Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Paris Private 2-Hour Walking Tour of Latin District
"Once you meet your guide at the designated meeting point you will head off to the famous Shakespeare & Company bookshop frequented in the past by great writers like Hemingway Fitzgerald Millen and Joyce. Later trampling on the soil of an ancient Merovingian cemetery you will discover the legend of St. Julian the Poor and the origins of the university in France. Passing by Cluny Museum
From EUR33.00

Paris Latin Quarter and Notre-Dame Cathedral Private Walking Tour
"Explore the Latin Quarter the most popular part of Paris' Left Bank. A 2hr private tour of the Latin Quarter an area that has inspired countless artistic genius' Hemingway Woody Allen Salvador Dali to name just a few. Home to the Sorbonne University Pantheon the world-famous Shakespeare and Co. bookstore and the breathtaking Luxembourg Gardens. This Private Tour will take you to the core of Paris' history from the Medieval times to its present day bohemian culture preserved in this charming student's village."
From EUR105.00

Medieval Paris Private Tour
"Explore life in Paris 800 years ago on a 2-hour tour of the most important medieval sites in the city including the Hotel de Cluny Notre-Dame Cathedral and Fountain of the Innocents. Your guide will tell you about the culture art and architecture of the Middle Ages while walking along Medieval streets to discover facades that retain their Medieval symbols.Along the way visit the imposing Notre-Dame de Paris
From EUR150.00

Le Petit Prince De Paris Tips (4)

Le Petit Prince de Paris: Lovely place, great food!

Thanks to fellow VTer daveq we found the wonderful, reasonably priced and pretty much local Le Petit Prince du Paris. It is tucked away in a short, narrow alley-like street next to the Sorbonne, has a beautiful bright red front and a stairway that goes nowhere bedecked with a statue that looks like it belongs on the front of a ship. A quirky but lovely and very busy place where you will hear mostly French. The ambience is quite inviting and the service friendly and efficient and the food marvelous. The tables are closely placed which means that, if you so desire, you can engage in friendly conversation with strangers. My kids struck up a conversation with a Danish couple at the next table. In my opinion these little momentary exchanges enhance the experience and value of travel.

Favorite Dish My appetizer was for me an unusual but very tasty tomato pie. It was a thin round pastry topped with baked tomato and basil sorbet. I found an herb sorbet out of the ordinary but enjoyed its mildly sweet taste and cold texture enhanced the tomato and pastry. I was surprised after I ordered lamb stew to hear my granddaughter who is 15 order it as well. Mine was well enjoyed and she raved about hers. For dessert I had a warm apple pie (see the photo). I know it was freshly made as you have to order it with your entree to give them time to prepare it. My 12 year old grandson was yearning chocolate mousse and luckily found it here as we did not find it anywhere else. He of course loved it. My French friend back in Decatur who owns our favorite (French) cafe said that she thought some of the new laws there prohibit the use of raw eggs in restaurant food. As you are painfully aware the sinking dollar has made Paris expensive but dinner for 10 of us here including 3 or 4 bottles of wine and desserts all around totalled only 354 Euros. These days this is a real bargain in Paris

rexvaughan's Profile Photo
rexvaughan
Feb 06, 2010

Le Petit Prince de Paris: The Best Food Found In Paris

After reading a tip about Le Petit Prince we decided to give it a try when we were in Paris January 2009. We loved it so much we went back the next day for a different and again fabulous dinner. Not only is the staff very helpful and friendly, the food is excellent. It is definitely made with care and love. Choice of spices with eloquence and in perfect taste. Alltogether we will go again when in Paris and will tell all our friends to go there when in Paris.
It is open every day from 19.30 until midnight. It is gay-friendly but just as friendly to hetero couples.

Josara
Jan 24, 2009

Le Petit Prince De Paris: "Petit"in its name, "Grand" in its fame and taste!

I have visited this precious restaurant twice. Once 2 years ago when i was in Paris for vacation and a french friend took me there. I was just amazed. A few days ago I took my mother to this place and she had a delightful experience. She was really excited. And I was too, as I realized that Le Petit Prince had become even more Grand in everything: the food, the people, the hosts, the ambiance.

All the staff was so friendly and willing to serve us even though it was a very busy Saturday evening. What i particularly like about this place is that it's very very cosy, warm, elegant and non-touristic.

The dishes are very well attended both in terms of flavor and appearance. The prices are very reasonable. You can eat a great dish and a dessert with 31€. And if i remember correctly, there are cheaper set menus too.

All in all this is a great place to have a superb meal in a very nice Parisian district.

Favorite Dish I had the duck with lychees which was a very creative combination. Also the chocolate soufle/tarte like with cherries is a wonder for desert.

raz1980
May 23, 2008

La Petite Prince de Paris: Very Fancy, But not the best service!

Well, this was our first meal in France, and I was very pleased with it overall, but my husband was not. It was a cute place, but very dark, in the Latin Quarter. I think that Scott and I were simply used to the "American Way" of dining which includes large portions!

I had: scallop and zucchini flan, whole seabass w/ rice pilaf, and fruit sorbet w/ vodka (yum!) for dessert. I was very pleased and overall full after the meal.

Scott had: cheese creme brulee w/ ham, beef w/ potatoes, and milleduex for desert. He wanted crackers to supplement when we got home!

Overall, I was happy with just being in Paris, so I did not care! There was also very good bread to start and excellent wine! Who needs more than bread and vino? :-)

Favorite Dish Great scallop and zucchini flan!

midwesttrvlr's Profile Photo