Map &

Canoe Safari on Cetina River from Split
From EUR50.00

Konoba Marjan Tips (3)

Konoba Marjan: The best fish plate in Split

Don't miss this small friendly restaurant tucked away up a side street from the Riva. It's run by husband & wife team Marija and Ivan. Don't be put off if you don't see many people inside -the food is worth it.
It's also airconditioned, which is great when its a bit hot.

Favorite Dish It has a small menu but there is something for everyone and the fish plate is superb and excellent value.
It's for 2 people and usually brings you 2-3 fish each, plus calamari and prawns, depending on what was available in the market that morning.
I've tried similar dishes in most of the other restaurants in Split but this is the best.
Last time I was there (May 07) it was 180KN - about $33 - for two people.Also the house wines are decent enough to drink.

Jun 18, 2007

Konoba Marjan: A basic eatery at the center

Konoba Marjan is better for lunch than dinner. If you are looking for an affordable place to grab something to eat while shopping at the center, here is one option. However, if you want a place for nice evening dining, I wouldn't recommend Marjan.

tpk2's Profile Photo
Nov 25, 2006

Konoba Marjan: Late night can get fishy

Well, this was almost my last meal, since shortly after this photo was taken, I got my butt kicked (see warning and danger tips). Fortunately, however, I was able to live to see another fish staring back at me from my plate.

This was one of the few places that I could find that was open after 10pm in Split. Actually, they looked like they were getting ready to close when I came in, but I guess I looked really hungry because they welcomed me with a smile.

My waiter spoke good English and really bent over backwards to make it a great dining experience.

Favorite Dish I had a grilled whole white fish called "Komarca" and a mixed salad with a decent red wine. Everything was excellent.

acemj's Profile Photo