Eiffel Tower, Paris

4.5 out of 5 stars 601 Reviews

Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France,75007 Paris, France +33 892 70 12 39
Don't miss these tickets and tour deals!
Get best Eiffel Tower rates on Viator
  • Eiffel Tower
    by beach7863

• Trip to Paris

by poojakamthe1989 Written Jul 1, 2016

One of the most memorable trip of my lifetime..Enjoyed alot..
    Paris is incomplete without a visit to any of these. From the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe and from the Notre Dame Cathedral to the Place de la Concorde, all are stunning, and not to be missed. Of course, the Eiffel Tower is the highlight of Paris vacations. A view from its top is captivating, revealing Paris in all its splendour. Paris holiday packages also offer sightseeing tours covering its various museums including the Louvre, Fragonard Perfume Museum, the Centre Pompidou and the Musee d'Orsay. Be it family holidays or honeymoon, whatever you travel to Paris for, the entertainment options are limitless: visit the many bars, enjoy the opera or groove to the many jazz or rock concerts. For honeymoon couples, a walk along the River Seine is a must!

• kiran_khat's Profile Photo

Awesome experience

by kiran_khat Written May 20, 2016

I Had been at Eiffel tower for one day. U can roam around the nearby places to view some beautiful museums, palace, assembly house as well. Beauty of Eiffel tower has to be seen twice in a day.. View during the night is THE BEST ..hope i could have more time to visit the nearby places...Enjoyed our journey to the CITY OF LOVE...

Tip Tip Tip Tip Tip

• solopes's Profile Photo

The Last Time

by solopes Updated Apr 6, 2016

Yes, we've been in Eiffel tower, and went up to the top.
    It's beautiful and expensive, and, once done it's done.

Yes, we did it one second time, still beautiful as in the first one.
    No need to repeat...

We did it a third time. And a fourth...
    Now for sure: the fourth was the last one.

I guess: when will it be the fifth?

Not yet, but my grandson is already four years old...

Paris - France Paris - France Paris - France Paris - France

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

You have to Look

by DEBBBEDB Updated Jan 25, 2016

In 1976 when BB visited with our grandmother, she said it was too foggy to go up, so they went on a city tour instead. Later they did go. She wrote, "It took us two hours to get to the top. Then we came down eventually. .. and ate dinner on the first level. "

When Barb's family visited in 2009 (photo 3), the lines were still too long so they didn't go up either.

Directions: You can't miss it!!!

From the Eiffel Tower - 1976 Looking up from under the Eiffel Tower Landmark kids in Dec 2009 - still the line was too long Eiffel tower on the skyline
    • School Holidays

• NadineK5's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower - Book in advance or go early

by NadineK5 Written Aug 25, 2015

We unfortunately did not book tickets in advance to visit the Eiffel Tower. We also did not think it a good idea since we visited Paris end of April and the weather would be very unpredictable.
    However, we chose to visit on the last day of our trip and it was pouring with rain, so having a ticket in advance would've been helpful. We did fall in line quite early so the wait wasn't that long.

It is really a great experience and a must-do when visiting Paris. Expect loads of people on each level though which can get quite frustrating. But overall it was great and I would like to do it again - better weather though :)

• NadineK5's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower - Book in advance or go early

by NadineK5 Written Aug 25, 2015

• cleocat's Profile Photo

Magical

by cleocat Updated Aug 16, 2015

Yes it is all it claims to be. Standing in front of this amazing structure is mind blowing. Make sure you visit it during daytime and at night. Two very different perspectives. We didn't get to go up as the wind made it dangerous. Will definitely do that next time.

Address: Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France,75007

Directions: in the Parc du Champ-de-Mars

Phone: +33 892 70 12 39

Website: http://www.toureiffel.paris/

• Museum Visits

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Tour de Eiffel

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 22, 2015

An iconic structure recognizable the world over and visible from anywhere in Paris its absolutely breathtaking!

No visit to Paris would be complete without scaling the heights for a bird's eye view of Montmartre and Sacre Couer, the Arc du Triomphe and Champs Elysees, Invalides, Champs du Mars below, Palais du Chaillot and not to mention the views of Trocadéro fountains when they are on.

There are various rates to the tower and depending on whether you decide to visit the first two floors or the top, or if you decide to take the elevators or climb the stairs. Check out the website for updated information regarding entrance fees.

It's quite spectacular, isn't it?

Address: Champ de Mars

Phone: 33 (0) 1 44 11 23 23

Website: http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk/

A night view of the Eiffel view in the summer The IPG's posing Another beautiful night view From Place du Trocadero

• chattygirl7491's Profile Photo

Wow just cannt believe we saw this in person

by chattygirl7491 Written May 16, 2015

Coming from Ohio ... we have a much smaller version the the Eiffel tower at our Kings Island amusement park :) The real one is much larger and more impressive. It's so large you can see it from a long distance away. We saw it all times of day and nice ... personally night was my fav. We went up in it for a nice view of Paris. Its crowded so beware of pick pockets. The thieves know your amazed by it and the view and not paying attention. Our guides warned us of this before we arrived.

Tip Tip Tip Tip Tip

• Matt-Wilkie's Profile Photo

Amazing place to visit

by Matt-Wilkie Written May 11, 2015

The structure itself is something else when you see it in person. It really is worth the effort to come and see it, also recommend getting some good walking shoes so you can get around all the other amazing places in Paris.

Downside the scammers are everywhere there was someone asking me to sign a petition regarding homelessness then suddenly another column appeared trying to tap me for 20 euros. Just walk off and ignore any of them, giving them anything only encourages more to come. But also a lot of these scams are run by Eastern gangs and nobody really benefits except crime syndicates.

Didn't let it dampen the day as there is also a childs playpark nearby for the kids allowing me and the wife to relax.

Tip Tip Tip

• GAME SCAMMERS

by genesescardenas Written May 6, 2015

Walking towards the Eiffel tower my friend and I got interrupted when a man so persistent grabbed my friend so she can see this spectacular game that consists of 3 cups flipped upside down and one ball in one of them, the objective is pretty simple find the cup with ball inside. He said there was no money involved but than asked my friend for a big bill to show and not knowing that she would she pulls out 50 euros he said he would give back the money other people joined the game as well but clearly the 4 people around us were in on the game as well. they kept wining and she wasn't getting her money back one lady had told her if she continues playing he will give her the money back to end the story she ended up getting hustled 150 euros while I tried looking for a cop but no where to be found which I found very strange considering your so close to the most tourist attraction. Be careful with these group of scammers just say no to their so called gambling game! can't believe something like this occurred in a country like France and our first day there. Be aware of the Moroccan scammers

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower - Step Aerobics

by grayfo Updated Mar 13, 2015

The Eiffel Tower is the most famous monument in the world, with over 7 million visitors a year it is the most visited monument that you have to pay for in the world. The tower stands 1,007feet high (307m). Built by Gustave Eiffel in 1889 for the Great Exhibition, the tower was designed as a temporary installation, to be dismantled in 1910. However, due to its value as a wireless tower it remained. The views from the top looking out over Paris are spectacular and it's simple to pick out all the major landmarks.

Sunday to Saturday: 9:30 am to 11:00 pm

Website: http://www.tour-eiffel.fr

• Khamsangla's Profile Photo

Wonderful Structure!

by Khamsangla Written Nov 6, 2014

Loved the over all experience of visiting Eiffel Tower, but I failed to understand why is it often associated with Love, when it's history has got nothing to do with Love. (It was a structure made for an exhibition.) Anyways, the garden in front of the Tower is calm & you can spend hours just sitting there! We visiting there when it was raining, made the whole atmosphere more charming. Paris over all looks much more beautiful when it's raining. The only annoying part was the long queue to get to the top of the Tower.

Tip

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

The Eiffel Tower.

by IreneMcKay Written Jun 29, 2014

This is of course a world famous symbol of Paris. Being very bad people, we did not go up it because that would have involved queuing.

The Eiffel Tower is situated on the Champ de Mars. It was designed and built by engineer, Gustave Eiffel in 1889. It was originally the entrance arch to the 1889 World's Fair.

The Eiffel Tower is 324m high, still the tallest structure in Paris. At one time it was the tallest man-made structure in the world. It held this claim to fame for 41 years until the Chrysler Building in New York City was built in 1930. The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world; see I told you there was a queue.

As it is so tall, the Eiffel Tower can be seen from many different places in Paris. We visited in the millenium and the tower had special wording to welcome in the year 2000.

Directions: You can't miss it!!!

My husband with the Eiffel Tower. A new millenium. The Eiffel Tower.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Not your usual Eiffel Tower review....

by Maryimelda Updated Apr 12, 2014

Many people will tell you when you are off on your first visit to Paris not to bother with going to the top of the Eiffel Tower because you will wait for hours and pay a hefty entrance fee and so on and so forth......

These warnings are of course perfectly true and when I balked about going to the top on my first visit to Paris (mainly because I have a huge fear of heights) my travel companion (who had been to the top on numerous occasions on previous trips) said quite simply, "Well of course that is your decision, but it seems to me that it would be a crying shame to come to the Eiffel Tower and not go up." Then he stood back whilst I pondered his remark and watched me in silence and said no more. I felt like a party pooper extraordinaire, so I decided to grit my teeth and grin and bear it. The upshot is that I have now been to the top on various visits a total of three times and yes I have queued for long periods of time (once in pelting rain) but the view is enough to make any coward get over their fear.

Yes, there are many other places to get the view over Paris some of which (like Montmartre or the roof of Galleries Lafayette will cost not a penny. But somehow I will always favour the view of the city from atop the Tour Eiffel. On my visit to Paris in 2013 with my family, my son and grandson who were having a "just us boys" sightseeing day, arrived at the Tower, took one look at the queue and decided not to bother. On the other hand his wife and my granddaughter who were having a "just us girls" shopping day, decided to wait on the queue and were very glad that they did. My son of course on the flight home said his only regret about the whole trip was that he didn't go to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

It's entirely up to you.

Instant Answers: Paris

• travelman12's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

The next time I go, I'll remember to bring running shoes instead of dress shoes:)

• Hcamper's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

The walk up to the second level was not all that bad - don't rush it, just keep going. Once you get to the 2nd level there is barely a line to catch elevator to top! and quite the bargain $$