More Safety Tips in Haute-Normandie

Warning for the tides.
    by breughel
    Bunker on the beach of Etretat
    Don't feed the seagulls.

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Haute-Normandie

• diosh's Profile Photo

Baware of hot drinks served on the car ferry!

by diosh Written Oct 7, 2009

I just thought I'd add this, as I just looked at the photo of my bruised leg, at my 'Stranded in the Pub' Meet!
    I was struggling to open the extremely tight lid on the paper cup of boiling water- that was the the DIY way drinks are served on the ship. One has the tea bag in a separate foil packet, equally impossible to open!
    Eventually the lid came off and the force that was required meant the whole lot spilled onto my lap!
    I suffered, as I discovered later, 2nd degree burns on my thighs and stomach.
    This seriously impeded my holiday- this ocurred on the outward trip!I've since taken this up with the ferry company- highlighting the stupid way they have of 'serving' hot drinks. For anyone more decrepit than I,they would have a similar accident, trying to open the cup!
    After informing the company of my accident, caused by their 'serving' method, I received a huge bouquet of flowers.
    I have since received a very nice cheque, to recompense for the difficulties I suffered during my holiday-( being in extreme pain and having to dress the wounds myself every day). and a promise that their drinks methods will be reviewed on all their ships! So- result!

Photos to follow!

• Beaches

Add to your Trip Planner

Haute-Normandie Hotels

• Mercure Rouen Champ de Mars

Stayed one night, hotel room was spacious, very clean and great view, hotel has underground parking,...

• La Musardiere

Route du Havre, Etretat, Haute-Normandie, 76790, France

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Solo

Instant Answers: Haute-Normandie

Comments

Haute-Normandie Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Haute-Normandie warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Haute-Normandie sightseeing.
Map of Haute-Normandie