• Venison
    Scotch Fillet
    Clevedon Oysters

• Mountain Kebabs

Tongariro National Park Restaurants

The previous day I had eaten fish and chips, but after my trekking I wanted to change the menu I needed meat to recuperate energy. I saw this shop, I liked the atmosphere, I talked with the owner, I had not enough NZ Dollars, I had to fly the next day from Auckland to Buenos Aires, and I told him if he would give me half the kebab for 5 NZ dollars,...

• Excellent Food

The restaurant features mostly British style foods. Excellent beer selection and for a Yank from the states the food is great! I tried the "Toad In A Hole"! It was excellent and I finished it off with a Guinness. Highly recommend. They even trace a clover in the top of the Guinness!

• The freshest prawns in New Zealand

A friendly restaurant located in the world's only geothermal Prawn Farm, serving the "inhabitants" (plus non-prawn dishes). The view from the restaurant on the Waikato river is nice, too. I love prawns, so this restaurant was for perfect for me. My favourite dish was the Prawn River Platter - prawns cooked in butter, with salad, dips and focaccia.

Taupo Region Hotels

Taupo (town) Hotels
43 Reviews - 120 Photos

Instant Answers: Taupo Region

Taupo Region Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Taupo Region restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Taupo Region sightseeing.
Map of Taupo Region