More Nightclubs and bars in Copenhagen

Locals at bar
    by mickeyboy07
  • Nightlife
    by Turska
    Having a beer at Palæ Bar.
    by cachaseiro

Most Viewed Nightlife in Copenhagen

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Huset KBH / Bastard Café: A great spot at night - and during the day

by King_Golo Written Jun 9, 2016

Huset KBH is a cultural centre in the old town of Copenhagen. We stumbled upon it by chance - it was a wet and windy day, and yet another rain shower was approaching fast so we were happy to come across an appealing-looking place to give us shelter. The courtyard looked nice enough, but once we saw the writing "Bastard Café - Board Games and Coffee" we knew that this place was the place to be. Bastard Café is a giant café with space for some 200 people. We opened the door and were greeted by the sound of about 200 people animatedly playing board games - a heaven for board game aficionados like us! The whole walls were lined with board games, ranging from classics like "Monopoly" to obscure dwarfs-and-trolls fantasy games, from strategic games to Eurogames. Altogether, Bastard Café has more than 1300 games on offer, and their collection is constantly growing. I hadn't known that before, but it looked as though Denmark is a board game country! Check out their website if you want to find out more about the place.

Board game advisors, so-called "Game Gurus", were helping out here and there, advising on the rules or simply on which game to choose. As every table was full and we didn't want to spend the rest of our first day in Copenhagen inside, we decided to come back another time - either later during this holiday or on another holiday.

We had a look at the rest of Huset KBH, consisting of event venues and cafés, all of which looked inviting, too. Just to give you an idea of what events you can expect there:

* The Big Lebowski Drink-Along
    * A Sick Hair and Blaxploitation Party
    * Open Mic Contests
    * The Copenhagen Jazz Festival
    * and many more

Huset has been around since the 1970s and is nowadays Denmark's biggest culture house with up to 1500 events taking place annually. It also hosts Europe's first non-profit restaurant where leftover food is recycled to fight food waste.

Opening times:
    Bastard Café is open daily from 12pm to Midnight, at the weekend even to 2am.
    Spisehuset Rub & Stub is open Tuesday to Saturday 5.30 - 10/11pm.
    In case of events, other opening times may apply.

Dress Code: Whatever you wish

Having fun at Bastard Caf�� Mural in Huset's staircase
    • Singles

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Palæ Bar.: Great little pub in the center of Copenhagen.

by cachaseiro Written Feb 23, 2016

Palæ Bar is a really cool little bohemian bar in a part of central Copenhagen that usually tend to have very flashy upscale night clubs that i am not too keen on.
    But Palæ Bar is a super cool little old fashioned bar that has an owner who is really in to jazz and the bar is usually brimming with people of all ages, who love the bohemian atmosphere there.
    It's right around the corner from the the most expensive hotel in Copenhagen, but that is not reflected in the prices there, which are quite reasonable for central Copenhagen standards.
    I especially like the bar in late afternoon when it tends to attract a very nice crowd of people.

Dress Code: No dress code here, as it's a place frequented by successful and intelligent people.

Having a beer at Pal�� Bar.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Norrebro Bryghus: And more craft beers!

by Turska Written Apr 26, 2015

Lots of own beers, and you can see the place they are making them. More like a pub downstairs and a restaurant to eat upstairs. Allthough it looked like some people ate also at downstairs too.
    Once again a very friendly staff! I think it was the manager who came to bring us chairs, when we were standing up at the full restaurant. Staff were all very friendly, and you could taste beers before ordering (when we asked how is some beer, they got us a small tasting glas). We might have stayed even later, but we had an early morning. Will anyway go back at our next visit to town!

Dress Code: None (we would not go to place with dress code!)

Mikkeller&Friends: "Mecca" of a graft beer fan in Copenhagen

by Turska Written Apr 26, 2015

If you are a craft beer fan like us, you cannot miss this place at Copenhagen! Must say, that place looked.. Well.. not our kind of place. Too much light, too white and like a hospital colors.. But it helped a little when it got a lot of people in at the saturday night. And the beers on tap was a huge selection! Of course Scandinavias best known Mikkellers many many types and then as many beers from another craft brewerys. Sadly we didn´t have any samples to give to staff from "our" brewery.
    And the way of serving the beers is genius! You can taste many different ones, since you can take so small glasses. This should be the trend in all this kind of places!

Dress Code: None

Brewpub Kobenhavn: Craft beers

by Turska Written Apr 26, 2015

We allways try to visit as many carft brewerys as possible. When we started to talk about our intrests with the staff, they were super friendly. They told us about their beers and upcoming new ones. We even got to taste some witch weren´t ready yet.
    They had some good beers, and some I didn´t like as much. We were planning to come and eat here also, but we ran out of time. The food menu seemed to be quite interesting also.

Dress Code: None?

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Vaerthuset Pinden: A One-stop Pub Crawl!!

by johngayton Updated Oct 17, 2014

This is a cracking little pub - it had caught my eye (or should I say my Beer Nose) as I passed it on the afternoon as I was looking for my hotel and had mentally bookmarked it as probably a good place to commence my intended evening solo recce of the local bars.

And so about 8.30 pm, having had an early evening nap, off I went, the 50 yards or so round the corner to commence my intended pub crawl. HA! My last vague recollections of the evening were of the landlady here at Pinden asking if I wanted another beer before she closed AT 4 AM!!

This is definitely a "John" pub - friendly locals, live music, provided on the night by a local singer/guitarist, unbidden (yet welcome) shots of the local hooch (can't remember its name but something similar to Jaegermeister) arriving in front of me to be downed in one with much clinking of the glasses, Skol all round!! First place on my list for a revisit next time :)

Updated 2011 - Now been revisited several times, to the extent that my beer now awaits me on the bar before I've even had a chance to say Hi!!

And here's a little post I made elsewhere:

Sometimes a line from a book brings memories flooding into the conscious mind. One such from yesterday evening was from William McIlvanney's "The Papers Of Tony Vietch".

I'll paraphrase slightly but the quote goes a bit like this - "One of the barmaids was young and pretty. The other was older. She had been pretty. Now she was better than that."

Brought to mind Pia.

Closed during the day :( Excellent Jazz Quartet On Last Visit :-))

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Cafe Globen: Dancing With The Greenlanders and other stories...

by johngayton Updated Sep 7, 2014

Cafe Globen is a little bar on a little sidestreet over the little road to the north of the little park of Orsted. on the outskirts of Copenhagen's city centre. It's a VT'ers favourite, being "owned" by a group of travellers (all of whom are members of De Berejstes Klub - Travellers Guild) of whom our very own favourite "Biking Viking", Claus [cachaseiro] is a member.

All of my Copenhagen visits to date have included at least one night out here at Globen but with no two nights in the same company. There's been dancing with the Greenlanders, reciting Robert Burns with the Vikings and virtual beers with the (then) Bostonians and a Killer Rabbit! Buy me a beer (but NOT a virtual one) and I'll tell you the stories!

Whilst Globen is more of a travellers club than a bar as such that doesn't make it any less a pub and should be searched out if you enjoy a decent beer (mostly from local microbreweries) and interesting company but note that on weekdays it is generally only open evenings. Closing times are flexible according to who is around - if Claus and I are in attendance expect a late 'un!.

Dress Code: Absolutely no dress code at all but I'm sure that Claus will be in accordance with me on "scantily-clad females always welcome" ;-p

Globen on a Grey Day! VT'ers At The Bar Hansi Arrives With Camera VT'ers Hide In Corner! Greenlanders Take Centre Stage :-)

• illumina's Profile Photo

The Rum Club: Let there be Rum!

by illumina Written Aug 14, 2014

Every cocktail you can think of involving rum, and then some you wouldn't have thought of!

Again this place is a little pricey, between 75-110DKK for a drink, but the skills in the cocktail making prove their worth. My friends and I had between us a Dark and Stormy (rum, ginger beer and lime), a daiquiri, caipirinha's and a honey thyme rum sour. The caipirinha's were particularly well made (so much so that we went back for seconds!), but everything was of very high quality, and the bartender was friendly and helpful.

It was a Thursday night when we visited and it was pretty empty, but it does get packed at weekends.

• Luxury Travel

Ruby: Beautiful, but expensive, cocktails

by illumina Updated Aug 14, 2014

Ruby feels like an exclusive gentleman's club, with its leather wing chairs and unadvertised entrance. Situated on the canal-side at Gammel Strand, they have a wealth of experience behind the bar, making their cocktails things of beauty. The combinations sometimes sound a bit odd, but trust me, they're worth a taste.

I had the Trade Route cocktail (made with Ron Zucapa 23 Rum, Japanese plum wine, ginger liqueur and flavoured with Thai Basil), which was strong but absolutely gorgeous, and served in a very pretty glass! My friend had a drink not in the menu mixed for her with Old Tom gin, Pimm's and ginger ale which was pretty tasty too! The bar-tender was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

The only downside is the price - one drink will set you back around 100-120dkk (around £11-13 or $18-21). But it's worth it just for one or two!

• Luxury Travel

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek: Evening Events!

by lmkluque Updated Nov 3, 2013

If you are fortunate enough to be in Copenhagen during the time that a concert is offered at the Glyptotek take advantage of the opportunity. Strains of beautiful music in these surroundings can transport the mind and is an awesome experience. Take a look at their website before your arrival to see if a concert is available.

Dress Code: As usual with this type of entertainment, dress your best

The Inspiring Art Museum, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek
    • Museum Visits

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Søpavillionen.: Nightclub in the center of the city.

by cachaseiro Updated Jan 20, 2013

Søpavillionen is a nightclub with a very cool location on an old bridge.
    The club often have latin nights and tend to be frequented by people in their mid/late twenties and even a bit older.
    Lines can be quite long there at times and some people hate the place while other people love it.
    But it's one place to avoid the very young crowd.

Nicely located club.

• illumina's Profile Photo

Tørst: Another cheap bar in the centre!

by illumina Written Sep 29, 2012

This bar is found down a street just off Rådhuspladsen, downstairs in a cellar. It has some cosy sofas and window seats, and the beer is 20kr (as of 2012), while if there's a group of you you can get 10 shots for 100kr.

Opens 3pm.

Drop Inn: Happy Hour!

by illumina Updated Sep 29, 2012

Another place for cheap beer - between about 12pm and 7pm on weekdays, the Drop Inn serves pints for 26DKK. After 7pm they are 38DKK I think. Staff are pleasant, and there's nice seating outside. They occasionally have live music.

NB: During the Jazz Festival in July the prices are 38DKK as standard.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

MOJO Club: MOJO Club

by mindcrime Written Mar 12, 2012

Although nightlife is expensive in Copenhagen we found an amazing small live venue where we loved it.
    The night we went we saw Blues Jam with Morten Lunn.

Mojo Club is a typical blues club with live blues music every night (also some folk/country nights). The atmosphere is great, it seemed always packed with people but it was hard to breath because it’s very small and smoking (for some strange reason it’s allowed there!) made things worst while there was no air conditioning so it got really hot inside…

...at the music break a lot of people just got out to breath some fresh air :)

30DKK for a pint of draft beer till 22.00 a bit more later… There was no entrance fee

Blues Jam with Morten Lunn

General Tip: Istedgade Bars

by johngayton Written Mar 6, 2012

Istedgade is the street that runs westwards from the back entrance of Central Station, at the start of which is the clutch of central budget hotels where I usually stay when in the city. This is definitely one of Copenhagen's more interesting neighbourhoods with its street girls, massage parlours, sex shops and erotic clubs but me I'm more interested in the pubs. Every other building seems to host a bar of some description: trendy ones, good locals and downright dives.

The only problem I have with the street is that after a night out I can't remember exactly where I've been but I always wake up with a smile.

Also useful is the corner 7-11 where the night guys are always a little crazy and picking up my late, late, supper is almost like an extension of the party - HIC!

Dress Code: Dress Code? HA! Don't be silly - this is Istedgade!

Istedgade Collage The Uber Trendy Spicylicious Luna - A Real Dive and hence one of my favs!

Copenhagen Hotels

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Charlotten Fort Campground
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Copenhagen

Comments

Copenhagen Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Copenhagen locals.
Map of Copenhagen