Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Zipline Adventure in Dangriga
"Your tour beginnings on site at the adventure's desk.Glide like a bird through the pristine Rain Forest Canopy on the longest zip line in Belize with 12 platforms 8 different runs and a rappel. The complete course is 2.5 miles long with the longest single run being 2300 feet. Our zipline has triple safety and the tour takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete.""""Get ready for the adventure on the longest zipline in Belize with 12 platforms 8runs and a rappel!"
From $78.00

Waterfall Rappelling at Antelope Falls in Dangriga
"Climb to the top of the 1000 foot falls through lush rain-forest learning about the flora and fauna on the way. Keep you eyes peeled for a sighting of all kinds of wildlife that calls the jungle home: swinging monkeys colourful singing birds and big wild cats. End the challenging hike with a refreshing swim in the emerald pools and take in the breathtaking view of the Tropical Rain Forest and Caribbean Sea. Take the exhilarating 250feet rappel in two rappe licensed guides. This really is a tour to remember. Children must be at least 65 pounds minimum there is no weight maximum but our harnesses have a maximum limit of 42 inches at the waist.""""Climb to the top of Antelope Falls with your trusty harness
From $151.00

Waterfall Rappelling at Bocawina Rainforest
"Hike along the undulating jungle trail with your eyes peeled for a sighting of all kinds of wildlife that call the jungle home: swinging monkeys colourful singing birds and big wild cats. Let our qualified guides educate you about the secrets of the rain forest. When you reach the top strap on your harness clip into the rope system and start you rappel 100ft down the face of Bocawina Falls to the pool below. Relax and swim in the waterfall pool before heading back down the trail. Children must be at least 65 pounds minimum there is no weight maximum but our harnesses have a maximum limit of 42 inches at the waist.""""Take our guided hike to the top of Bocawina Falls
From $78.00

De Thatch Tips (5)

De Thatch: Great Breakfast

Would of liked to try another meal, but the breakfast was great. I loved my breakfast burrito, one of the best while I was in Belize.

Favorite Dish The Stuffed Jack is the way to go...it's a Belizean special. Almost liked a fried breakfast burrito.

BergsFinest's Profile Photo
BergsFinest
Jun 10, 2006

De Thatch: Good food and atmosphere

This open air restaurant was enjoyed by our small group. The food and service were very good, the portions generous, and the prices very reasonable. The coconut curry shrimp "special" was very popular. I also enjoyed the creole shrimp. Of the places we dined at in Placencia, this was the best overall value. Thumbs up!

kuklub
Mar 31, 2006

De Thatch: Don't miss special of the day

The DeTatch is located right on the beach and is connected to the Seaspray - I ate here a lot! The music is always interesting, lately it's been blues and the service good.

Favorite Dish The daily special is always wonderful. There are two choices - one always being seafood. The portions are huge so sharing with another is possible. I love the curry shrimp with coconut rice - still dream of it today!

YolandaC's Profile Photo
YolandaC
Oct 12, 2005

De Tatch: Eating by moonlight...

De Tatch is the only place I ate in Placencia, other than Tutti Frutti gelateria (which was very good, by the way). It was right by our hotel - Sea Spray - and every meal I had there was good and reasonably priced. I won't promise that you'll get your food quickly, though. I tried a few of the shrimp dishes - lime butter and coconut jerk, mmm... - and our tour group ordered a lot of drinks called Panty Rippers. Not sure what was in them other than rum, but they were yummy. One night we were there the electricity went out for around a half hour, which apparently happens there now and again. They made sure each table had a candle, though, and we still got a few drinks while we waited for the lights to come back on.

Kacia's Profile Photo
Kacia
Jan 15, 2005

Sponsored Listings

De Thatch: If You Need Breakfast Early...

De Thatch is the place to go if you need breakfast and you've got an early-morning activity planned. We needed to meet our group for diving at 7:30, and we were able to get in and out of De Thatch in 20 minutes with a warm meal, coffee & juice in our bellies. De Thatch has an open-air, sheltered patio and also indoor seating. The breezier patio seating is much more desirable.

Favorite Dish The breakfast burrito was very good and was more than enough for breakfast. We also ate dinner there once and although I don't recall what I ordered, I know it was pretty good. I do remember that we ordered mudslides for desert, which were excellent! My pet peeve is a mudslide without enough chocolate syrup and I was not disappointed here! This was a chocolate-lover's mudslide!

diver-x's Profile Photo

paradisedreamer

"Placencia"
Paul2001's Profile Photo

Paul2001

"Paul2001 5 nights in Placencia"
realde14's Profile Photo

realde14

"Placencia - a place to relax"

Getting to Placencia Village

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map