Map &

Best of Paris: Four Hours Bike Tour
From EUR32.00
Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
From EUR89.00

Altitude 95 - Now 58 Tour Eiffel Tips (10)

altitude 95: dont bother

i paid 225 euros for 3 people to eat here, my son was still hungry so we got some french fries later,the food was ok. the worst was i had to pay another 5 euro each to get up there.i would much rather recommend the boat trip on the seine

Favorite Dish my favorite dish was the salmon starter

Sep 01, 2008

Altitude 95: Worth the trip

The food was good. I had the pot roast, my daughter had the roast chicken, and my son had the hamburger, which was on the child's menu, but he's a child about his choices in food and they indulged him. The view is nice and when you have reservations here, you get to skip the long, long lines to buy tickets and to go up, making the cost of the food quite worth it.

Favorite Dish The chocolate cake that came with the pot roast meal was very good.

janiac's Profile Photo
Mar 24, 2008

Altitude 95: How ma ny MENUs are there ?

I have seen several good ratings, but the menus are not clear, even looking at the restaurant website.

Some info says EUR 35 ou EUR 60 for a standard menu. However, there is a "a la carte" menu also, showing several prices.

Can someone help here ?

Feb 27, 2008

Altitude 95: Go For the View - DON'T Stay for the Food!

I came here with a tour - eat dinner at the Eiffel Tower, then show at the Moulin Rouge. First of all, the Eiffel Tower is stunning - the view from the restaurant is breathtaking. The decor of the restaurant is lovely. The food was - just OK. We started with a pumpkin soup that was tasty, but the entree was a chicken dish that was chicken and rice with white gravy on a white plate. Very blah. The dessert was wonderful - a warm chocolate cake with hot chocolate pudding inside, topped with vanilla ice cream. Really, the dessert was quite good.

I suspect that the meal we received was a "tourist special" and perhaps the food would have been better if we came by ourselves and ordered off the menu. As it stands though, I would not return. I checked out the menu online while preparing to write this review, and I have to say the US$66 that I paid would have been better spent elsewhere. I'm glad I went once, but won't go back.

Favorite Dish The moelleux du chocolat, glace a la vanille Bourbon dessert I had was scrumptious! The warm cake and the ice cream - well, it was perfection on a plate!

TravellerMel's Profile Photo

15 Rue des Pyramides, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
32, rue Sainte Anne, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Altitude 95 - Eiffel Tower: A HUGE JOKE OF A RESTAURANT

A massive disapointment!
Reservations weeks in advance for new years day set menu (165 Euros). Arrived at Eiffel Tower to find that entrance area for restaurant is IMPOSSIBLE to find, finally found spot, its very hidden, only to find out we had to pay an additional 10 Euros for the elevator, crammed on elevator like sardines. Got to restaurant, ABSOLUTE CHAOS, waited 30 minutes in a jam packed lobby with other reservation holders while hostess tried to make sense of everyone's reservation. Fight in lobby ensued between two women and three men....lots of name calling, was insanity!! Finally called up into restaurant only to discover we were sitting no where near a window, so NO view....went to pull out chairs to sit down, both chairs were ripped up and being held together with duct tape. No acknowledgment by staff for over 30 minutes. Bathroom filthy. Came back to table, still no staff. Finally received ONE dried up bun to share between us, no butter. People all around us were highly complaining as woman was referring to the Altitude 95 restaurant as the "Attitude 95 restaurant". Small glass of champagne arrived when we paid for a bottle. Meals arrived at least an hour and a half into sitting there and were mediocre. Dessert arrived, my husbands was not at all what it was described on menu as. Huge confusion over bill, as we had paid by credit card online and of course we had our paperwork thank goodness showing good byes when we left.

Favorite Dish Nothing

Jan 07, 2008

Altitude 95: Don't both, not worth the money or time...

This will be short and sweet. My wife and I were in Paris for our honeymoon, so this was quite diappointing. We got there about 20 minutes before our 9:00 reservations and was greated by the hostess who was not very friendly. She said we could sit by the bar and order a drink or wait outside until 9:00. We waited at the bar and asked for a drink (and was told to wait a minute). Well, that minute become 15 so we went out and just took in the beauty of Paris at night for a few. THEN, the cattle car was emptied. Basically people were called by name and we were among the first seated. I say this because we were the last to be addressed by our waitress (who was also the manager on duty). We sat there as people whoe were seated 5-10 minutes were approached for their drink orders and served their drinks. After 25 (and I am not exagerating because we were seated at 9:05) we got up to leave (I told my wife I would wait until 9:30). We then asked to speak to the manager as we got to the receptionist post...the manager could care less. My wife was quite upset and after we spoke to the manager and after she said, "well you are not the only ones in the restaurant", we quietly left. Not what I expected.

Basically, Paris was overall great. We speak a little french and tried our best and got along very well, but this place was an anomoly. You would expect a lot more if you plan on dropping 200 euro. Paris is a great city with great food and great wait staff...I would recommend you look elsewhere for a romantic experience.

Sep 23, 2007

Altitude 95: Great views, good food and wine

Altitude 95 is not the nicest restaurant in the Eiffel Tower and it does seem to show its age when you sit in a torn booth seat and the table is severely scratched up. But the ambiance is good and the views are spectacular when you sit for a 7pm reservation in the spring. We were able to see the sun set, so had views from our seats for both the day and night.

We knew we were going to spend well over 100 euros for the two of us, so we were not at all surprised by the prices of this restaurant. The fixed menu is 50 euros and the wine is 25+ euros per bottle.

*We had our 1 year old son with us and were still able to have a very nice evening without feeling like we were bothering the other patrons. I informed them that we would have a baby with us beforehand, so they were able to place us in almost our own little private area and provided a highchair. The waiters were all very nice to our son and attempted to entertain him when they came by the table.

Favorite Dish I've only been once so I can't say this is a favorite dish, but I did enjoy my food and would recommend it for someone else.

I ordered the fixed menu and chose: the foie gras, tenderloin beef with polenta fries, and the cheesecake. My husband did not do the fixed menu and ordered: the carrot soup, the roasted chicken with rissoto, and the chocolate cake with bourbon ice cream. We also shared a bottle of chablis. We were not dissappointed with anything that we ordered and ate every bite.

It was my first time to ever have foie gras and I can honestly say that I absolutely loved it!!

crodri1's Profile Photo
Apr 05, 2007

Altitude 95: DO NOT EAT HERE.

On 12/18/2006 my family and were a part of a tour group from the UK to Paris. We had lunch at Altitude 95. It cost 200 USD for the 4 of us and was most definately NOT worth the money. The wait staff was inattentive and rather rude. The pinnacle of our experience came when my monther had asked for tea instead of the espresso at the end of the meal. The waiter cursed at her and snatched the espresso away. About 2 hours after drinking her tea she became violently ill. She was the only one of 14 people to experience this and all 14 people ate the exact same thing (the only exception being the tea). Needless to say we suspect the waiter put something in her tea.

There are many other eating establishments around the area with more reasonable prices and better service. I highly suggest finding one of those.

Dec 26, 2006
Nemorino's Profile Photo

"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
BeatChick's Profile Photo

"Perambulations in Paris!"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
breughel's Profile Photo

pfsmalo's Profile Photo

"Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."

Altitude 95: Dine here for the View ONLY

The food here is acceptable, nothing more. The real draw, of course, is what lies outside the windows. Nothing stood out amongst the appetizers or entrees. The steak frites is good. The wine list features many items that are available in the States. Don't order the Ile Flottante (Floating Island) for dessert. The meringue is made in huge blocks and cut ahead of time, so that when it arrives at your table the edges are hard and dry.

LilLibellule's Profile Photo
Nov 15, 2006

Altitude 95: Altitude 95 at Eiffel Tower

At the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. It has stunning views of the Seine and the Trocadero. Interior is Art Deco style. Their website refers to the atmosphere like being inside an airship moored over Paris.

Favorite Dish Good but unremarkable.

william_navigator's Profile Photo
Jan 01, 2006

Things To Do in Paris

Saint Roch Church - Eglise

If you are in Paris on a Tuesday (except in mid-summer) you can attend a noontime chamber music concert in the beautiful setting of the Saint-Roch Church, one of the oldest and largest churches in...

Palais Royal

If you understand French, you should have no trouble finding a guided walking tour of one of the districts of Paris on any day of the year. These are listed, for example, in a section called VISITES...

River Seine Cruises

Who wants to look further than Paris on foot, in a different way can go boating. From the water, the view of the beautiful historic buildings and bridges spectacular a very different from the side....

La Comédie Française

Founded in 1690 by Louis XIV, the Comédie Française is still going strong as the world's oldest theater troupe. Their repertoire consists mainly of classic French plays from the 17th and 18th...

Galerie Vivienne

This is one of several old galleries dating back to the early 19th Century. It was THE place to shop in its day and has had something of a resurgence in recent decades and is a great glimpse into...

Tuileries - Jardin des Tuileries

I realize that I have only really been to Paris once for any length of time, and that was in 1950 when I was 12. My only subsequent visit(s) were the equivalent of a day trip in 1964. I would come in...

Getting to Paris

1st floor, Eiffel Tower

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!