map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Rainforest Tour from San Juan
"After hotel pickup your guide will drive you through the local countryside to share how the locals find miles and miles of secluded prestige beaches. Upon arrival to the National Rainforest you'll be taken to El Portal Visitor Center where you can use the bathroom and gift shop and enjoy a film about the rainforest. Next stop is La Coca Fall at Yocahu Tower where you can enjoy one of the most spectacular views of the east side of Puerto Rico. After Yocahu Tower is waterfall time; we will visit Juan Diego Fall which offers two unique waterfalls. Last but not least Palo Colorao Forest; at this side of the forest you will see the first pool made in the forest. You will then enjoy the hike to La Mina Fall."
From $70.00

San Juan Beach SNUBA Experience
"Your SNUBA experience begins when you arrive at the Caribe Hilton hotel in San Juan. From the main lobby of the hotel you will gain access to the private beach of the hotel. Upon exiting the main lobby make a left and locate our SNUBA booth right on the sand of the beach. We are the only SNUBA operator in the hotel so we are really easy to find. Once you have arrived you will meet your guides and begin filling out participant record forms. Once completed we will store your personal belongings within the booth and commence the safety and SNUBA orientation. This usually takes 15 to 20 minutes depending on how many questions or guests we may have. Guides will do the best job they can to explain every single including safety measures and hand signals. After equipment setup and preparation you are now ready to enter the water. The SNUBA tour is done within a shallow cove perfect for beginners since it allows participants to slowly move from the shallow end to the deeper end of the cove. It is a gradual descent and participants can choose how deep they prefer to go. SNUBA is conducted at  the personal pace of each gu
From $88.00

Underwater Sea Trek of San Juan
"Your sea trek experience begins when you arrive at the Caribe Hilton hotel in San Juan. From the main lobby of the hotel you will gain access to the private beach of the hotel. Upon exiting the main lobby make a left and locate our sea trek booth right on the sand of the beach. We are the only operator in the hotel so we are really easy to find.  Once you have arrived you will meet your guides and begin filling out participant record forms. Once completed we will store your personal belongings within the booth and commence the safety check and orientation. This usually takes 15 to 20 minutes depending on how many questions guests may have. Guides will do the best job they can to explain every single detai including safety measures and hand signals. After equipment setup and preparation you are now ready to enter the water.  The sea trek tour is done within a shallow cove perfect for beginners since it allows participants to slowly move from the shallow end to the deeper end of the cove. Sea trek is conducted at the personal pace of each guest. The underwater portion lasts 30 minutes
From $88.00

Metropol Tips (7)

Metropol: The Worst Restaurant

Metropol is the worst restaurant in Isla Verde. My husband, my son and me went there and they served us a fish full of worms. We notify them and they said nothing at all and after all this we have to pay 74.00 for the food.
Not Recommended.

Favorite Dish NONE

Wisdom2012
Oct 05, 2009

Metropol: Fusion of Puerto Rican and Cuban Food

We were being brought by our taxi to our hotel and we passed by this sign saying metropol and the cab driver commented that it was a good restaurant and of reasonable price...okay, I said, we'll probably have lunch first since the room might not be ready yet at the Marriott.

I believe Metropol is actually a chain of stores, popular with the locals.

So, once we registered and of course room won't be available until 430 PM, we walked towards the resturant which was just across the Ritz which was beside the Marriott. It looks small from outside but bigger inside and what I noticed was that the people eating there were mostly Puerto Ricans, well-dressed and seemingly enjoying the food. It was lunchtime and I ordered the recommended Fiesta Havana ($16) which was rice with beans and lots of yummy meat around it. Very Cuban flavour...and my wife loved the fried chicken ($11) that she had. The kids loved it too - altthough I noticed that the plain hotdog was $6.50.

The waiter was attentive but did not change or ask my drink to be changed - maybe there are no refills or they just wait for you to ask them. But overall, a yummy restaurant, specially if you want that Cuban spice.

Favorite Dish Fried Chicken; Fiesta Havana

jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
jumpingnorman
Jun 15, 2009

El Metropol: discover the local food, great price

We've been to the one near the hotels at Isla Verde. They've got two other locations on the island.
A lot of people go there, locals and tourists. Very nice atmosphere, small, but not too small place (they had some tables for up to 15 people), the tables are close one to each other, so it's not what we can call a quiet place, it's more a living place :-)
Employees are very elegant in their suits with their bow tie.
They've got a parking if you come by driving.

It's local family food, generously served (I haven't been able to finish my dish, neither my wife).
Excellent local food, a great experience !

Favorite Dish I've taken the "Cubana Fiesta", assortment of 5 entrees from Cuba.
My wife wanted to pick the Zarsuela, with a lot of seafood, but changed her mind finally for a Gallena something (don't remember the name sorry), a stuffed "little chicken".
Both were delicious !

sling3
Feb 25, 2009

Metropol Restaurante & Bar: Caribbean Fare with a Cuban Flair

Restaurant Metropol has three locations in greater San Juan. We visited the one on Ave. Isla Verde, near the airport, at the recommendation of our taxi driver. Karen and I were with my sister, Cathy, and her husband, Eddy, and asked the driver to take us to a nice place where we could experience authentic Caribbean food. We found the the restaurant was upscale, a little more expensive than I would have liked, but obviously a favorite eating spot for local businessmen. The place was fairly packed when we were there for lunch. Upon entereing, Cathy remembered that she had been here once before, as the guest of a local insurance executive when she was in San Juan some time earlier on a business trip. The service was attentive, portions were huge, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Favorite Dish I had the half fried chicken with black beans, rice and fried plantains. It was delicious, and much more than I could possibly eat, even with my big appeitite - see photo.

Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo