Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

Full-Day San Jose City Sightseeing Tour
"Start the day with a pickup at approximately 8:30am from your San Jose Alajuela or Heredia hotel. From the comfort of the minivan you will enjoy the scenic views of  San José. During the drive your English-speaking guide will tell you about the places you will see in the way starting with the Costarican Art Museum in La Sabana. After head to the heart of downtown with visits to the National Theater
From $80.00

San Jose Super Saver: City Sightseeing plus Traditional Music and Dance Show with Dinner"This Super Saver pairs two popular guided tours at a discounted price. The San Jose city tour provides the perfect introduction to Costa Rica's capital city and the Traditional Music and Dance Show gives you the chance to eat delicious hearty fare while watching folkloric traditions passed down through generations. See Itinerary below for details.Choose to take both tours one after the other or spread them out over the course of two days. In making your selection please note that the city tour operates daily and the Traditional Music and Dance Show is available on Wednesday and Thursday nights."
From $103.00

San Jose City Sightseeing Tour
"Immerse yourself in Costa Rica's rich culture and history as you follow your local guide to San Jose’s best sites on this sightseeing tour. Visit the magnificent Opera House -- the pride and joy of Costa Rica. Learn how this century-old cultural symbo this museum will give you a unique insight into the cultural heritage of Costa Rica. Weave your way through the museum with your guide and admire the stunning gold jade stone and pottery collection. Next visit the historic National Theater completed in 1897 and recognized as a masterpiece of architecture.Please note: Museums are closed on Mondays and the National Theatre is closed on Sundays."""
From $53.00

Machu Picchu Restaurant Tips (5)

Machu Picchu: The Real Deal Great Surprise

On my fourth trip to Costa Rica my girlfriend and I discovered this gem, I have always been disappointed in my restaurant
experiences in Costa Rica and this restaurant changed my point of view. I have spent allot of time in Peru love Peruvian cuisine and when this restaurant was recommended to us I have to admit I was somewhat pessimistic. I was wrong, we both really enjoyed it and we ended up eating there 6 times in
8 days and it would have been more except we took a weekend road trip to
Guanacaste. Highly recommended!!!

Favorite Dish Cebiche de Corbina, classic Peruvian Cebiche of very fresh Corbina.
Aguadito de pollo, great typical peruvian soup of chicken in a Culantro based sauce, perfect.
Tiradito, thin sliced corbina in a lime sauce similar to cebiche but with kind of a aji amarillo kick. Good.
My girlfriend loved the chicha morada drink.

haskarte
Oct 09, 2011

Machu Picchu Restaurant: Great Seafood. Try the Sour Pisco

I ate of both of the Machu Picchu restaurant.
Great seafood. Try the Sour Pisco drink.
There was another place up the block from soda peru near the corner with large glass window facing street. I forgot the name but almost had same thing as MP but cheaper and much smaller.

Favorite Dish I had the Seabass, and stuff seabass, and trout, and others I forgot.

sfphototraveller's Profile Photo
sfphototraveller
Sep 16, 2005

Machu Picchu Restaurant: Machu Picchu Restaurant

As a Peruvian, it was a great surpise to find such a nice Peruvian restaurant in San José! Located in downtown, this place, decorated with typical Peruvian pictures and rugs, offers you a variety of dishes from my country, although made with Costa Rican ingredients and season.

Favorite Dish I would recommed you:
- as an aperitive, the pisco sour (our national drink made of pisco and lemon, but try just half cup, please, because it reaches to your head really fast),
- as for the dishes, you can choose among cebiche (fish marinated with lemon juice), pescado a la chorrillana (fish with a special onion salad), arroz chaufa (special Chinese-Peruvian dish with rice and chicken cooked alltogether with soya sauce), and chicken flamboyed with red wine, among others.

besbel's Profile Photo
besbel
Jul 21, 2003

Machu Picchu: Over-hyped

The food was good, but I think it is over-hyped. Maybe it was the dishes we ordered. The steak in wine sauce and the stir fried pasta was very mediocre. The appetizer,(ceviche on the rocks and the fish soup) were very good.

Favorite Dish Fish soup