map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Welcome to Dubrovnik Walking Tour
"Welcome to Dubrovnik tour is 2 hr long overview of the Old Town of Dubrovnik; its past and present. You'll be introduced to the most important historical sites (the Sponza Palace the Rector's Palace the Church of St. Blaise the Cathedral Franciscan and Dominican Monastery). On a request it can be extended for additional hour by a walk over the City Walls (2 km long) surrounding the city or visit to some of Dubrovnik Museums like the Cultural Historical Museum the Maritime Museum
From EUR100.00

Dubrovnik City Tour: Panorama of Republic of Ragusa
"After you are picked up in front of your hotel around you will go towards the bridge of Dubrovnik where you have a possibility to take some pictures of the city harbor. Then a drive to Dubrovnik Old Town. In Dubrovnik the stone talks from its most hidden corners to its most sumptuous palaces that have all been silent witnesses of the time when this City was the seat of the glorious Republic of Ragusa. The old town tour starts at the Pile gate continues to the main street of the Old Town - Stradun till the statue of Orlando the keeper of the flag of Liberty. On the way you will visit Dubrovnik’s most important sights such as the Cathedral St Blaise and St Francis church
From EUR335.00

Konavle Folklore Private Tour from Dubrovnik
"The village of Cilipi is well-known for its carefully preserved popular customs. You will get a traditional welcome in Čilipi with dry figs and herb brandy followed by a walk through this picturesque village with a typical rural architecture. Also yo where villagers come dressed in their national costumes. On this excursion you will enjoy the folklore performance of dances and folk music of the area held in front of the church. Also you will visit the Konavle Ethnographic Museum arranged like a t jewelers and festive costumes of the bride and groom.""""The Konavle Valley with its thirty villages well known for its beautiful landscape elegant national costumes and embroideries has carefully preserved its traditions and customs passed down through generations."
From EUR160.00

Croatian Cuizine Tips (38)

Croatian Cuizine: RESTAURANT GUSTI - the WORST in Dubrovnik!!

I spent my New Year holidays in Dubrovnik and from all restaurants I have tried during 5 days in dubrovnik, the restaurant Gusti was the worst.
Its location is in the center (Izmedjuu polaca 11) and I really advice any tourist to stay away from it. There is a someone at the door who will try to convince you to enter and once you get in, you will be completly stolen.
It is extremely expensive considering the quality of food,which is globally poor.
Be careful with any suggestion of wine, cause they will try to sell the most expensive one and they do not say the price!!!
They really steal tourists!
In the end I paid 1200 kn (150 €) for 2 persons and I never felt so disappointed with a restaurant!

neljoa
Jan 01, 2015

sesame: just excellent

Innovative mediteranean cuisine,friendly staff,great wine list,just few passes from the old town,nice terrace,romanticThe Tovjerna is located in a 200-year-old family
house, turned toward the North and surrounded
by rich vegetation, including orange trees

Favorite Dish steak with trufles delicious

petdim
Sep 26, 2011

Croatian Cuizine: Restaurant WANDA

Wanda Mediterranean cuisine invites you to experience a new standard of culinary excellence by celebrated Hollywood chefs. The menu merges the best of three regions of Italy combined with exquisite flavors of Dalmatian cuisine. Tantalizing the palate is an unusual and enticing variety of pasta dishes, seafood, and steaks. Region's best cellar features selections from the most renowned wineries as well as some extraordinary, boutique-exclusive vineyards from around the world.

canaglic's Profile Photo
canaglic
Mar 05, 2008

DOMINO STEAKHOUSE: OLD WORLD CHARM

Domino opened its doors to hungry customers in 1982 and offers fantastic food for meat lovers who like professional service when they wine and dine. I decided to eat inside because it was a little chilly and received a warm welcome. You can actually watch your food being prepared from your table. And if you order any flambé dish, they will bring the cooking table to you. They know how to do beef. They even have a guide to the different cuts of beef that you can enjoy at your table. You can also have fresh fish, but this is a place to have and enjoy local Croatian steak. I had a couple of glasses of red Croatian wine and they really complemented my meal. The best is that the waiters are professional and offer a flawless service. When you dine inside they can see, and do react, to even a turned head. You will wait and want for nothing. A great dining experience.

Favorite Dish

I had a 'mixed grill' dish with glasses of 2 varieties of red wine. Magnificent !

DAO's Profile Photo

Iva Vojnovica 14, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia
Alberta Hallera 2, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia
Viska 3, 20000
Cingrije 10, Vis-a-Vis Hotel Bellevue, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia

Lokrum Restaurant: DO NOT EAT HERE !!!!!!!!

We wish we never had the misfortune of eating at this restaurant.
It was horrid, easily the worst meal we had on our holiday, and may well be the worst we've ever had. And it wasn't cheap.
It's seems to be run by a group of young kids, and the food is disgusting.
We had grilled chicken which was tasteless, and a seafood risotto which was just a couple of crab sticks cut up and mixed with normal rice. While we were sitting there someone else sat down at a table near us and ordered seafood risotto and got something completely different.
We wish we'd read the reviews on Trip Advisor before we went here as no-one, and I mean no-one has a good word to say about it.
So be warned, do not make the same mistake.

Favorite Dish we didn't have one.
our favourite moment was when we left !

pugwashman's Profile Photo
pugwashman
Oct 18, 2013

Dundo Maroje: Good restaurant with a classic name

Good restaurant in one of the little alleys north to the Placa. The dishes are somewhere between solid home-made and traditional with a good variety of Dalmatian cuisine. Nothing luxurious or eclectic, but good quality food. Servings are usually a little to large in Dubrovnik's old town restaurants and this is again the case for Dundo Maroje. Therefore, think twice if you really want the 3-course set menu. Staff was very friendly and attentive without being annoying.

Favorite Dish I had the fish in tomato (don't know exactly how the dish was called), but also tried the Grandma-style gnocchi with meat. Both were delicious home-made dishes.

Airpunk's Profile Photo
Airpunk
Aug 20, 2013

Konoba Rhea Silvia: Good place for breakfast and brunch

A good alternative if your bed and breakfast comes without the latter, though surely not the cheapest options. Choose from several warm (sausage omelette, scrambled eggs, etc.) as well as bread and butter. Prices for an omelette were around 30-40 kuna (2013). Coffee, tea and cold beverages are extra of course. If you have not eaten it before, try cheese from the island of Pag.

Airpunk's Profile Photo
Airpunk
Aug 28, 2013

Arsenal Wine Bar and Tarverna: Stay away if you don't want bad food!

The ambiance is very nice and has a great view of the harbor where the boats are moored. The outside patio is a great place to sit down and have a nice dinner and perhaps a bottle of wine. But that is where it stops. The service was horrible. We were greeted by a harried waiter with a hand full of dirty dishes wanting to take our order immediately. When I asked if he would like to return after he deposited the dishes, he quickly replied "no, give me your order". This place isn't like Denny's or Mc Donalds, but this guy was a nervous wreck. We ordered after 45 minutes and were treated to just mediocre food. The mussels for instance were mostly shells. A seagull could barely have made a meal of it. When I asked another waiter if it was really busy, his reply was "it is very slow". My opinion is that this is just another restaurant capitalizing on a great location and mediocre food. Pretty disappointing.

Favorite Dish Cuttlefish risotto was very decent.

PowerJ's Profile Photo
PowerJ
Aug 30, 2008

Top 5 Dubrovnik Writers

croisbeauty's Profile Photo

croisbeauty

"DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
acemj's Profile Photo

acemj

"Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
pure1942's Profile Photo

JLBG's Profile Photo

JLBG

"Unavoidable Dubrovnik"

GUSTI: GUSTI - Small but excelent place for food and wine

There are awful lots of places with pizza and pasta in Old Town Dubrovnik, not what we came for to Croatia.
We found a very nice small wine and food restaurant in a narrow street "Izemedu polaca" parallel to the main street "Stradum". The name of the reataurant is GUSTI. They cook with love, and the staff is very nice and not intrusive, like in other places.
In lunch time they offer "Light Lunch" a special menu at a reduced price. They served us an extra appetizer, soup, main dish (we had one fish and one chicken) together with roasted vegetables, and crêpe as dessert. Everything very delicious.
It is worth to sit - or at least to look - inside. Nice medieval room and lots of wine in shelfs at the walls.

Favorite Dish Real Croatian food, no fastfood, well cooked and delicately spiced. Special offers for lunchtime.

casymyr
Apr 23, 2014

KONOBA LANTERNA: WONDERFUL

I found this wonderful restaurant by accident. Actually my nose smelled the wonderful food as I walked past. I liked the menu and briefly walked in to speak to the man I think was the owner. I explained I would be back for dinner and he showed me a menu. Then I smelled more wonderful flavors coming from the kitchen. I was hooked.

When I returned the same quiet and polite man greeted us. We were shown a table in the pleasant and cozy interior. After I ordered a beer I noticed 2 Chinese ladies receiving their seafood platter. They were amazed at the portions and dug in. They were very happy with their meal as were the other dinners.

OK, starters. I had tuna salad that they managed to make awesome. Really lots of fresh tuna. My dining companion had cheese spaghetti. This was actually made from fresh bleu cheese. Lots of it. Amazing.

Then the meat arrived! The Dalmatian Ribsteak was a garlic steak cooked to perfection. When we asked for potatoes rather than fries, we were offered 'boiled potatoes'. This actually turned out to be an amazingly creamy mash.

My mixed grill was stunning. Ordered with roast vegetables, it was just utterly fantastic. All of it was succulent and spiced perfectly. Washed down with a glass of wine.

If you only have 2 nights in Dubrovnik, I would suggest you eat here and next door at the Taj Mahal (Bosnian food). I did eat at both and I have to say my favorite meal was here at the Lanterna. Konoba means 'Tavern', but its actually an old, well run, family restaurant. Service is already included in the price, but I tipped the man anyway. They are quiet and reserved, so sometimes you do have to go to the front of the small restaurant. However, nothing is a problem and they are happy to explain everything on the menu. Its cozy and quiet inside. All the food I saw looked divine and the other dinners were very happy with their meals. Even their wet towelettes were classy.

This is a great restaurant and I do think people get it confused with somewhere nearby. The food is excellent and I would recommend this restaurant over and over again. Just have a look at the pictures of the food!

Favorite Dish

I had the Tuna Salad as a starter. Fresh, delicious, a generous amount of fresh tuna, well seasoned and just excellent. I had the house red wine (ok) with the mixed grill. Perfection! Moist, hot, spiced to perfection (not too much) and lots of it. Also had a very large cold beer. Just great!

DAO's Profile Photo
DAO
Jun 24, 2014

Croatian Cuizine: Ragusa 2

Despite the fact that the Rudjenak family has been in restaurant business from 1929 and owns in addition to Ragusa 2 three other restaurants in Dubrovnik, I wasn't convinced with this place. In fact, its one of my worst restaurant experineces in Dalmatia.

Nothing was really awfully wrong with the place, but the price just was too high compared to the quality of the food, which was average at the best.

tpk2's Profile Photo
tpk2
May 27, 2007

Captain Restaurant: In the old city

Restaurant Captain offers the traditional and Dalmatian cuisine.One of the best in the area
Multi langual waiters ,good food

Favorite Dish Captain Grill, steaks, fresh fish, langouste, crabs and mussels

traveloturc's Profile Photo
traveloturc
Mar 23, 2009

Things to Do Near Dubrovnik

Big Onofrije's Fountain

Strategically located, this fountain from the 15th century, is visited by everybody, either to drink its cool water, either to wash face and hands. Sixteen fountains always pouring water brought...

Island of Lokrum

For those who stay for a longer time in Dubrovnik, a day trip to Lokrum can be an interesting option. Though the island has no beautiful sand beaches, it has a couple of swimming opportunities, a lot...

Minceta Fortress

Located in the north area, in the highest point of the walls, this strong construction, besides its imposing structure, is a good place to photograph the town. Climbing it under the sun is hard,...

Old City

There is a famous view over Dubrovnik which I am very familiar with. I was not sure where to take it from.Then I had a look at Sandy Smith's VT page and she had the view and said she had seen it from...

Island of Mljet

We make the excursion to the Island of Miljet by ourselves. There is a ferry that you can take from the New Harbour of Dubrovnik and takes a couple of hours to the island. We had a walk the...

Sponza Palace

This palace from the 16th century may pass discreetly to most visitors, due to the strong impact of the memorial for the victims of the war in its interior, but, as you wander around, you will end...

Getting to Dubrovnik

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map