More Places to eat in Antigua and Barbuda

Enjoying a beachside dinner (10/2013)
    Goat Cheese profiteroles
    Onion Soup

Most Viewed Restaurants in Antigua and Barbuda

• mazzap's Profile Photo

Turner's Beach Bar & Grill: Conveniently Placed Right On The Beach

by mazzap Updated Mar 12, 2006

The only place to eat & drink on this beach, but that didn't stop it being good! It was busy with a lively atmosphere. The service was very friendly & all the food we had was good. Inexpensive too.

Favorite Dish: We just had sandwiches, light snacks & cold drinks but we were all very satisfied with our choices.

A shady retreat - Turner's Beach Bar & Grill

Island B-Hive Sports Bar & Restaurant: Cold Beers and Free Wi-fi

by cjg1 Updated Nov 7, 2012

The Island B-Hive was exactly what we needed after an afternoon of shopping... a cold beer and free Wi-fi (the Wi-fi on the ship is slow and ridiculously priced even for a small amount of time). Apparently the free Wi-fi is a huge draw here since the place was packed with people on their lap tops and phones surfing the web.

We were fortunate to find two seats at the bar which was jamming. We ordered two Wadadli; which is the local beer of the island. The special of the day was two Wadadli for $5; which is a good price considering the free Wi-fi. The only catch is you have to wait for the bartender to put in the password for the internet on your phone/computer; which can take some time (island time after all).

Despite the crowd we had a fun time people watching and enjoying some ice cold beer.

Liz and her Ice Cold Wadadli Cheers! The Local Beer; Wadadli Using the free Wi-fi The bar

Hemingways Caribbean Restaurant & Cafe: Rum Punch & Cold Beer

by cjg1 Updated Oct 25, 2013

Hemmingway's a local bar/restaurant in St. John's overlooking St. Mary's Street; just steps away from the main shopping area. After some serious shopping my wife and I decided to stop in to have a nice cold drink. Hemingway's has a reputation for good food, good drinks and local hospitality.

As I imagined it would be...the place was hopping. The large veranda was jamming with diners munching on some tasty local fare such as conch and local fish, We decided to have a seat at the bar and enjoy some cool drinks. I chose to have the local beer; a Wadadli. Wadadli is a crisp light lager; perfect for drinking in the tropical heat. My wife chose to have one of Hemingway's famous Rum Punches made with the local Cavalier rum. From the first sip; she was in heaven...Liz loves nothing more than a well made Rum Punch.

We had a good time here people watching, enjoying our drinks and chatting with the bartender. I would definitely suggest that anyone in the area stop here for a drink or two. I wish we were hungry though; the food looked awesome.

My wife and I recently returned here in 2013 for one of their tasty rum punches; still as good as the first time.

My Baby and her Rum Punch Rum Punch Local Brew Small Bar Area Taking a break from the heat

• Galesjam's Profile Photo

The Home Restaurant: The Home Restaurant

by Galesjam Written Jun 2, 2005

The Home Restaurant is located on the outskirts of St John's in a quiet neighbourhood. It is the childhood home of the Antiguan chef Carl Thomas that has been lovingly converted into a fine restaurant.

There is a good variety to choose off the menu as well as some weekly specials. All the dishes are made with fresh, local ingredients that help to give a richer and tastier meal. Along with the cosy and friendly atmosphere it makes this a great place for a meal.

Favorite Dish: The fishcake was very nice, but my favourite was the Chicken Breast with Fresh Pineapple & Mango in a Coconut Curry Sauce. It was excellent, nice and tasty without being too spicy hot.

The Home Restaurant
    • Business Travel

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Copper & Lumber Store: Dining Options at Nelson's Dockyard

by grandmaR Written May 18, 2008

We had a free rum (or in my case juice) drink in the Copper & Lumber Store as a part of the ship tour.

There are two restaurants in the Copper & Lumber Store Hotel. They are

The Wardroom Restaurant which has an international cuisine mixed with all the flavors of the Caribbean.

The Mainbrace Pub which is open for breakfast from 8am each morning and serving lunch daily(and dinner during March and April). The menu is traditional British pub with a Caribbean flavour.

There are several other excellent restaurants are nearby, including The Admiral's Inn, HQ, The Inn at English Harbour, Abracadabra, The Galley Bar & Restaurant, Calabash, Le Cap Horn, Trappas, The Gallery, Club Havanna, The Pizza Oven, Catherine's Cafe, Last Lemming, The Spotlight Bar, Mad Mongoose and Famous Mauro's Pizza.

Copper and Lumber Hotel sign Admiral's Inn sign Detail of the windows of the Copper & Lumber Courtyard at the hotel
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Architecture

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Harmony Hall: Breathtaking view and excellent food

by PALLINA Written Jan 22, 2008

This is a restaurant in an old mill and its a fine arts gallery. The scenery is the best that a Carrabean island can offer, moreover this place, run by two nice Italian guys, is extraordinary for the quality and for the service. They import a lot of things from Italy, except for the fish, I would say....Try it, it's not cheap and the sorrounding is worthseeing too!

Favorite Dish: Everything of fish

• Luxury Travel

Barefoot on the Beach: Dinner on the Beach

by cjg1 Updated May 15, 2013

Barefoot on the Beach is one of Sandal's Beachside restaurants. The restaurant itself is in the "sand". Tables and chairs are configured under a shack-like roof to give it a beach shack sort of feel. We ate here only once for dinner on our arrival night with our friends Bob and Cindy in the midst of Tropical Storm Raphael. Despite it being an outdoor restaurant we were virtually dry thanks to the roof over our heads.

We arrived on time and were seated at a table for four as we were expecting our two friends to arrive. They did arrive put with two other people in tow, so we had to change our table to a larger one. We were handed menus and our drink order was taken. By this time we realized that our friends brought some people they met at the resort with them who were horrible. The husband was fall over drunk, rude and obnoxious; yelling out profanities and just being a jerk. His wife seemed fine but was obviously embarrased by his behavior. We endured a meal with this bad behavior and then hightailed it out of there as soon as possible before I decked the guy or my wife stabbed him with a fork.

Food here is American with some local items and flavors. Amazingly the service here was excellent despite the Tropical Storm that was pounding us with rain, thunder, lightening and wind and a particular table mates bad behavior. My favorite dish of the meal was the Lamb shank which was quite a large portion and very tender. Appetizers were good with some Asianstyle beef and a crab cake. Liz found her steak and shrimp to be just okay, nothing to rave about.

We didn't have dessert since we were anxious to escape the rude man at our table.

Grilled Shrimp Asian Style Beef Steak and Shrimp Lamb Shank Crab Cake
    • Beaches

Cafe de Paris: Great Pastry, Smoothies and Cappucino

by cjg1 Updated May 14, 2013

Cafe de Paris is a bakery/cafe on the property of Sandals Grande Antigua. The Cafe serves coffee, tea, cappucino, specialty coffees and smoothies throughout the day and evening. They also serve pastry, cookies, crepes, belgian waffles, ice cream and cakes.

My wife and I usually made this place a stop after breakfast for a smoothie for me and a cappucino for her. The smoothies were quite good and came in different flavors daily. My wife loved their cappucinos especially their frozen caramel cappucino. I thouroughly enjoyed their banana bread and chocolate chip cookies; very good indeed.

At night when we felt like a sweet treat before bed; this was our place to stop for one of their delicious desserts.

Service here was always friendly and with a smile. The staff here really are exceptional.

Cappucino with Love Liz enjoying her caffeine fix Pastry, cookies,cupcakes Frozen Cappucino

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

ABRACADABRA: Great food and special evenings

by PALLINA Written Jan 22, 2008

They used to define themselves an Italian restaurant; actually they are not Italians, the only thing they have of Italian is a (quite bad) translation of the menu BUT the quality of the food is really good, the ambiance is very amusing and, after dinner, they are used to organize every kind of stuff. Please note that, if you are looking for something very romantic, it can be very noisy (better the other restaurant suggested by me, the Harmony Hall). Strongly raccomended by group of friends eager to have fun.

Favorite Dish: I cannot remember, it was Jan 2005

• School Holidays
    • Business Travel

Courtyard Bistro: Good Cheeseburgers, Nachos and Roti

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2013

The Courtyard Bistro was another quick serve food option at the Sandals Grande Antigua Resort. They has a variety of sandwiches, salads, burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken and even some nachos with cheese. They have daily specials as well.

We came here several times during our stay for soem nachso, hot dog, burger,chicken and my favorite their special vegetable roti. My wife enjoyed comeing here to grab some chicken to feed to the many local stray cats that lived on/around the resort. The cats seemed to know it was time to follow Liz if you want to get fed. It was sad but we felt better feeding them what we could.

My Wife and her Rum Punch Nachos Rum Punch & a Carib

Manager's Cocktail party and Reception: A Nice Return Guest Perk

by cjg1 Updated Oct 29, 2013

One of the perks of being a return guest at Sandals is the Manager's Cocktail Party and Reception. The party begins with a cocktail hour with passed Hors d'oeuvres and an open bar. This is a great way to mingle with other guests as well as staff. We had several staff members that remembered us from the previous year and two in particular who wanted my wife's shoes.

The sit down dinner is held in one of the ballrooms in the Med section of the resort. The meal they provide is always superb with some incredible selections. This year I was quite impressed with the offerings; in particulat the filet mignon and seafood soup that was chocked full of delicious shellfish.

We were fortunate to have a table with a few of our new friends from the pool as well as the Hotel Manager who we loved chatting with throughout our eight day stay at the resort. We did feel a bit bad throughout the course of the evening as we did chat with him the most out of those at the table.

During the reception the managers recognized loyal customers, handed out some awards, recognized guest birthdays, anniversaries and honeymoons and gave out gift bags. Gift bags included a nice bottle of Appleton Rum; yum.

One of the things I love about this party is that there is a dicounted souvenir photo to buy at the end of the evening. The photographer took a photo of us before we entered the ballroom and it was displayed in a silver frame by the end of dessert in the main entranceway. It was $25 for purchase and we always love a souvenir photo of us on vacation.

Seafood Soup Great fun (10/2013) Tasty Salad Filet mignon Chocolate Truffle Cake

KImono's: Good Teppanyaki/Hibachi

by cjg1 Updated Oct 30, 2013

Kimonos' is one of the reservation only restaurants at Sandal's Grande Antigua. The restaurant itself is located on the Caribbean side of the resort in it's own building. Inside the building is the Sushi bar to the left (no reservations needed); the bar and loung area on the first floor and upstairs are the dining areas.

My wife and I ate at Kimonos' the night of the resort's White Party (all guests dressed in white attire and with special events happeing on property). We gave our name to the hostess and made ourselves comfortable in the bar/lounge area. While we waited a resort photographer came in and took some nice picture of us in front of the brightly colored kimonos that decorated the walls.

We waited about 10 minutes to be lead upstairs to our dinig room. We were seated with eight other couples around the griddle. We were all handed menus and our drink orders were taken. Both my wife and I ordered a glass of Sapporo for our beverages. The menu consisted of several choices of soup, appetizers and salads as well as what the chef would be preparing in front of us.

My wife chose to have a salad and some vegetable tempura for her appetizer. I decided to skip the salad and have some eggrolls instead. After our appetizers were served we were introduced to our chef for the evening. The chef asked if there were any food allergies or Vegetarians in the group to which there were none.

He then began to prepar the food for our meal. He began with a shrimp dish with pepers and other vegetables; which was excellent. The next dish was salmon with a spicey glaze; I love it but my wife does not eat fish so I had her portion. The third dish was a delcious beef stirfry with a spicy brown sauce with mushrooms and vegetables which was incredibly good. A side of fried rice was served in a bowl and was the only item that I found to be lacking in flavor.

We all had a fun time watching the chef flip his knives and spatulas in the air and arial tricks with the food. We sat with a nice group of couples and had a fun time talking.

Vegetable Tempura The lobby entrance Liz and I enjoying dinner Egg Rolls

The Drunken Duck: Good Pub Grub

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2013

The Drunken Duck Pub was one of our favorite places to grab some food at the resort. The food here is consistantly good; thanks to Chef David.

The Pub's decore is typical pub style with dark wood accents. There are pub tables, bar seating and tables in an elevated dining room area. There is also a seperate room with billiard tables. My wife and I often came here for pre or post dinner drinks, a snack before dinner, dessert or just a good pub dinner.

The menu here has changed from our visit in 2012; definitely for the better. I was incredibly happy at some of the new choices on the menu and how good the quality of ingredients were. Soem of our favorites here were the Fish and Chips, Chilli Nachos, Steak Sandwich, Mac n Cheese, Pork Ribs, Chicken Wings and the Peanut Butter French Toast.

The Steak Sandwich was tops in my book. It was served on a open pita style bread with thin slices of steak, cheese, lettuce and sauce. Every time I ordered it; it was incredibly good. The side dish of mac and cheese is out of this world good (not as good as my wife's but pretty close). My wife and I loved the Peanut Butter French Toast. It sounded weird at first but it was oh so good. It was basically a peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with French Toast; deep fried, covered with sauce and ice cream. Very rich, very filling and so good....definitely can't fisnih it even with two people.

We had a nice conversation with the Chef during one of our meals and told him how pleased we were with the changes he has made since coming on staff. He and my wife and too much fun chatting about their love of England that the manager keep given him looks to move on.

Nachos with Chili Fish & Chips Ribs with Mac n Cheese Ice Cream Sandwich Peanut Butter French Toast

Soy: Not the Best Sushi Bar

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2013

When I heard that the resort had a sushi bar; I just had to try it out. The sushi bar is in the same building as Kimono's and is a no reservation restaurant at the resort. The sushi bar is a small venue with limited seating so we arrived just as they opened to ensure we got a seat.

We were greated by the chefs and handed menus. We ordered a few rolls; the California, spicy tun and crunchy crab roll. There were some premade appetizers sitting on an iced block for us to take at our leisure. I had a few of the tuna appetizers; they were just ok.

Now here is where the dissapointment begins. The chef took out a pre made roll wrapped in plastic wrap from the fridge below the bar and sliced up our order. Are you kidding me? Pre-made rolls? Then here comes the best part; the rolls were room temperature annd some parts of it were warm despite it comeing from a fridge. The only decent riolls were the California rolls which were not warm and tasted fresher than the others. We left dissapointed and decided to go to the pub for some drinks and dessert.

Looked good; tasted okay

Bayside: Dinner by the Beach

by cjg1 Updated Oct 25, 2013

Despite this being our second stay at Sandals; we never ate at Bayside for dinner our first visit. After hearing that the menu had been re-vamped we decided to make this our first dinner of our 2013 trip.

We arrived a little after the restaurant opened and were seated at a table for two on the beach edge. This was a nice secluded spot; very private with the sound of the waves crashing on the beach next to us. I was impressed at the menu offering it definitely was improved from our last visit and I was eager to try the food. My wife and I both found some appetizers and entrees to suit our tastes and placed the order with our server. In the meantime; water and drinks were brought to the table along with a basket of fresh bread.

My appetizer was the goat cheese profiteroles which were amazing. It's funny that I loved them so much as my wife had to convince me to order them; she knew they would be right for me. The flavor of the cheese was excellent; warm and gooey inside their pastry shells. My wife's appetizer proved to be dissapointing. She ordered the onion soup which was flavorless.

Our main courses were both pleasing. My lamb was fall off the fork tender with a delicious sauce. My wife oved her peppered steak that was oozing with butter. This was indeed very good. After such a meal; neither one of us was terribly hungry for dessert so we decided to call it quits and head off in search of some after dinner drinks.

Enjoying a beachside dinner (10/2013) Goat Cheese profiteroles Onion Soup Tasty Lamb Stak and fries

Antigua and Barbuda Hotels

1 Hotel
Antigua Island Hotels
16 Reviews - 53 Photos

Instant Answers: Antigua and Barbuda

Comments

Antigua and Barbuda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Antigua and Barbuda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antigua and Barbuda sightseeing.
Map of Antigua and Barbuda