Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Bruges Highlights Private Tour with a Local
"Discover the main highlights of Bruges during a 2 hour private tour with your local host Rebecca. Belgium may be known for chocolate fries and beer but what is Bruges famous for? You will get to find out the answer to this question and more during your private guided tour. Rebecca will walk you over the canals of Bruges while explaining the history the unknown interesting facts and we'll slowly uncover the beauty of this amazing city. You'll also get to see the Basilica of the Holy blood go over the oldest bridge in town and make a stop at the traditional fish market. You won't get to miss out on the Sint Salvador Cathedral either. Here you get too see amazing architecture on the way and you can even check out the Beer museum. Re and great deals for waffles and beer. Suggested Tour: 9:00 - Meet guests 9:15 - Bruges history in a nutshell9:30 - Checking out the canal views oldest bridges and the beer wall10:00 - Stops at Burg Sq Town Hall and Basilica of the holy blood and Astrid Park/gazebo10:30 - Fish market visit
From EUR12.00

Bruges Highlights Private Tour with a Local
From EUR12.00

Private Tour: Ghent and Bruges Day Trip from Brussels
"Leave your Brussels hotel by luxury minivan and travel northwest to Ghent passing through the scenic Belgian countryside. After roughly an hour on the road arrive in Ghent a city characterized by medieval architecture a network of canals and impressive sights. Head inside St Bavo Cathedral to see its altarpiece adorned with the Van Eyck painting The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb
From EUR138.00

Tom's diner Tips (5)

Tom's Diner: One of the best meals we had

We arrived around 7 PM without a reservation and the place was full. The waiter checked with Chef Tom and informed us that it would be OK to wait for the first table. Since we didn't have any other restaurants in mind, and had heard such good things about this place we decided to have a seat at the cozy bar and wait it out.
The restaurant has great ambience and it's located outside the main tourist area so it seems to be a local establishment.
It seemed that we picked an evening where everyone had decided to make an evening of their visit there so our wait was about 2 hours, but it was well worth it. Our daughter had Tom's Pasta which she loved while I had the meatloaf which was the best I have ever tasted or made myself.
The only thing I'd do differently next time is to call ahead for reservations. In Brussels the following day we were helped by a family who were traveling to Brugge the next day and we suggested they dine at Tom's. We also suggested they call ahead for reservations.

travelalot2
Jun 14, 2011

Tom's diner: Tom's Diner

This restaurant is a little out of the way (but very handy if you are staying at the hotels around St Giles' Church), but well worth seeking out. The restaurant is in an old house, and the atmosphere is low-key and relaxed, with gentle jazz music setting the mood. An ideal place to eat whether you're looking for somewhere as a couple, or if you're with a group - all welcome! As it is away from the main tourist areas, the prices are a little lower.

The restaurant is closed on (I think) Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so check before you go.

Favorite Dish I had salmon with mozzarella and seasonal asparagus - tasty and very filling. My husband's steak was fantastic and I was a little jealous that I hadn't had one myself. We were too full to try the dessert menu unfortunately.

Rachael71's Profile Photo
Rachael71
May 05, 2007

Tom's diner: Homey restaurant outside the tourist area

We had several recommendations for Tom's Diner and as it was relatively close to our hotel, we selected this for our 2nd dinner in Brugge. Our hotel and this restaurant are a little off the tourist path which I find to be a positive draw, the prices aren't inflated and the food is good. Tom's Diner is known for using fresh local ingredients, the interior is very homey and rustic, a quiet place to have a meal.

Favorite Dish We started with a couple of appetizers, shrimp croquettes garnished with pesto and tomato and fried cheese. I liked the croquettes, the cheese was good but it had an odd sweet flavor to it.

I tried to order the mussel appetizer as my entree so I could get a smaller portion but when the meal came out it was clear that she understood that I wanted a larger portion of the appetizer. The mussels were in a white wine garlic cream sauce and were good, they naturally came with a side of frites. David tried the quesadillas with spicy pork, he laughed when he noticed that they had no cheese as queso is the Spanish word for cheese.

Our meal with 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 drinks each was 66E, a little expensive but good food.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Sep 30, 2006

Tom's Diner: Tom's Diner

Although Tom's Diner is a bit out of the tourist area, the place was packed. It is a small restaurant with seatings both downstairs and at the first floor. The building is very small and narrow and not attractive from the outside but inside it's very authentic Flemish with wooden tables and basic chairs, wooden beams on the ceiling, etc.

Favorite Dish I think this is my favorite little restaurant in Brugge in terms of food. Especially considering the price/quality aspect!
We were with a group of 9 and were asked to limit ourselves to 4 different entrées and 4 main courses, in order to allow the kitchen staff to serve our whole table together.
My husband and myself ordered fennel soup with smoked salmon which was a large bowl of fine fennel soup with lots of smoked salmon. His main was saddle of hare with winter veggies and croquettes while mine was chicken wok with pasta and a sweet mango sauce. Delicious!!

myriam_c's Profile Photo