Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
"Your day in Paris is completely tailored to match your sightseeing desires. Before your tour your private guide will contact you to discuss the things you want to see so that your logistics and itinerary can be arranged in advance saving you time.On the day of your tour meet your guide at your preferred central location and then set off by whatever means of transport is needed. Taxi rides and public transport are included but all meals activities and entrance fees are payable at your own expense.So what to see? That's up to you! Perhaps visit must-see sights like the ever-inspiring Eiffel Tower -- Paris’s undisputed architectural icon -- or the Basilica of Sacré-Coeur for sweep focus on the more offbeat Paris attractions like the Père Lachaise Cemetery – the city’s hauntingly beautiful graveyard – or let your guide introduce you to private parks that tourist maps miss. Below is a sample itinerary."
From EUR89.00

Private Tour: Explore Your Favorite Neighborhood in Paris
"Your morning or afternoon in Paris is completely tailored to match your interests. Your guide will contact you before your tour to discuss the things you want to see so that your logistics and itinerary can be arranged in advance. Choose one of seven nei Opéra/Louvre Montparnasse St-Germain-des-Prés Panthéon/Latin Quarter Montmartre or the Marais/Bastille. On the day of your tour your guide will meet you at your hotel or apartment in central Paris. Then
From EUR36.00

Private 2-Day Tour: Customize Your Perfect Stay in Paris
"You will need to contact your guide ahead of time to help set up your itinerary based on what you want to do and see during your two days in Paris. On the first day of your tour meet your guide at your preferred central Paris location then head out together to explore the City of Lights. Public transport is included but all meals activities and entrance fees are at your own expense.Paris has a multitude of offerings for nearly every type of traveler. Want to hit all the top Paris attractions such as the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral? Are you an art buff seeking to tackle the Louvre? Or would you rather explore off-the-beaten path neighborhoods such as the bohemian Montmartre district? It's up to you. Below is a sample itinerary to spark some ideas."
From EUR170.00

Moulin Rouge Tips (71)

Moulin Rouge: The one and only

I saw a show in Feb. 2015 at the Moulin Rouge. We paid about $170 USD per person, which included the 2-hour show, and half a bottle of champagne. I would say it great value for what we got - an amazing performance, great atmosphere in a one of a kind venue which is world famous. The acrobatic acts were amazing, and I also enjoyed the songs and the cabaret.

My only complaint is that the show is a little bit sexist in the sense that it is targeting a 'male gaze.' All the female performers are wearing thong-type bottoms which fully expose their buttocks, and most of them are completely topless as well. The men however, remained fully clothed for the entire show. Just seems a little unfair to me - having said that, the show doesn't come off as erotic or sexual in any way. It really felt like performers dancing, and their body parts just happen to be showing. I was still very impressed by the talent and choreography that went into the show.

I recommend booking your tickets as much as possible in advance. I went on a Monday night, and they filled up. There are lots of places in the area to grab dinner or food before the show. You can also reserve dinner with your ticket purchase, but it can cost an extra $100. Be prepared to spend even more if you're going on a holiday (ie: Valentine's Day)

Dress Code Dress up a bit for this event, business casual or even casually but dressed up with earrings or decent shows. On the e-ticket, it says that those dressed inappropriately will not be allowed to enter.

Arial_27's Profile Photo
Arial_27
Feb 21, 2015

Moulin Rouge: The old icon

No, we didn't enter!

However, more than a club with expensive drinks and naked women in elaborated shows, this is a city's icon, almost as Eiffel tower, impossible to pass by without a comment or a picture.

solopes's Profile Photo
solopes
Feb 02, 2015

Moulin Rouge: Moulin Rouge

The Moulin Rouge is known the world over for their famous "Can-Can" girls, this place is a must if you want to just feel a bit of old Paris.

I visited Moulin Rouge on my first visit to Paris, and although quite expensive, the show was pretty good.

After visiting Paris as many times as I have, I would say, skip this place. There are plenty of other places you can spend your money on.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Gypsystravels
Jan 24, 2013

Moulin Rouge: Ooh la la

The Moulin Rouge was built in 1885 and it was turned into a dance hall in 1900. The name translated means red windmill.
Famous for dancing girls and the Can Can, There are still shows daily today lunch is at 1pm and dinner at 7pm with the show starting 2 hours later..

alyf1961's Profile Photo

alyf1961's Profile Photo
alyf1961
Apr 09, 2012

Le Moulin Rouge: The famous Red Windmill

The Moulin Rouge is the best known night club-theater of Paris. It opended in1889 at the so-called Belle Epoque. 20 years later it was here where the Cancan got its fame. Later the building became a Music Hall and nowadays it's the center for revues.

Entrance fees are from 90€ to 200€

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v
Nov 06, 2011

Moulin Rouge: A temple of music and dance

When the music hall was opened in 1889, its owners, Oller and Zidler, claimed that it would become a temple of music and dance... A lot of people would agree, because this home of the can-can dance still offers a spectacular musical dance entertainment. However, the others would say that the tickets are overpriced... Perhaps one day I'll see it for myself.

Dress Code Neat, no jeans or trainers

viddra's Profile Photo
viddra

Moulin Rouge: A Night at the Cabaret

I realize there are many cabarets to choose from, but when you may only be in Paris once, how can you miss the most famous? This was a dream of my daughter's, so I went for it, and was certainly glad, as it was a terrific show. First of all, my daughter's wallet had been stolen that day, so she was down in the dumps, and this really did the trick. They do grab your camera from you, so don't have it out when you go in. We were seated at a table with two young men who had obviously been to the show before, and they may have been more entertaining than the show. Each act, all the way to the can can was wonderful, though, and I would do it again.
I did get my tickets on-line, which came with 1/2 bottle of champagne each; I noticed the men at our table had to pay for their champagne, so I think we got a pretty good deal, and it makes a difference which site you go through. We went to the late show, which was also cheaper. This was the site I found to be the cheapest at the time:

Dress Code Elegant attire is recommended for all shows.

Susumarie's Profile Photo
Susumarie
Nemorino's Profile Photo

Nemorino

"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
BeatChick's Profile Photo

BeatChick

"Perambulations in Paris!"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

shrimp56

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
breughel's Profile Photo

breughel

"PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
pfsmalo's Profile Photo

pfsmalo

"Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."

Moulin Rouge: The Show Not The Film

Two shows a night, and remember to book. The earlier show kicks off about 8 the later one 11.
A brilliant live show, with a bit of audience participation thrown in.

Dress Code Smart / Casual thru to dinner jackets.

travelswithsteve's Profile Photo
travelswithsteve
Apr 04, 2011

Moulin Rouge: Still not sure a tourist trap or nightlife tip

Well, when I was doing some research, all the vt´s agreed to put it into tourist traps, so we did not enter, but we passed by, during our night visit to Montmartre .....

I guess I would not pay 100 Euros for the show .... each person....

Carmela71's Profile Photo
Carmela71

Moulin Rouge: Moulin Rouge

Actually, I just saw the movie on DVD. At first it was a bit boring, but just when I wanted to give up, it became quite impressive despite the very thin story.

See the website below for more information on the real Moulin Rouge in Paris.

Dress Code Tie, I should think

ATLC's Profile Photo
ATLC

Moulin Rouge: Moulin rouge

Went to moulin rouge tonight, check your jacket is 2 euro so try to do without one, otherwise they will let you take it in just not on the chair back. We didn't have the dinner just the show at 9pm but drinks seemed reasonable at 12 euro extra. Don't worry about the dress regulation, it's not strict, I was living out of a backpack so wore jeans and casual shoes with no problem, would have been nice to dress for it though. Show was fantastic, don't miss it.

Dress Code As above

John8169
Apr 03, 2011

Things to Do Near Paris

Saint Roch Church - Eglise

If you are in Paris on a Tuesday (except in mid-summer) you can attend a noontime chamber music concert in the beautiful setting of the Saint-Roch Church, one of the oldest and largest churches in...

Palais Royal

If you understand French, you should have no trouble finding a guided walking tour of one of the districts of Paris on any day of the year. These are listed, for example, in a section called VISITES...

River Seine Cruises

Who wants to look further than Paris on foot, in a different way can go boating. From the water, the view of the beautiful historic buildings and bridges spectacular a very different from the side....

La Comédie Française

Founded in 1690 by Louis XIV, the Comédie Française is still going strong as the world's oldest theater troupe. Their repertoire consists mainly of classic French plays from the 17th and 18th...

Galerie Vivienne

This is one of several old galleries dating back to the early 19th Century. It was THE place to shop in its day and has had something of a resurgence in recent decades and is a great glimpse into...

Tuileries - Jardin des Tuileries

I realize that I have only really been to Paris once for any length of time, and that was in 1950 when I was 12. My only subsequent visit(s) were the equivalent of a day trip in 1964. I would come in...

Getting to Paris

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

Map