saw the next 'date' is at 1.30 pm so we got into the que and get a picture of ourself with the wombat.

Apr 07, 2007

Close, up & personal with the kangaroos

Talking about Australia, the 1st thing that came to my mind is kangaroo..then koala and I just learnt about wombat when we visited Perth Zoo.

Caversham Wildlife Park was mentioned in most if not all Perth/ Western Australia tourist guide books, phamplets and websites. Getting excited about the possibility of getting closer to those 3 animals we found our way to the park on 28 March 2007.

Again we take a ride on Transperth bus No. 60 from Barrack St. Stand No. 2 to Morley station then hop on bus number 336 to Whiteman Park.

The management of Whiteman Park is thoughtful enough to provide a courtesy ride into the park for those arriving with public transport like us since the entrance to the Caversham Wildlife Park is about 1.8km from the main entrance.

AUD16 is charged as an entrance fee for 1 adult. They provide u a map as a guide to go around the park.

It was a memorable experience. I think the most well fed kangaroo in Western Ausralia if not in the whole Australia is at Caversham. Some of the kangaroos just ignore the food in our hands but some are really sporting! Lots of mother-2b kangaroo are around as well mother with baby roo in pouch!

One thing for sure, just be alert to your surrounding if during your visit its the roo mating season coz we did see a couple in action in broad day light!!!!

Apr 07, 2007

Kangaroos can spoil your picnic

While they are cute to look at, watch out for your sandwiches! A roo's claws are similar to that of a German Shepherd dog - long and hard. And they'll use them to scratch the food right out of your hand. Very persistent pests if you really are hungry yourself. I would suggest you eat before you go to the park.

PeterPanandWendy's Profile Photo
PeterPanandWendy
Nov 28, 2006

Visit Aussie's Signature Animals

U can touch the animals inside the wildlife park and even feed them. I like it because you can see the unique animals you can find in OZ all in one visit. You can have picnics and BBQ there. It is a nice way to spend your weekends.

Applelyn's Profile Photo
Applelyn
Mar 24, 2006

Things to Do Near Perth

City Beach

I went to Perth on a business trip in 2004. My co-worker and I went for three weeks. One weekend, we visited his colleague at his house overlooking City Beach. We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking...

Queens Gardens

Tucked into a little part of East Perth is the Queens Gardens. This is a lovely little English style park which is popular with wedding parties for photograph opportunities. Within the garden is a...

Art Gallery of Western Australia

Whilst it may have been founded back in 1895, the gallery we see today was opened in October 1979 and is a modern 'brutalist' architecture of straight lines. Whilst it may not be particularly...

Western Australian Museum

A large imposing mix of a series of Victorian and modern glass buildings, the WAM is just seconds from the Art Gallery of WA and forms part of the cultural island that includes WAM, AGWA, PICA (Perth...

Government House

Still on St. George's Terrace, I stop to look through the fence at the magnificent Government House. I'm afraid this is all you can do, as Government House is only open to the public on minimal...

Scarborough Beach

I was at a conference in Perth this time so didn't get much opportunity to see a lot but the most wonderful thing about Perth is that it is on the West coast of Australia and therefore you get to see...

Getting to Perth

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Map