Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

"Antigua Market
"Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum from Guatemala City""Pick up from your hotel in Guatemala City will be at 8:30am. Your guide will take you to the Antigua street market to take a 2-hour tour where you can see and smell the ingredients used for Guatemalan cooking. After your market tour you will return to th your expert chef will start by teaching you about the Spanish and Mayan cultural influences on Guatemalan flavors. Learn about the staple ingredients and foods used by natives including corn peppers and beans. For your own meal you’ll get to prepare one main dish
From $169.00

Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum in Antigua
"Pick up from your hotel in Guatemala City will be at 8:30am. Your guide will take you to the Antigua street market to take a 2-hour tour where you can see and smell the ingredients used for Guatemalan cooking. After your market tour you will return to th your expert chef will start by teaching you about the Spanish and Mayan cultural influences on Guatemalan flavors. Learn about the staple ingredients and foods used by natives including corn peppers and beans. For your own meal you’ll get to prepare one main dish such as hilachas or tamales two side dishes and one dessert
From $150.00

Quetzaltenango Street Food Tour
"You will start this tour walking   the 14th Avenue one block away from  the most important avenue in Xela to taste the Tostadas de Guacamole de Don Richard delicious fried corn tortillas with avocado. After this amazing experience you will walk walk to the 4th street to visit Doña Josefina Indigenous local K’iche woman here you will drink atolito de Elote and eat famous chuchitos with tomato sauce.You  will take a cooking class from Doña Letty and  learn how to prepare the Rellenitos famous in Guatemala for the combination of plantains (bananas) and sweet beans.For Lunch or dinner you cannot miss the Quichom (lunch) with rice and made hand tortillas
From $32.00

Casa Santo Domingo Tips (6)

Casa Santo Domingo: High End Dining in a Restored Convent

The Casa Santo Domingo Hotel is set amidst the ruins of the former church and convent. The grounds are fun to explore with fine gardens set amongst crumbled walls and restored walkways. The hotel is considered one of the best in Antigua. And it has a restaurant to match this reputation. While we did not stay here we did experience the restaurant for dinner one night. Their food can be best described as a contemporary traditional Guatemalan if that makes sense. I went with the tasting menu of 5 courses, none of which I can actually remember. I had taken a copy of the menu but now cannot find it. Suffice it to say that it was a very good meal and well worth the price. Overall a very nice dining experience.

Favorite Dish Tasting menu...I wish I could remember the dishes

Hopkid's Profile Photo
Hopkid
Nov 28, 2007

Casa Santo Domingo: Beautiful setting for excellent food

The restaurant at the Casa Santo Domingo offers delicious food in a series of rooms open to the gardens. On cool nights they bring out small heaters. The restaurant has an extensive breakfast buffet in addition to a typical menu. The dinners are delightfully romantic as the room is lit entirely by candles. Service is outstanding.

Sue08080's Profile Photo
Sue08080
Apr 09, 2006

Casa Santo Domingo: Monastic Elegance...If Such a Thing!

This is as elegant as you will find here or anywhere! This restaurant/hotel is set in the ruins of the Iglesia y Convento Santo Domingo built in the 1500s. We treated ourselves to dinner here our last night in Antigua. The rain was coming down in sheets outside and it had become a little chilly. No sooner had we put on our sweaters, our waiter came over to us with a "burner" and placed it nearby so we would not be cold. Santo Domingo is also a bit dark and mostly lit by candles, which adds to the "monastic ambiance." When we raised our menus to read all of a sudden a light was gently turned on above our table and then dimmed again after we were done. I dine out a lot in NYC and let me tell you, I was impressed. By the way, the food was also quite good.

Favorite Dish I was not too hungry and had tortilla soup and the garden salad. The chicken, tortilla strips and guacamole were served to me in the middle of a bowl but with no broth. How strange, I thought, until our waiter came, and as if it were tea, poured the broth from a decorative "tea pot" into my bowl. How elegant. Dolores ate "chapin" style which consisted of the Guatemalan traditional chicken, rice, salad, tortillas and black bean puree. Although the desserts looked good, we settled just for tea since we were both quite full.

AlwaysATraveler's Profile Photo
AlwaysATraveler
Jul 29, 2005

Casa Santo Domingo Hotel and Museum: All the food is great

The restaurant is excellent. Located in a converted Monestary, the hotel is a very economical 5 star hotel. The hotel exhibits all the religous art from the convent, museum ruins being excavated in the back.
The staff is incredile with great pool, avocado trees, and scarlet Macaws. You must try this restaurant.

Favorite Dish Wonderful breakfast buffet, love the brown egg omelets, the pork loin was excellent.

Doug1054's Profile Photo