Map &

Paris Evening Bike Tour and 1-hour Seine River Cruise
From EUR39.00

Chez Papa Tips (7)

Chez Papa: South West France cuisine

This is part of a small chain. I have only tried this one so cannot comment on the others.
The menu is heavy on meats and South West France ingredients: peppers (bell, not chili), espelette chili, duck confit, cassoulet, grilled cuts of beef etc.

They also offer 2 tartare: salmon and beef. I went with the beef tartare with confiture de piment d'espelette and I was not disappointed. I also had an apple tart and it was very good.

Favorite Dish The beef tartare is presented to be assembled and not already prepared. This is rare these days and I prefer it. You can see exactly what goes in and can adjust the flavour to your taste. The espelette jam is a very good addition here as it has a small kick and a sweet base so it adds a lot of flavour without too much heat. I really enjoyed this!
The potatoes served with my tartare were so-so and a bit too greasy,

adelinemmc's Profile Photo
Jun 25, 2014

Chez Papa 15: Très bonne ambiance

Youhou grosse ambiance Chez papa au 101 r Croix Nivert dans le 15e, je vou conseille d’allé y manger, nous on prefere dans la semaine, le week-end etant légèrement bruyant

Favorite Dish Foie gras pour le goût traditionnel du terroir et escargots pour la sauce savoureuse !

Mar 06, 2013

chez papa: delightful service and whatsmore the food is super

when I went i was only 14 years old with my family, we were amazed at the menu and the friendly service. I returned 2 years later at 16 years old in 2010 and found the same owner as friendly as ever on a tuesday night. we had one waiter who was a people person he spoke fluent english whereas only my father and sister new fluent french, we were the only english in the restaurant and after 10 in the evening the music started to play, we stayed for hours at one point we were about to leave and then we heard that a singer had just arrived to join the jazz band. we stayed for another hour. For our starter we had a traditional style of garlic bread, for our main course I tried veal for the first time, it was extremely tender and the light meat melted like butter in my mouth, it was the best meat from a cow i had ever tasted, for desert i had a delectable chocolate mousse like ice cream with a light frothy layer of whipped cream on top. I would recommend that anyone wherever you go in france find the nearest chez papa and enjoy the musical accompaniment to the food and let the music change the way the food tastes with the way it relaxes your mood I recommend this restaurant as an end of the week meal to relax. the restaurant i visited was 3 rue st benoit, st german des pres.

Favorite Dish i dont know the name but it was a delightful veal dish

Feb 09, 2011

Chez Papa: Young, non-touristy, homey, abundant...

....and delicious food--and quite affordable. I've been returning to this restaurant for close to fifteen years. Their Boyarde Salade is comfort food to me when I'm on the road. It is a meal in itself. If I go there alone, I get this only as it is enough. If I take friends, we share appetizers. After reading reviews here, I will try the location on Rue La Fayette--I would love to meet Papa!

Favorite Dish Boyarde Salade--the hot fried potatoes and prosciutto make this a meal

Sep 02, 2009

10 rue Saint Hyacinthe, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
15 Rue des Pyramides, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
32, rue Sainte Anne, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Chez Papa: tout les prat

Je sui né au Brésil, dejá habteé en Franche pour 4 anné, juste au Port dI'tally, acouté de Chez Papa. Mantennam je abite au Brésil, me, je rapelle toute les jours qui je vá monger du restaurant chez.
Escuse moi, ma letre.
Lucélio Costa.

Aug 20, 2009

Chez Papa: Genuine French Experience

Atmosphere was great from the minute we walked into this restaurant. The place was packed full of locals who were very friendly and keen to talk to us. We seemed to be the only tourists in the restaurant and we were given the 1 english menu and also a French one. The meal was fabulous but this restaurant is all about the experience. It was very casual and one of our top nights out in Paris. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to any of my friends. I will be returning next time i am visiting.

Mar 23, 2009

Chez Papa: Hmm not quite what I hoped for!

The food was very chunky, common of south west of France. My dinner mate and I found it quite hard to swallow. Perhaps we got the wrong thing on the menu, but after hearing so much about the place I was desperate to go.

We managed to share two starters between us and were stuffed. If you don't like heavy food or very strong cheese and lots of ham, then avoid some of the starters.

Favorite Dish I don't have a favourite, as I wasn't too keen on what I had. It was a 'Savoyarde salad' consisting of starchy potatoes, very strong cheese that tasted like soap and ham slices with lettuce and a thick dressing. This is typical of the south west of France apparently.

I know that I should give it another try though, next time I'll go for something completely different!

bisous333's Profile Photo
Jan 25, 2008
Nemorino's Profile Photo

"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
BeatChick's Profile Photo

"Perambulations in Paris!"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
breughel's Profile Photo

pfsmalo's Profile Photo

"Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."

Things To Do in Paris

Saint Roch Church - Eglise

If you are in Paris on a Tuesday (except in mid-summer) you can attend a noontime chamber music concert in the beautiful setting of the Saint-Roch Church, one of the oldest and largest churches in...

Palais Royal

If you understand French, you should have no trouble finding a guided walking tour of one of the districts of Paris on any day of the year. These are listed, for example, in a section called VISITES...

River Seine Cruises

Who wants to look further than Paris on foot, in a different way can go boating. From the water, the view of the beautiful historic buildings and bridges spectacular a very different from the side....

Comedie Francaise

Founded in 1690 by Louis XIV, the Comédie Française is still going strong as the world's oldest theater troupe. Their repertoire consists mainly of classic French plays from the 17th and 18th...

Galerie Vivienne

This is one of several old galleries dating back to the early 19th Century. It was THE place to shop in its day and has had something of a resurgence in recent decades and is a great glimpse into...

Tuileries - Jardin des Tuileries

I realize that I have only really been to Paris once for any length of time, and that was in 1950 when I was 12. My only subsequent visit(s) were the equivalent of a day trip in 1964. I would come in...

Getting to Paris

Various locations

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!