Map &

From $149.00
The Grand Miami Helicopter Tour
From $195.00

Dive, Snorkel Tips (23)

Snorkeling and beach party.Went out with Capt.A.J on Exotic Adventures.WOW what an AWESOME time.He took us to some of the most beautiful reefs.He took underwater pictures of me and my family so we would have something to remember our trip.My kids are using the pictures as screen savers.He keep us away from the regular places most of the boats go.We got fresh speared lobster for lunch.He even taught my 14 year old to spear lobster.lunch was amazing.We went to a deserted place on the beach,where their was a make shift tables and chairs made out of driftwood.What an amazing day my family had.We will be back for the island hoping next year.

Workingforvacation's Profile Photo
Jan 03, 2011

Mermaid Cove

One of the best places to snorkle off of Abaco is the easily accessable Mermaid Cove.

The wave action can be impressive at times so it is not recommended for weak swimmers.

But once you move a little away from the shoreline, you will soon discover a nice bit of reef with a great collection of marine wildlife.

Please avoid stepping on the coral as that will kill it.

Remember, only boobs feed the fish!

LostViking's Profile Photo
Jan 29, 2009

Snorkle for free near Nassau

There's very little good information about snorkeling around Nassau/New Providence, so I thought I'd write a page about it. Actually, the few references to snorkeling one finds about Nassau frequently mention Love Beach, but they don't really give you any details. Well, here are some details.

For starters, although some references to Love Beach mention that the best spots are about a mile offshore, I don't have a boat and I haven't felt like swimming quite that far, so my notes are all for pretty near-shore excursions. Which hopefully is a plus because you can literally walk into the water and be seeing the fishies in about 10 seconds. And so, it's also totally free (assuming you can find a way to access the beach, which is the biggest challenge!).

Follow this link for maps, directions on how to get there, best places to snorkel around in, and what sorts of fish you might see.

Jul 12, 2008

Paradise Cove

If you have time make the drive to Paradise cove. It was beautiful. The snorkeling was very clear and we saw lots of fish and barracudda. The food was cheap and they have gear and stuff to rent also. You don't want to miss this snorkel experience!

deedlebug's Profile Photo

Charlotte Street , P.O. Box N-4084
PO Box N7550, Paradise Island, Caribbean
West Bay St, Nassau, New Providence Island, Caribbean

Rose Island

We went on an "all day excursion" which was really only about 4 hours. . .
we booked through majestic tours. it was called the Sea Island Tour. They pick you up at your hotel and take you to the docks to catch a catamaran and take you to rose Island. There is a little "camp" there. you can snorkle (i reccommend bringing your own gear) get a paddleboat, kayak, play volleyball, lay out or catcha hammock. it was sooo much fun. it was kinda pricey-$70 a person, but I had a lot of fun. you can get the jet ski guys on the beach to take you somewhere to go snorkling for much less, but I reccommend doing this one.

pixipuss's Profile Photo
Jun 13, 2006

Sea Garden

DEFINATELY visit the sea garden. . The best way to do this is to bring your own snorkling gear.
We got some ricecripies at breakfast and put it in a little baggie. . .
We got our gear and went to talk to the jet ski rental guys-They SWARM the beach. you can't walk the beach ANYWHERE on paradise island without SOMEONE asking you if you want to rent a jetski-it's pretty steep too-$60 for a half hour-just remember EVERYTHING down there is negotiable.
Anyway, we got one of the jetski guys-his name was Patrick from Patricks Motorsports-awesome guy-he took us to a snorkling site and waited for us to finish snorkling and then took us to the sea garden-it's beautiful-I'll put some pictures on here-anyway, you open your little baggie underwater and the fish just pack against you to get at the cereal. you can feel them pressing against you-they aren't scared at all!! it was awesome...He took us there and back for $40. it was a GREAT DEAL!

pixipuss's Profile Photo
Jun 13, 2006

Coco Cay snorkling

Unbelieveble! 50 meters from the beach you can find all kind of exotic fish there. Tiny yellow with bright blue stripes, bigger yellow with polka dots, small gray with stripes, sea weed, corals, sea urchin! The water was cold in April, we could not stay in the ocean more that 45 min.

musbars's Profile Photo
Apr 22, 2006

I've been to the Bahamas many times but this last time I decided to sign up for a snorkel trip. I booked through Stuart Coves dive shop who came and picked us up in Nassau (we had taken a cruise ship over) and drove us to the marina. The snorkeling was excellent and the boats and equipment were very well maintained. They took us to 3 dive sites. Two of the sites were just phenomenal for snorkeling. Clear blue water, colorful fish and diverse reefs. The last dive was thrilling as they lowered a bucket of chum into the water and the sharks appeared from all over. We all got into the water careful not to splash around too much but the sharks could have cared less about us as they were much more interested in the chum. I have to say that was one of the best times I've ever had in the Bahamas.

aligobs's Profile Photo
Jan 13, 2006

Top 5 The Bahamas Writers

traveldave's Profile Photo

grandmaR's Profile Photo

"Island Time"
diver-x's Profile Photo

"Freeport & Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island"
Chrissy1967's Profile Photo

"Cruise Trip to the Bahama Island"
deedlebug's Profile Photo

"Grand Bahama Island"

SUB Bahamas

You have to try this it was amazing! Your deep in water as if you were diving but on an underwater motorcycle with a bubble dome over your head, you don't even have to get your hair wet! It was such a cool experience!
Plus you get to go snorkeling

jburgos1's Profile Photo
Nov 26, 2004

A Paradise Cay on earth on Blue Lagoon Island...

Beautiful, crystal clear waters, white sandy beach, relaxing on a hammock, it truly is paradise. We went off and explored the island, I definetly recommend going there! Just a 20 minute ride from Paradise Island.

jburgos1's Profile Photo
Nov 26, 2004

Swim with the fishes

This was my first time snorkeling. Omigosh, it was awesome. Sign up with a boat..they'll have experts to help you (even if you can't swim!). Coral reefs were out of this world. Exotic'll have an awesome time!

Nov 11, 2004

There are many snorkling charters. All are decently priced and you will see many fish and coral. The snorkling is great for even beginners. We chose one of the places that take you to two snorkling spots and then take you to swim with the sharks. I wish I could remember the name but they have pamphlets in all the hotels. Swimming with the sharks was a must see. It is so amazing; they are right under your feet as you hold on to a tie line attached to the boat. I don't have digital prints of this but take my word for it if you are going snorkling - choose the one that takes you to swim with the sharks.

cmcarney's Profile Photo
Jul 26, 2004

Things To Do Near The Bahamas

Grand Bahama

Guava Duff is the traditional dessert. It is very sweet and it takes a long time to prepare. Not all the restaurants have it, but if you happen to see one that offers it, stop by and try it. I did not...
Things to Do

This is a lovely building with the statue at the gate of Columbus. I walked down tehre and stopped for several minutes observing the house and the statue. Then I was told that it was the Government...

Blue Lagoon

This place really faccinated me as I was able to climb a pirate watch tower set up at 1 side of the Island, Th Island itself looks like a croissant shape meaning that outside you are in contact to the...

Out Islands

I would definitely recommend water shoes due to the rocks in the water. The water slide there is huge and even as an adult I was scared of it. My four year old went down it, but it goes so fast that I...

Water & Beach

For Fernanda and the kids this was the first tropical experience, with strong marks. The clear blue waters, the white sands, the bending coconuts, all was there to make this brief experience...

Paradise Is.

Twice in my life I saw a clear frontier between the people and the investment made in tropical paradises for dollar hunting - in Cancun, and Bahamas. In Cancun I saw watching towers at the ends of the...

Getting to The Bahamas

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!