Map &

Small-Group Copenhagen City Walking Tour
From DKK350.00

Tivoli Tips (4)

Divan II: Expensive

I intended to have dinner in Tivoli and wanted it to be Danish food. I looked on the Tivoli map for possible places, I saw that there was a Danish restaurant called Divan II, so we headed for that. The menu outside said they had smorgesbord, but what I didn't realize was that it was only for lunch (the menu being in Danish I couldn't read it all).

This was a fancy gourmet restaurant, and we weren't really dressed for it. They put us in the back with the non-alcoholic muslim women and men with no coats or ties. While we were there, they did something to some steaks that involved a brandy flambe which was quite spectacular. The set-up is pictures in photo 5.

Favorite Dish We both had appetizers (which is a favorite way of mine to avoid spending a lot of money. I had seafood bisque (115DK - photo 3), and she had risotto (95 DK).

I tried the blanched asparagus (photo 2), but I found it disappointing as it didn't taste like asparagus. The little shrimp and sauce with it was nice but not worth 175 DK. Then we both had strawberries Romanov for dessert (125DK ea-photo 4). My granddaughter had two cokes, and I had cranberry juice (32 DK each)

The bill was not only a horrible 584DK but they added 25% tax onto it and then an additional 3% for a foreign credit card. So I guess I will have to wait until we come back to try smorgesbord.

grandmaR's Profile Photo
Aug 04, 2009

Tivoli: wide range of eating at Tivolis

Well wherever there are people en masse the next big money earner is stuff to put in peoples stomachs so here there is plenty to choose from -

from Danish sausages and coffee to chocolates and Haribo (which we didnt resist the temptation of!) sweet cables to international food pavilions and a sit down Chinese or Japanese restaurant with excellent views of the christmas lights around the lake!

Half the fun is having a bit of this and a bit of that!

angiebabe's Profile Photo
Jun 21, 2007

I can't reember: Danish food - pizza hehehe

It was on Tivoli that we eated our first non fastfood meal: lasagna and coke heheheh a very typical danish meal heheheheh
That happened because on that time we were very short with money...

NunoF's Profile Photo
Jan 12, 2004

TIVOLI - many different restaurants: TIVOLI

TIVOLI - the world famous amusement park (that gave Walt Disney the idea to creat Disneyland) was build in 1843 by Gerog Carstensen.
Besides being an amusement park TIVOLI also host concerts, theatre-shows and have it's own mucical guard (10-16 year old boys)
The park is also full of nice restaurants and is one of the most important "MUST SEE"s when being in Copenhagen/Denmark.

Btw: do you thing it is a covicidence that if you spell TIVOLI from the back that it says: "I lov' it"???

Favorite Dish I know it's a bit "cheap" to write the same as in my "must do" - but TIVOLI is an amusement park with lost of posibilities.
The restaurants in TIVOLI are many and several of them carry traditional danish food - so it absolutely something to check out!

Christina1881's Profile Photo