Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Street Life Tips (6)

Neat, display stands :)

Check this out! Domestic household articles neatly arranged on attractive stands.

The prices are clearly visible I hope ;)

It looked good enough to eat ;)

You're supposed to use 'good' brushes for your clothes.

And 'bad' brushes???? They're for bath-time spanking when you've been a bad boy ;) ! ???? Bad in Danish means BATH :)

Durfun's Profile Photo
Durfun
Mar 11, 2010

Ships in channels of Copenhagen

Observing sailing of tourist ships in channels of Copenhagen we admired with the skill of captains to maneuver on narrow water spaces.

It seemed to us that a ship already has got stuck in narrow channel between a bridge and a parapet of quay... But - nothing at all! Some confident movements and a ship again continued the way.

Children's playgrounds

My second remark also is connected with life of small Danes in Copenhagen. I saw children's playgrounds in court yards of churches for the first time in my travels. It caused dual sensation.

On one hand, children join religion and city culture since their early childhood. It is good! But on another hand children are forced to be on a tiny playground among crowds of people, near to cars and far from any vegetation in conditions of the polluted city. It is bad in our opinion.

In Russia you will not see such a thing. May be it's a feature of Moscow not of Copenhagen?
May be it's quite usual for other European country - not only in Denmark, I don't know!

Children on the streets

My remarks concerning customs in Copenhagen can seem trivial to Europeans but some stages which I saw in streets of this city are very unusual to Russians.

First we saw several big groups of children who walked on the city centre together with the tutors, having joined hands and crossing numerous groups of tourists. It seemed very risky action for us - Russians! You can hardly see groups of little children walking on the brisk streets of Moscow. It's too dangerous for such city as Moscow.

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Street Life

Egilsgade 33, Copenhagen, Zealand, DK-2300, Denmark
Amager Boulevard 70, Copenhagen, Zealand, 2300, Denmark
H.C. Andersens Boulevard 50, Copenhagen, Zealand, 1553, Denmark
Kalvebod Brygge 5, Copenhagen, Zealand, 1560, Denmark
Mitchellsgade 14, Copenhagen, Zealand, 1568, Denmark
Hotels
Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 11, (next to Kalvebod Brygge 38), Copenhagen, 1560, Denmark

Cant afford to sit in a bar?

Danes seem to be quite tolerant of behaviour such as making a street square your own drinking bar! I tried to click this vodka gulping man from front, but he came up announced that he is a major in the army and threatened to kill me. So I stepped back and asked him to enjoy!

virattravels's Profile Photo
virattravels
Sep 03, 2005

Street performers by the...

Street performers by the Caritas Fountain in Gammeltorv. If you see some performers and like their act, give them some change, especially if you take their picture. It was fun watching these two 'statues'.

worldtrekker's Profile Photo
worldtrekker
Aug 25, 2002

Top 5 Copenhagen Writers

Sjalen's Profile Photo
"Windy-ful Copenhagen"
cachaseiro's Profile Photo
"COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
Nemorino's Profile Photo
"Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
balhannah's Profile Photo
"THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
yooperprof's Profile Photo
"Highly Hygge!"

Things To Do Near Street Life

Things to do
The Royal Library Garden is located back from the road, so take care, you could walk straight past! The Library Garden is located on top of the former site of Christian IVs old Naval Harbour. This is...
Things to do
If you like ambitious modern architecture, then you will definitely want to take a look at the Black Diamond that houses the Royal Danish Library on Christiansborg. Its black, reflective, monolithic...
Things to do
Slotsholmen, or 'The Castle Islet' is a part of the centre of the city situated on what was originally a number of small islands in the water between Copenhagen on the shore of Zealand and the island...
Things to do
Copenhagen, as you will immediately see on arriving in the city centre, is the city of towers and spires. A great many of them stretch into the sky, ranging from the playful Vor Frelsers Kirke to the...
Things to do
Ok, I do not like heights... but the golden tower looked so pretty that I wanted to climb up the 92 meters! The first part is fine - nothing to it, other than a whole pile of stair. Indoors, safe, a...
Things to do
I was so pleased that I decided to visit this museum. I had saved it for my last day and spent 2 and a half hours exploring its wonderful displays. Even that wasn't really enough, because most of that...

Getting to Street Life

Address

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Local Customs. Help us improve our info!

Map