Worthing Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Worthing

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Graeme Hall Cafe: Come For The Coffee, Stay For The Nature

by briantravelman Updated Feb 27, 2015

This small café is located on the grounds of the picturesque, Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary. From what I saw, they sell mostly sweets, like cakes and cookies. We didn't actually eat anything from here, as we weren't hungry, and I'm not a huge fan of sweets. We just bought a coke and coffee, so we could get inside the nature sanctuary. But I still thought I'd write about it, as this is a lovely place to come and relax.
    You can eat or drink underneath the gazebos outside, and enjoy the beautiful and peaceful grounds. Maybe even have some local wildlife join you for lunch. We had a mongoose, and some birds join us. Although there are tables inside the café, most people choose to have their stuff outside, and enjoy the peaceful and quiet nature. You can just order something, head outside, and the staff will bring your stuff to you, when it's ready. We maybe had to wait only about 10 minuets for our coffee. The sodas can be purchased on the spot. The girl at the counter was really friendly, and kind of cute.
    I don't remember how much we paid, but I think it was like 8 BBD/4 USD, for the coffee. Profits from the café, go towards the maintenance of the sanctuary. A great example of true eco tourism.
    I normally don't eat at places like this, as "relaxing", isn't normally part of my travel plans, but we really wanted to see the sanctuary, and were a bit tired anyways, and this was a great place to do it.
    If you're staying in St. Lawrence Gap, you can easily walk here on foot.

The café and grounds are open:

Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
    Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
    Sunday from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM

Sometimes the café and grounds might be closed for private events, but we were fortunate enough to get there when they were open.

It's worth ordering something at the café, just to see the nature sanctuary, as it is spectacular.
    I will actually write a separate tip on the nature sanctuary.

Address: Worthing Main Rd., Christ Church, Barbados

Directions: Just keep walking on Worthing Main Rd., past the school and police station, and you will see it. There is a huge sign, so you can't miss it.

Phone: (246) 435-9727

Website: http://www.graemehall.com/

The Cafe Enjoying Some Coffee Beautiful Grounds View From Gazebo Beautiful
    • Eco-Tourism

• Hewer's Profile Photo

Roti Hut: Roti!

by Hewer Written Jun 4, 2005

This became my staple while I was in Barbados and it became difficult to walk past without nipping in for a quick roti. It is set back from the road and you'd almost miss it; it doesn't look very upmarket but the roti they do is excellent. Try it if you are in Worthing!

Open from 11am till 10pm; stays open one hour longer on Friday and Saturday.

Favorite Dish: They have chicken and beef roti with potato in either if you wish. I'm not ashamed to admit that I tried each one more than once ;-)

Address: Highway 7, Worthing

Directions: Heading out out of town, it's on the right.

Phone: 435 7352

Worthing, Barbados

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

The Lucky Horseshoe: Beer, snacks and live football.

by SWFC_Fan Updated Dec 11, 2004

The Lucky Horseshoe Saloon and Steakhouse is open 24 hours a day.

It serves a variety of food, from full English breakfasts to hot dogs, burgers, ribs, pizzas and, of course, steaks.

It serves Banks beer on draught, as well as bottles of imported lager.

The bar area, which is separate from the dining area, has an impressive selection of large screen TVs (usually showing live sport), smaller TVs (showing various music, news and entertainment shows) and slot machines.

They have an offer whereby kids (under 10 years old) eat free.

Address: Highway 7, Worthing, Christ Church

Phone: (246) 435-5825

Website: http://www.luckyh.com

The Lucky Horseshoe, Worthing

Instant Answers: Worthing

Worthing Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Worthing restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Worthing sightseeing.