Casa Consistorial - actualy the Museo Provincial de Historia and located in the Parque Garcia is a large Neo Classic building built in 1860 as a Casino.
During the war/revolution with the spanish gouvernment it was occupied by Cuban Patriots and the spanish soldiers were kept in this in "prison" for about two months.
The building got it's Nickname because the "prisoners" - looking through the windows in their typical brightly uniforms made the locals thinking about a Parrot Cage
Address: Calle Frexes 198
Directions: Parque Calixto Garcia - Holguin