map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private Tour: Innsbruck and Swarovski Crystal Worlds from Salzburg
"You’ll be picked up from your Salzburg hotel in the morning. Settle into your private minivan or Mercedes E-Class and relax on the scenic 2-hour drive southwest through the Bavarian Alps and the Inn Valley to the Austrian state of Tyrol whose capital Innsbruck awaits you.""""This private tour from Salzburg takes you on a scenic journey through the Bavarian Alps and Inn Valley to the Austrian state of Tryol. In the capital city of Innsbruck set against the stunning Nordkette mountains
From EUR103.00

4-hours Innsbruck City Walking Tour with Private Guide including Swarovski Crystal World
"Create your own itinerary based on your person interests and preferences and visit places that only locals know about in the center of Innsbruck. We will organize your tour the transport and the logistics in advance so that you can make the most of your time.Meet your tour guide at your pre-arranged time and place probably your hotel. Together with the tour guide you will start your walking tour in the very center of Innsbruck where you will take a photo-stop at the “Golden roof” building – the emblem of the old town which was Completed in 1500 the roof was decorated with 2738 fire-gilded copper tiles. Close by you will find the biggest and first Swarovski crystal shop because the Swarovski family originates from Innsbruck. You will have time to look around and get a tour about the history of this famous company. Continuing we’ll have a coffee break at the legendary Sacher coffee house
From CHF196.00

Cable Car Round-Trip from Innsbruck to Hungerburg
"Once you meet at a designated meeting point in Innsbruck you can get ready for this round-trip to Innsbruck's Nordkette which is a part of Austria's largest natural park. Once you get to the 300-meter high mountain station of the cable car Hungerburg (designed by the renowned Zaha Hadid) you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the city. After reaching the Hungerburg station a short walk across Hermann Buhl Square named after the world-famous Austrian mountaineer you will be led to the cable car station. Europe’s highest-lying Zoo (750 m) is located on the foot of the Nordkette right above the capital city of Tyrol with an unique view over the surrounding mountains."
From EUR9.00

Personal Memories and Impressions Tips (14)

Hofgarten.

Favorite thing This park was originally founded as a hunting ground. Later it was declared a public garden. There are various plants and a small lake here. At one of the entrances of the park there is a cafe-restaurant.

The Hofgarten is open from 9 a. m. to sunset. It is located very near the Imperial Palace.

Maurizioago's Profile Photo
Maurizioago
Feb 26, 2007

The Brilliant world of Medicine

Fondest memory I had this amazing oppurtunity to visit one of Austria's oldest Medical Universities with the help of my friend Sonja who is a med student herself!
It was like being at home with the doctors and books,the specimens and cadavers..ok,thats gross for most of the people...but hey..thats how we learn medicine and treat you guys!

Sal21's Profile Photo
Sal21
Feb 28, 2006

Walking the streets

Favorite thing Although we did not get to spend much time in Innsbruck and it was raining, we did get to see some beautiful buildings and do some shopping in the local market.

Everyone we met was just so nice and helpful with directions to the local sites and shopping..

Fondest memory Be sure to go to the old center of town and see the market, the congress and the historic buildings found here.

The walking street is a nice area to just poke around in the shops there and (if ya know me) a nice place to sit and have coffee and watch the world go by.

TinKan's Profile Photo
TinKan
Jan 27, 2003

Bergisel Skijumping hill

Favorite thing The view form the cafe & restaurant on top of the skijump on Bergisel is fantastic. I also loved exploring this place. You can have a look in the stadium, than go up with the lifts to the jump itself...The first lift runs along the jump and you get some good impressions how steep the hill is! On top of the jump there is a wonderful cafe with panoramic windows... Look straight down while having one of those fantastic cakes.

Fondest memory I especially miss our friends from Croatia, which we met here. Nykaenen and Seni, you have been wonderful lads to hanga round with. I also miss the nice people, the great bars and restaurants and the mountains... I´m sure that I will be back someday....

Bigs's Profile Photo

Gilmstrasse 5, Innsbruck, Tirol, 6020, Austria
Dorfstrasse 35, St. Anton am Arlberg, 6580, Austria
Kaiserjaegerstrasse 2, Innsbruck, Tirol, 6020, Austria
Universitatsstrasse 5-7, Innsbruck, Tirol, A-6020, Austria

Being yourself in the nature

Favorite thing First of all, hiking in the mountains in summer. During summer the local tourist office organize hikes for free with bus and guides. No matter you go there alone or with your loved one, you will have great fun in the mountains

Fondest memory How did I passed my day? starting with a big breakfast; picking lunch (2 panini and a bottle of water) from an Italian lady's shop close to the university; hiking during the day; sauna and refresh in cold air on the balcone of the hotel health center; big dinner in my hotel restaurant, where I could have anything I saw on or out of the manu, the nice waiters used to prepare a dish of fruit for me to take to my hotel room, and some of the fruit would be next day's lunch :) some tv before falling asleep - usually it's not difficult :)

Lan's Profile Photo
Lan
Nov 25, 2002

Magical scenery!

Favorite thing The mountains were still covered in snow as were many of the roads. It also snowed quite a bit while we were there. But it was really beautiful

Innsbruck is the capital of the Tyrol in western Austria, with a population of about 120,000. It is located in the eastern alps and is primarily a winter sports resort which also hosted the Winter Olympics in 1964 and 1976.

The bridge over the River Inn, which gives the city its name made Innsbruck an important point on the trade routes to Germany from Italy and Switzerland.

I remember this bridge so vividly, it was very snowy and icy and crossing it we had to take great care not to land on our bottoms!

Our hotel was situated on the quieter side of the bridge, but we had to cross here in the evenings to get a little light refreshment :) at one or many of the bars! A group of us would go out in the evenings to sample the local brew (more of an exercise than enjoyment) and returning to our hotel we all had to hang onto each other to cross this bridge, each trying to hold up the other! :))

Fondest memory As this holiday was many years ago when my mum was alive, my fondest memory is of course being with her, she was such a 'nutcase' (and I mean that in the nicest sense). She drew people to her, young and old alike and it was such a happy holiday.

bugalugs's Profile Photo
bugalugs
Nov 05, 2002

Travelling in Innsbruck

Favorite thing The ease of travelling in and out of the city - train and bus journeys are well co-ordinated and can be paid for with one inclusive ticket.

Fondest memory Visiting Schloss Ambrass just outside of the city - you can spend hours and hours just looking around at the artefacts and artwork. Also visiting Munding's the best place for ice cream!!!!

barrowlass's Profile Photo
barrowlass
Sep 14, 2002

Well, visit Innsbruck!

It's...

Favorite thing

Well, visit Innsbruck!

It's got all that quaintness in the historic centre, huge mountains as a shield, and a university which surely helps keeping up its spirits. I can easily imagine I could live there for a while.

Fondest memory The Midsummer night last Saturday (23 June) when a chain of bonfires was lit on mountain tops all around the city. They didn't make a perfect ring as planned, but it still looked impressive. The whole city was out in the Old Town drinking, singing and celebrating. I really liked the atmosphere.

oja's Profile Photo

balhannah

"I LOVED INNSBRUCK!"
globetrott's Profile Photo

globetrott

"Innsbruck is a lot more than just a golden roof"
Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Cristian_Uluru

"The Beautiful town of Innsbruck"
desert_princess's Profile Photo

desert_princess

"Innsbruck - the capital city of Tirol"

sabsi

"Innsbruck +++ Lovely town and great skijumping :)"
View Member

Have lunch or dinner on the...

Favorite thing Have lunch or dinner on the patio of a great Italian restaurant(do not remember the name). It is right on the river,by the bridge, and the view across the Inn is fabulous.Walk Maria-Theresa Strasse to the square and you can not miss the Goldenes Dach (golden roof) built by Emporer Maxmilian in 1494.

Fondest memory Strolling the streets on a Sunday afternoon, having lunch and looking across the river at the beautiful old hotels and other buildings with the Alps as a backdrop! Wonderful!!

phildeni's Profile Photo
phildeni
Aug 24, 2002

Go to the alpine zoo - it is a...

Favorite thing Go to the alpine zoo - it is a bit of a trek (i didn't realise they meant it was on a mountain!) but it is lovely to watch bears froliking whilst in the background is the most stunning veiws you could ever want

Fondest memory The views of the mountains and the river from the bridge are amazing - i could have spent hours just drinking it in.

PurpleKaty
Aug 24, 2002

I went to Innsbruck with my...

Favorite thing I went to Innsbruck with my oldest son, Jaime and a group from Puerto Rico, Peru, Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela on a tour from Panavision of Spain.

When you enter Innsbruck you inmediately see the Winter Olympic facilities and it caused a great impact on myself.

Fondest memory Small hotel, cozy, good food.

nusigma

Stadt Park

Favorite thing The gardens can be found outside the old town's gates. Across the road from where the horse drawn carriages line up.

reeka
Oct 22, 2003

Things to Do Near Innsbruck

Tiroler Landestheater

I've been wanting to come to this summer festival ever since Miah Persson sang Almirena here in Haendel's Rinaldo in 2002. (I missed her in Innsbruck, but saw her in the same production in Berlin a...

Triumphpforte

At the very far south end of Maria-Theresienstraße is the Triumpforte (Triumphal Arch), another great photo opportunity for mixing gorgeous mountain scenery with architectural grandeur. Created in...

Hofburg

Hofburg translates as “Imperial Palace”. It’s a a former Habsburg palace and is regarded as one of the three most significant cultural buildings in the country (along with the Hofburg Palace and...

Patscherkofel

Starting from the top of the mountain Patscherkofel you can walk along a very nice hiking track called the "Zirbenweg". It has its name from the trees you find along the way - the Swiss stone pine....

Goldenes Dachl

this contraption was made by Holy Roman Emperor Maxmillian I during his Marriage to the Daughter of the Duke of Milan Bianca Maria Sforza in 1500 AD mainly to answer the many rumors that the Holy...

Stadtturm (City Tower)

This tower was built between 1442 and 1450. Once it was a prison. When you' re on the top of this tower you' ll enjoy a wonderful landscape over the city center. You' ll also see the houses on the...

Getting to Innsbruck

Address

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!

Map