Map &

"Paris Sightseeing
From EUR34.00

L'As Du Falafel Tips (8)

L'As Du Falafel: Tasty Falafel

L'As du Fallafel is a Middle Eastern(they are Kosher BTW) restaurant located in the Marais. I am a fan of falafel and they make a very tasty one here. This is a popular place so the line does get long for both dine in and take out options. The system is pretty easy; place your order for food and drink choice, pay your money and your are handed a ticket. Wait in line and once you are up to the take out window; hand them your ticket and get your food. Their falafel is in a warm pita filled with veggies and the sauce is so very tasty. It is a big portion so come here hungry or you might be left throwing out the remainder.

I came here twice during my most recent stay in Paris; once with my wife and once with a co-worker. I was pleased with both experiences. If you are a fan of Falafel then please come here and try for yourself.

cjg1's Profile Photo
Jul 19, 2016

L'As du Falafel: Best Falafel I've ever had!

This place has been written up so many times and many people here on VT recommend it, but until you've tried their falafal you won't quite understand all the fuss.

Located in the Marias section of Paris in a small cobblestone street where many other falafal and bakery shops are located is L'As du Falafal. The restaurant front is painted in bright green, you can't miss it. As you approach a line will probably be formed and a guy will take your order and your payment on the spot. You hand the paper to the guy at the window and viola, your deliciously tasting falafal is handed to you!!!!

There is also a "full service" restaurant located right next door with some tables and what I would say the cleanist bathroom I have ever seen in a restaurant :) Or, right out front there are a few scattered tables where we decided to sit and eat our falafal and enjoy the warm sun and people watching :)

The falafal was so delicious!! Everything was fresh, tasty and quite filling!

Favorite Dish We had the falafal at about 7 Euros each.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Jan 25, 2013

L'As Du Fallafel: Good Inexpensive Middle Eastern Choice

There is always a tout outside trying to steer customers to this place. He'll quickly provide you with a reprint of a NEW YORK TIMES article declaring it the "Best" Fallafel. But there's competition right across the street if you want to be your own judge.

TexasDave's Profile Photo
Dec 30, 2010

So I have to say, I recently moved to Paris from the U.S and after going out one night some friends took us for a Falafel in the Marais, big dissapointment. Not only was it not a falafel, it wasnt even close. I saw lots of Arabic food there and lots of Eastern European food as well but no falafel. We had some sandwiches that tasted like a salad stuffed in bread with hot sauce. IT was ok, but it wasnt a falafel! Who puts hot sauce on a falafel???? While my friends in the Marais can try to market their sandwiches to unknowing tourists as Falafel, the sandwich I had was surely not!

Thank my heavans though when I happened to fall upon a place called Le Baron, (not sure if it is spelled correctly) it is on Rue Washington) right off of Paris' most beautiful street, the Champs elysee'! They have great Falafel, I would say the best in town. The place is small, fast and has a pick up window just like in the Marais except you get an amazing sandwich! No offense to the other guys, but keep on trying. You might get it one day...

Favorite Dish Falafel , Falafel, Falafel, their shawarma is also pretty good, just tell them to hold off on the garlic and onions, wheewww!! They make a really good falafel, made with real toasted, Syrian bread (pita bread for you tourists) some pickled turnips, tahini sauce and some fresh peppers on the side. mmm, mmmm good!

Jan 16, 2010
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near L'As Du Falafel

64-66 Avenue de Selves, Sarlat-la-Caneda, 24200, France
19 rue de Rivoli, 4th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75004, France
12 rue Vieille du Temple, 04 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75004, France
19 Rue du Bourg-Tibourg, 04 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75004, France
22 rue Sainte-Croix de la Bretonnerie, 04 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75004, France
42 bis Rue de Rivoli, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75004, France

L'As du Falafel: Lenny Kravitz' Favorite Falafel Place in Paris

L'As du Fallafel
34 Rue des Rosiers

This is the famed L'As du Fallafel, made all the more famous because it's the favorite fallafel place of Lenny Kravitz. Known for being one of the best cheap meals in Paris, there's a walk-up window where you may place your order, pick it up, and proceed down the rue des Rosiers while eating your fallafel. Because this is a Jewish establishment, this place is closes 6pm Friday, but reopens 6pm Saturday. The best thing is that you'll find it open on Sundays!

When I popped by last November they were inexplicably closed with the façade of the restaurant side washed (and mere months after my photo made it into the article below). I read a blog of someone who lives in Paris who said sometimes it closes with no explanation. Hopefully, it's still up & running when I return!

If it's closed when you visit, you might want to try %L]Chez Hanna%L8 just down the street to the west.

New York Magazine contacted me 3/20/07 to use this photo for their website - said it was the best photo they'd found on the web! They selected it to use for their 5-Point Weekend Escape Plan - Paris stories entitled:
"Where to Stay, Eat, and Score Vintage Couture"

Favorite Dish Fallafels

Photos: February 2006 & November 2007

BeatChick's Profile Photo
Jan 20, 2008

L'As du Falafel: Fabulous Fallafel!

Small hole-in-the wall restaurant with a to-go window. The line is long here for take out. There's seating for about 30 people and the place is always packed!

Favorite Dish My friend Louisa and I were in Paris May 2006 and for dinner one night we went to L’As du Fallafel. We both ordered their Fallafel Special (6.50€): A large pita bread over stuffed with fallafel, hummus, grilled eggplant, cabbage, radish, tomato, cucumber. On the table was hot sauce, which we added to our sandwich. This was quite filling and so delicious! The hummus was the best I have ever tasted! We shared a small bottle of red wine. Total 15.50€ per person. We had a nice list of restaurants to choose from for our time in Paris and we both wish we had returned here for dinner (or lunch) on another day. This is a place I highly recommend and I can't wait to return to Paris to enjoy another Special!

mpileggi's Profile Photo
Aug 24, 2007

L'As du Falafel: The Best Falafel

as much as we had heard about the place, it did not disappoint us. It was worth a trip to this Jewish quarter. The food was great and would definitely return. There are couple of Falafel places near this one, so beware and do not step in to the wrong one.

Aug 17, 2007

L'as du Fallafel: Middle eastern surprise

What a nice surprise of a restaurant - actually they are part sit down and part fast-food take away. The service is brisk and friendly. The food was excellent. I had a chicken schnitzel and my husband enjoyed a fallafel sandwich. We were impressed by the large and dedicated following they seemed to have. As we exited, there was a crowd waiting in line at the take away window. It was a most delicious eating/cultural experience and we are glad we took the chance. The restaurant is located in the heart of the Marais district (4th arrondissement) of Paris, on rue des Rosiers. The street offers a lively assortment of Jewish shops and eateries.

Favorite Dish Poulet schnitzel was very good. Offered with salad, french fries, slaw and hummus.

pabrams52's Profile Photo
Apr 06, 2006
Nemorino's Profile Photo

"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
BeatChick's Profile Photo

"Perambulations in Paris!"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
breughel's Profile Photo

pfsmalo's Profile Photo

"Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."

Things To Do Near L'As Du Falafel

Marais District - Le Marais

After several visits to Paris always skipping this quarter, I spent there a full week. It gave me a new image of this trendy area, where many recent investments didn't compromise its history and...

Musee Carnavalet

I think that I will leave 160 years. I hope so, because this will be the only way to have time to visit fifty percent of the museums in Paris. Carnavalet Museum is planned to 2036, which means that I...

Hotel de Ville - City Hall

It's a pleasure to look at the Hôtel de Ville de Paris from the Île Saint-Louis across the Seine. The City of Paris's administration is housed in nothing less than a Renaissance Palace built in 1533...

Musee Picasso - Picasso Museum

This not one of those Ah-Ha Museums where you keep running into famous paintings that you have been seeing reproductions of for the past half century. On the contrary, most of the artworks in this...

Bike About Tours

Hi there, Friends recently visited Paris and to explore the city in a relaxed, safe & fun way the best thing to do is a bike tour (according to them). They enjoyed a guided bike tour with a very nice...

Place des Vosges

The oldest square in Paris it is one of the first examples of symmetrical planning. Built in 1604, king Henry IV ordered that the 34 buildings linking the royal pavilions (king's and queen's...

Getting to L'As Du Falafel