Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Welcome to Dubrovnik Walking Tour
"Welcome to Dubrovnik tour is 2 hr long overview of the Old Town of Dubrovnik; its past and present. You'll be introduced to the most important historical sites (the Sponza Palace the Rector's Palace the Church of St. Blaise the Cathedral Franciscan and Dominican Monastery). On a request it can be extended for additional hour by a walk over the City Walls (2 km long) surrounding the city or visit to some of Dubrovnik Museums like the Cultural Historical Museum the Maritime Museum
From EUR100.00

Dubrovnik City Tour: Panorama of Republic of Ragusa
"After you are picked up in front of your hotel around you will go towards the bridge of Dubrovnik where you have a possibility to take some pictures of the city harbor. Then a drive to Dubrovnik Old Town. In Dubrovnik the stone talks from its most hidden corners to its most sumptuous palaces that have all been silent witnesses of the time when this City was the seat of the glorious Republic of Ragusa. The old town tour starts at the Pile gate continues to the main street of the Old Town - Stradun till the statue of Orlando the keeper of the flag of Liberty. On the way you will visit Dubrovnik’s most important sights such as the Cathedral St Blaise and St Francis church
From EUR335.00

Konavle Folklore Private Tour from Dubrovnik
"The village of Cilipi is well-known for its carefully preserved popular customs. You will get a traditional welcome in Čilipi with dry figs and herb brandy followed by a walk through this picturesque village with a typical rural architecture. Also yo where villagers come dressed in their national costumes. On this excursion you will enjoy the folklore performance of dances and folk music of the area held in front of the church. Also you will visit the Konavle Ethnographic Museum arranged like a t jewelers and festive costumes of the bride and groom.""""The Konavle Valley with its thirty villages well known for its beautiful landscape elegant national costumes and embroideries has carefully preserved its traditions and customs passed down through generations."
From EUR160.00

Vegetarian food Tips (7)

Nishta: The one and the only one in Dubrovnik

nishta is a new culinary concept in Dubrovnik that is simply refreshing. It serve only authentic, 100% vegetarian dishes, with vegan and gluten-free options available.

nishta is open from Monday to Saturday 12:00 - 23:00. Closed on Sunday.

'NISHTA' in Croatian language means, verbally, 'NOTHING'. The owner explained the gimmick to me:
Croatian people never eat a food that doesn't have a mother= meat. In this restaurant you eat 'nothing', not meat, not milk..

Favorite Dish Pakoras:
No kissing after this Indian-style appetizer! Fried vegetables in a crispy crust. Served with a garlic curcuma yogurt sauce.

Soup:
Exotic and amazing orange, ginger and carrot soup.

Salad wrap:
A different style of finger food. Lettuce leaf with a colorful ratatouille and soy flakes. This dish comes with crunchy hummus bruschetta.

FruitLover's Profile Photo
FruitLover
Jun 21, 2009

Vegetarian food: refreshing restaurant

My husband and I took a day trip to Dubrovnik last week and were soo happy to find this place. It was not all that difficult to find. When entering the walls, you will go down a long set of stairs. The street runs perpendicular to the stairs and is full of restaurants.

Everything about this restaurant was spectacular. The choices were overwhelming! My husband and I eventually settled on the spring rolls, the falafel platter and the red thai curry. Everything was delicious. I wish we had gone back for dinner! The restaurant is affiliated with the Smoothie Bar around the corner and you can order smoothies with your meal (AND they have soymilk, rice milk and oat milk!). The service was exceptional and the hostess and chef even posed for a picture with us! Do not miss this restaurant if you are in Dubrovnik!

vuka
May 01, 2008

Nishta: Gorgeous Vegetarian Food

I'm a fussy vegetarian - I don't like tomatoes or mushrooms, which generally seem to be the staple of most vegetarian dishes in most places. For most of the time in Dubrovnik I ended up relying on pizza as my meal of the day, which even I got a bit bored of, after four days in a row. However, on wandering down Prijeko, which runs up the hill, but parallel to the Stradun, we found this tiny 100% vegetarian restaurant, Nishta.

The presentation of the menu is cute - a little squeaky toy on each table, and a menu which looks like a ring-bound notebook. The food itself though, oh wow. After four days of having pizza, or the token veggie dish, the food here was just divine - and that was just from reading the menu!

In the end I settled for a light battered coated cauliflower, with a light garlic sauce (heaven), and for my main, I think I had a burrito, which again was just heavenly. There was so much choice - my husband went for falafels, and they were the lightest, fluffiest ones I've ever eaten in my life.

I'd like to praise the ambience of the restaurant, however, we sat outside, and the staff from the next restaurant along were playing music from their mobile phones, as well as having to deal with a drunk Brit, complaining about the food, which wasn't ideal.

Also, the restaurant is cash-only - no cards.

You have all the usual courses, starter, salads, main course, and dessert. Everything is priced reasonably too.

Favorite Dish All the food sounded amazing. The desserts on offer were fantastic too - though we didn't stay for one, as we wanted one last ice cream from one of Dubrovnik's many ice cream parlours dotted around the Old Town. They do chocolate fondue, though. I wish we had stayed, though the ice creams were good.

The cauliflower starter though, was just fantastic. A really light batter, than a yellowy garlic sauce to dip it in. Heaven! If you're vegetarian, and going to Dubrovnik, PLEASE GO HERE! I'd hate for it to have closed down, when we return.

All the food is hand cooked, everything is fresh, the staff serving were all extremely friendly.

josiejo's Profile Photo
josiejo
Oct 14, 2007

Vegetarian food: Vegetarian in Dubrovnik

I was told that Croatia does not cater to vegetarians - THIS IS SO WRONG. It is now 2007 and they are very much up to date. Every restaurant offers vegetarian meals. Its not just a garnish either.

Favorite Dish Spaghetti with marinara
Pesto
Pizza
Lasagna
rissoto
Roasted vegetables to die for. Yum

sillygoose2's Profile Photo

Iva Vojnovica 14, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia
Alberta Hallera 2, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia
Viska 3, 20000
Cingrije 10, Vis-a-Vis Hotel Bellevue, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia

Kompas Hotel Terrace Restaurant, Lapad Peninsular: Unexpected excellence.

We were staying in an apartment uphill from the Kompas Hotel and had been told it was OK to use their lift to go down to the beach and "promenade" area and more - importantly to go back up! We felt a bit guilty using this facility.
Staff we encountered were so courteous and after my husband used his few words of Croatian in greeting they treated us like guests every time we passed reception (where we bought kuna at very fair rates, and Bus Tickets.) We decided to eat in their restaurants starting with a light cold lunch on the terrace. All the dishes were freshly made and displayed in a chilled counter and all looked delicious. A slice of vegetable pie with a little side salad seemed just right for me - the others chose fishy salads and a meat pie. The "slice" was much bigger than expected and came with a very generous mixed salad - a meal in itself. Deserts could not be resisted, again freshly made pies and tarts, fruit salads and cakes.
No photograph could reproduce the flavours of that veggie pie. We were all agreed it was one of the most enjoyable meals we had and when the bill came it was so little for 4 people we called the waiter to question it but there was no mistake.

Favorite Dish Vegetable Pie & Lemon and almond tart.
The lunchtime selection was not available for dinner when a more formal menu is served.

ranger49's Profile Photo
ranger49
May 20, 2007

Vegetarian food: Vegetarian Food Everywhere!

Don't worry if you are a Vegetarian - most all the restaurants here in Dubrovnik old town offer vegetarian plates. You can even get vegan dishes - just order grilled vegetable plate with no cheese - Yummy stuff!

goodcleanfun's Profile Photo
goodcleanfun
May 18, 2007

Just for a drink !

We are not really looking for a restaurant, but otherwise, where should I have dropped this tip ? it is just for a drink ! It is so hot that a beer and a small rest in the shade are a need. Jedan velika piva, molim vas !

Favorite Dish Beer, beer and more beer !

JLBG's Profile Photo
JLBG
Nov 14, 2004

Top 5 Dubrovnik Writers

croisbeauty's Profile Photo

croisbeauty

"DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
acemj's Profile Photo

acemj

"Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
pure1942's Profile Photo

JLBG

"Unavoidable Dubrovnik"

Things to Do Near Dubrovnik

Fort Bokar

Protecting the seaward, south-western corner of the city and Pile Gate entrance is the Bokar Fort. The circular fort was built between the 15th and 16th centuries and was designed by the Italian...

Lapad

At the western end of the street called Šetalište kralja Zvonimira, there is a small beach. From here there is a footpath that follows the shore in the direction of the Hotel Neptun. This is a lovely...

Big Onofrije's Fountain

Strategically located, this fountain from the 15th century, is visited by everybody, either to drink its cool water, either to wash face and hands. Sixteen fountains always pouring water brought...

Island of Lokrum

For those who stay for a longer time in Dubrovnik, a day trip to Lokrum can be an interesting option. Though the island has no beautiful sand beaches, it has a couple of swimming opportunities, a lot...

Minceta Fortress

Located in the north area, in the highest point of the walls, this strong construction, besides its imposing structure, is a good place to photograph the town. Climbing it under the sun is hard,...

Old City

There is a famous view over Dubrovnik which I am very familiar with. I was not sure where to take it from.Then I had a look at Sandy Smith's VT page and she had the view and said she had seen it from...

Getting to Dubrovnik

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map