Town Hall, Minsk
Minsk town hall (Belarusian Cyrilic: Менская ратуша) is pretty neoclassical building very popular among locals. Originally dates back till the end of 16th century. During turbulent past of Minsk the Minsk town hall was damaged, destroy and rebuild several time. The current structure is from 1990's and is copy of the old city hall from 18th century that was demolished in 1861. In 2003 was redecorated again. Inside the Town Hall you can explore of Minsk through centuries. The entrance is free, but is open for visitors only on Saturdays.
In front of building is a statue of horse carriage that is very popular photo motive.
Near the town hall is the cathedral church of the Virgin Mary and the Holy Spirit Cathedral.
The history of the Town Hall dates back to 1499 when the city received the so called Magdeburg Law. The first building made of stone was built at the beginning of the 17th century and it was rebuilt in Classicism style by the architect Fyodor Kramer at the end of the 18th century. Still it was destroyed and reconstructed several times in the following years.
The current structure was completed only in 2003. In summer times a flower clock can be found on the soutern side of the Town Hall near the street ul. Internationalnaya
The Town Hall stands on Freedom Square (Ploschad Svobody), right in the heart of Minsk's city centre. It can be found in the vicinity of the well known Hotel Europe.
Town Hall building that stands in very centre area of Minsk is a new one. It was fully rebuilt a few years ago and is a copy of the original building from 18th century.
Near Town Hall building you can see nice sculpture of horses – popular place to take pictures. That is more, nearby stands Catholic main Cathedral.
Directions: Town Hall Square.
Between the orthodox and the catholic cathedrals lies the city hall of Minsk, a pretty neoclassical building, perfectly restored in its shiny white. It seems to be the expensive part of the city, with some luxus shops there around and some expensive restaurant and hotel too. It's a nice place, with the view over the lower town and the river.