Map &

Copenhagen Panoramic City Tour with Harbor Cruise
From DKK395.00
City Tour of Copenhagen
From DKK345.00

Det Lille Apotek Tips (8)

Det Lille Apotek: Real Danish lunch

Great place to experience the traditional Danish lunch speciality, open sandwiches. Choose one of the different sized platters (priced from DKK 89 to 178 – €12 to 24), for a good selection. Traditionally open sandwiches are eaten on flat rye-bread – which can be an acquired taste. Don’t be afraid to ask the waiter for a more international breadtype – and to guide you through the different dishes and their accessories.
At dinner the restaurant has an ordinary meat-and-potatoes menu – you can get that anywhere.

QuDee's Profile Photo
Apr 16, 2007

Det Lille Apotek: Cute old restaurant.

This restaurant was ver cute and old if not a little claustrophobic! It was a pharmacy (which is how it got its name -- Apotek) in the 1700s. Some say that this is the oldest restaurant in Copenhagen!
It has great ambience! Well worth a visit.

Favorite Dish We chose a sampler dish that included a variety of Danish cuisine. It was great, delish! I'm afraid I can't remember what it was called, but I am sure your server can help you find it on the menu.

lisahurley's Profile Photo
Mar 04, 2003

Det Lille Apotek: Out of a Page of Dickens!

This was the first restaurant I went to in Danmark. Going there was the choice of my friend who lives near. I think this restaurant dates from the early 1700's and at one time was an old haunt for writers and artists.

I was surprised as we descended down a rough and narrow staircase, the journey below was rather dark, so be careful and watch your step. It was a place right out of Dickens, much larger than it looked from the outside but charming anyway. Expect it to be busy,warm and cozy, good service and better food and wine. Reservations is important to have for this place.

lmkluque's Profile Photo
Nov 01, 2013

Det Lille Apotek.: Det Lille Apotek

This is the oldest restaurant in the city, more than 200 years old. Formerly a pharmacy, this restaurant used to be the favoured dining and drinking place of many of the renowned Danish poets, such as H. C. Andersen. The management tries to keep the atmosphere from 200 years back, and there is real Danish food on the menu. This is a very popular place and often crowded.

Favorite Dish Duck in orange sauce.

Bjorgvin's Profile Photo

Frederiksberggade 25 C, 2. (Strøget), Copenhagen, DK-1459, Denmark
Romersgade 11, Copenhagen, Zealand, 1362, Denmark
Frederiksborggade 30, Copenhagen, Zealand, 1360, Denmark
25 Vester Voldgade, Copenhagen, Zealand, 1552, Denmark

det lille apotek: was not worse it!

we were there on a saturday night or let me say, tried to get in after such a lovely day in Copenhag
we came there inside it was empty , three tables of people outside was also empty
and they said do you have a rezervation and if not, its not possible.
and she was realy rude when we asked just for two people...and we're looking forward to eat danish-food...and she only said no...maybe somewhere else.
I think she doesn'T wanted to serve a "foreign woman and a danish-looking man".
this was my feeling when I saw her how she attended.

so not worse it!

Jun 07, 2011

dont worse it!

we even did not get in and it was totaly empty inside and outside
do yu have a reservation? no, than not she said!
couldnt understand it after such a lovely saturday in Copenhagen, she was rude as well.
gues does not wanted to "serve a foreign woman accompained with a danish looking man!

what a pity and shame!

Jun 07, 2011

Det Lille Apotek: The traditional restaurant of Copenhague

I think this is one of the oldest restaurant in the city. This is definitely a quaint old place but it is however much bigger inside than it looks from the outside.

Very friendly staff, unfortunately we arrived quite late (around 9pm) and only had a very limited choice for food. We had a steak cooked on a stone. Very nice but I'll definitely have to come back to explore the remaining options...

Better book your table in advance, it is a pretty popular place!

Djinn76's Profile Photo
Jan 01, 2010

Det Lille Apotek: DON'T GO THERE!!

Our wonderful tour guide recommended this place. We ordered a herring meal but it was just three kinds of herring with no other items except little brown bread, which was more like an appetizer rather than a meal. No problem, we simply asked the waiter for a slice of cheese. To make a long story short, he said although they served cheese, it wasn't possible to have just one slice! I said I would be happy to pay for the cheese so the waiter went and asked the chef. He came back and said we could not buy a slice of cheese so we asked for the manager. She came over with a nasty attitude and said loudly IT WASN'T ALLOWED!!! I was just shocked because I love and respect Danes! They are generally so friendly. I thought she must not understand so I reiterated of course, we would pay for the slice of cheese and she actually started yelling that those were the rules!! Finally, I told her she must NOT be a Dane because Danish people just do not behave so badly at which point she told us to leave and never come back!!! SO we won't go back!!

Favorite Dish Food was mediocre, but service was horrible making the day so unpleasant!

Sep 15, 2010

Top 5 Copenhagen Writers

Sjalen's Profile Photo

"Windy-ful Copenhagen"
cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Nemorino's Profile Photo

"Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
balhannah's Profile Photo

yooperprof's Profile Photo

"Highly Hygge!"

Things To Do Near Det Lille Apotek

Things to do

A big plane tree surrounded by a few benches and lots of colourful houses, most of them restaurants: this is Gråbrødretorv, easily one of Copenhagen's most beautiful squares. Gråbrødretorv means...

Post & Tele Museum

Entrance is FREE! I believe it is open from 10am - 4pm every day, including Sundays. There are many exhibits to look at and a very impressive stamp collection. The best bit, however, is taking the...

Helligåndskirken - Church of the Holy Ghost

Known as Helligåndshuset (or House of the Holy Ghost in English), this Gothic building is one of the oldest in Copenhagen. It was built in 1296 as part of a hospital, but in the late 15th century it...

Vor Frue Kirke - Church of Our Lady

The main Danish cathedral stays close to the University, in Vor Frue Plads. The present building dates from the 19th century, in Neoclassical style, but it has a long story of successive damaging...

Gammeltorv and Nytorv

Two squares that became one, bisected by Stroget... The best known feature of this square is the fountain not shown in this photo, known as Caritas Springvandet (the Charity Fountain), which depicts a...

Latin Quarter

This part of town retains a feeling of medievil almost, there are plenty of shops and pretty buildings. You will find the Vor Frue Kirke here, Norregade, ( the oldest approach road to Copenhagen),...

Getting to Det Lille Apotek