Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

All-Inclusive 6-hour Tour of Paris
"Take a relaxed private guided walk through Paris from Notre-Dame Cathedral and the city’s medieval period through the late 19th century and the Paris of today.This 6-hour tour not only gives you an overview of the city’s architecture history and the history of art it also presents you with an image of the role and importance of Paris throughout European history.If your visit to Paris is a short one you’ll see all the highlights on this tour and get a good idea of what the city has to offer. If you’re staying for a longer period
From EUR350.00

French Wine Tasting in Paris
"Relax in an elegant wine bar in central Paris and begin your French wine-tasting experience! With a professional sommelier taste several award-winning French wines from different regions in France such as Sancerre Champagne and Bordeaux. Learn about the history of French wine how to read a wine label and the different wine-making regions in France. You can also purchase any of your favorite wines at the end of your tasting.You have four options to choose from:1-hour wine tasting: During this simple introduction to French wine learn expert wine-tasting techniques while sampling three carefully selected French wines.1.5-hour wine tasting with cheese and charcuterie lunch: This more in-depth session includes a tasting of five French wines accompanied by artisanal bread cheese and charcuterie (cured meats)
From EUR47.00

Wine Tasting in Paris with Cheese and Charcuterie Lunch
"Start your Parisian wine tasting and lunch at midday in an elegant wine bar in a beautiful wine cellar in central Paris. Taste five wines served in Riedel wine glasses from different regions in France including Bordeaux Sancerre Champagne and Rhone. Your expert host a trained sommelier will guide you through the wine-tasting process and teach you some techniques on how to fully appreciate the different wines included in your tasting. As you savor the flavors
From EUR75.00

Au Pied Du Cochon Tips (9)

Au Pied Du Cochon: sad

Was recommended to this place and went to their website....it was Christmas eve and the menu looked amazing. Upon seating, turns out two of the key things offered for Christmas Eve were not available for Christmas Eve...the waiters were indifferent to me and the service was so so...no help and frankly, no concern about my experience. Would rather dine with Heatmiser than return to this place.

theJJMckay
Dec 24, 2014

au pied du cochon: Fantastic

3 AM....1966......Les Halles was still in business and the restaurants didn't even open until late cause that's when everyone was coming to work!!!! There I was with friends in tow at Au Pied du Cochon......WONDERFUL onion soup (from what I read from recent reviews the recipe hasn't changed) and vin blanc!!!!!!What a great memory!

maddog1944
Feb 10, 2012

Au Pied de Cochon: Terrible, Anti-American Rude Behavior

Terrible!! Anti-American, you can do without, rude behavior. My wife, daughter and I went there for the French Onion Soup, we were told it would be a 2 minute wait. After over an hour and watching many who came in after us seated I asked what was going on. I pointed out that our name was in the middle of their sheet with all before and about four after us crossed out. I was rudely told they all had reservations and that I would be seated sometime between now and Christmas! I went back, talked to my wife and we decided to leave, on our way out, they found a table. Mistake, service was terrible, took another hour to be served and then the food was cold; rather than send it back, we just paid and left. I'll never go back! We truly felt they were punitive for us having the gull to ask how much longer, we felt they missed with us and the food.

Dinubadave
Aug 22, 2011

Au Pied Cochon: The French Onion Soup Is as good as they say

I was not expecting much except a big tourist trap with all the stuff I have read on the internet. As it turned out the French Onion Soup was great and a meal in itself, it would make a great lunch it is huge. We also decided to get some Langoustines(sp). They were good but, not much better than shrimp and not as good as lobster, also harder to get at the meat. The bread and wine were great. The bill was a little high but a nice place for lunch. Good People watching too if you sit near the outside or outside. It's worth a visit.

Favorite Dish The French Onion soup may have been the best I have had.

jnyvegas's Profile Photo

64 rue de l'Arbre Sec, 75001
85 rue Saint-Honore, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
48 rue de l'Arbre Sec, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
5, rue des Bons Enfants, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Au paid de cochon: Wonderful escargot and the best onion soop!

Comfortable setting. Good service. On three floors. They work 24 hours. I saw people eating and drinking wine at 7 AM in a morning there.
We could not resist to spend money there because it was simple but very good.
Poor selection of wines, though.
They don't accept reservations between 9 and 10 PM. People start to appear at tables at 8 PM.

Favorite Dish Best of onion soops!
Very good escargot! I love snails again!
Crepers "flambe" was great!
Eerything else is very good!

aquatic's Profile Photo
aquatic
Jul 29, 2008

Au Pied Du Cochon: onion soup at 3AM

an institution in the old Les Halles neighborhood. open 24/7. ambiance is on the more formal side with waiters in tuxedos. easy walk from The Marais or the Left Bank. on the expensive side, especially carrying dollars. start with a glass of champagne, a dozen escargots, a bowl of onion soup(their specialty) and an entrecote or the other indescribable organ list that they offer. salade Oscar igs good, a meal in itself. all in all a worthwile stop on the Parisian scene.

Favorite Dish "Soupe a l'onion" a great big bowl of authentic onion soup covered with melted cheeze, the type of which I do not exactly know. it's a meal in itself. for desert, the "famous" bab au rum with fresh cream. then straight to the gym or walk five miles around Paris.

tonylaurian's Profile Photo
tonylaurian
May 22, 2008

Au Pied du Cochon: Au Pied de Cochon

For Valentine's Day dinner, I opted for Au Pied de Cochon, feet of the pig, so named because they are famous for their pig trotters in bearnaise sauce! This is an historic open 24/7 brasserie owned by Les Frères Blan located a few steps away from Eglise St-Eustache. If you're in town during the holidays and are wondering where you should eat, this is a great bet.

Because it was Valentine's Day the line to wait was long but the restaurant had set up a system where you could order a drink at the bar while you pass through the line. The wait ended up only being 20 minutes and the drink was wonderful: some red fruity concoction with a sugar-rimmed glass with an umbrella in it.

A gentleman, his daughter and her boyfriend were seated next to me. He was eating choucroute and for some reason he offered me a bite of it. The sauerkraut wasn't as sour as it is here in the US and it was a bit dryer than it's served here but to me it was absolutely perfect!

Since I'd already had the onion soup at Flore I just went with the Entrecôte de Boeuf de Race Normande Grillée with the Bearnaise sauce & Pommes Pont-Neuf Maison, otherwise known as frites (33€). I can remember medium (à point) and well-done (bien cuit) but couldn't think of what it would be for medium well so ordered it bien cuit. Quite good but most likely would've been better had it been medium well. The frites were great and was accompanied by a small salad.

Dessert was profiteroles - choux pastry puffs filled with ice cream with a hot dark chocolate syrup poured over all (9€). My friend, Sandye, had warned me that they were nothing special & she was right. I only ate one. The choux puff pastry was tough. Can someone tell me what the big deal is with profiteroles or where I can find outstanding ones, because I just don't get the allure. I should just stick with crème brûlèe.

I did get a lovely single rose on my way out the door which helped soothe the pangs of a being in Paris on Valentine's Day without my family.

Favorite Dish Steak was very good. Next time I'd like to try their soupe à l'oignon gratinée as I hear it's wonderful! I'd also LOVE to try the choucroute next time.

They also have a Cochon Express Menu

Photos: February 2006

BeatChick's Profile Photo
BeatChick
Jan 06, 2008

Au Pied du Cochon: Au Pied de Cochon Famous French Brasserie

“Les Freres Blanc”, a famous French restaurant group, is running the famous Parisian brasserie « Au Pied de Cochon » restaurant in Paris. The restaurant is located 6, rue Coquillière in Paris 75001. The French onion soup is some of the best in the city. The signature dish is grilled "pig foot" with bearnaise sauce. The raw bar features seafood flown in fresh daily: shrimp, crabs, clams, mussels, oysters, lobster and mussels. Diners should leave room to sample some of Au Pied de Cochon’s delicious desserts, one fine choice is the creme caramel. The chocolate mousse, served in chilled cups, is equally satisfying. This sinfully decadent concoction sates even the most demanding sweet tooth. The brasserie can satiate any craving for French fare, 24 hours a day.

Favorite Dish The signature dish is grilled "pig foot" with bearnaise sauce

ABEMADI
Nov 20, 2007
Nemorino's Profile Photo

Nemorino

"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
BeatChick's Profile Photo

BeatChick

"Perambulations in Paris!"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

shrimp56

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
breughel's Profile Photo

breughel

"PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
pfsmalo's Profile Photo

pfsmalo

"Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."

Au Pied du Cochon: oink oink

Was taken here with a bunch of Brits, on a trade mission. They were a little bemused by people eating every bit of the pig, but I was unfazed, being used to pigs trotters, chicken feet and worse appearing at the dinner table.
Worth a visit...

Favorite Dish the trotters!!

iaint's Profile Photo
iaint
Sep 16, 2007

Things to Do Near Au Pied Du Cochon

Saint Eustache Church - Eglise

Saint-Eustache is a church built between 1532 and 1632. I don't remember where I read that: "It is another Parisian gothic gem. The church's reputation was strong enough of the time for it to be...

O Chateau - Wine Tasting

My wife and I attended the'Tour de France' tasting with O Chateau. It was one of the highlights of our trip. The wines were all yummy. The presentation was fun, very informative. The sommelier made us...

Rue Montorgueil

Rue Montorgueil is a trendy cobblestone pedestrian street between rue Turbigo and rue Réamur. It is loaded with patisseries, boulangeries, fromageries, boutiques and cafés. It's a great place to go to...

Square du Vert Galant

The square du Vert Galant is a peaceful park at the end of the Île de la Cité. I can advice you to have a rest here after a long journey visiting the most tourisc spots in town, not only because of...

Galerie Vivienne

This is one of several old galleries dating back to the early 19th Century. It was THE place to shop in its day and has had something of a resurgence in recent decades and is a great glimpse into...

Samaritaine

At street level on one of the empty Samaritaine buildings on Rue de Rivoli, a block-long mural describes the development of this part of Paris from the middle ages to the present. The slogan in huge...

Getting to Au Pied Du Cochon