Map &

Paris Evening Bike Tour and 1-hour Seine River Cruise
From EUR39.00
Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
From EUR89.00

Disneyland Paris Tips (11)

Expensive tourist trap

Disneyland Paris

My first warning, it isn't very clear what metro tickets to get to Disneyland. Expect to pay €15 for two people to get to Disneyland on the metro, if you pay any less you got the wrong ones. We were even advised wrong by the information desk assistant, and when you get to the other end, a lot of tourists are fined €25 each for having the wrong tickets, us included. The inspectors are not sympethetic and demand payment on the spot.

I was really looking forward to Disneyland, I am an adrenaline junkie and after experiencing the likes of Alton Towers in the UK, I was expecting (as advertised) at least 3 high thrill rides - don't be fooled, as these rides didn't really get a smile out of me.

Also, if you are used to rides over 1 minute, expect to que for 30 minutes for a 30 second ride, I was often feeling at the end of the ride ''is that it''.

Disneyland itself was more full of over rated, extremely over priced restaurants and souvenier shops, expect to pay at least €25 for a normal steak and chips excluding drinks. €8 for a hotdog and a drink. I saw a childs princess dress for €60 in one of the souvenier shops.

Unique Suggestions I guess Space Mountain 2 was ok, but to be honest, me and my husband got quite bored after a couple of hours. I would say this park is more family orientated and fun for kids.

Fun Alternatives I would rather recommend Parc Asterix, its cheaper to get into and looks so much more fun.

Sep 01, 2010

Disneyland Paris - Don't buy the regular tickets i

Disneyland Paris entry tickets are really costly and expensive , especially if you have family of five members or more. For three days entry ticket, adult pays around Euro 145 and child around Euro 114.

Unique Suggestions If you have a family more than five persons and planning to stay more than 3 days around Disneyland Paris area, then don't buy the entry tickets; instead purchase the Fantasy Passport. With this passport you can get into Disneyland Paris all year long (excluding some days of the year) and you pay less than the 3-day child ticket. You need an Id or your passport in order to get the Disneyland Fantasy Passport.
Me & my family enjoyed Disneyland using the Fantasy Passport where we go, almost, every day for few hours during our stay. My kids did not get board of tired and they enjoyed Disneyland few hours every day. With this passport, me and my family were able to enter Disneyland, almost all your round, for Euro 104 only (adult or child).

- Fantasy Passport can be purchase only from the Disneyland Guest Relations office.
- Depends on the number of family members, discount applies. The more members the more discount they will get.

Fun Alternatives Or better try to buy the all year round passport (I forgot its name) if you are frequent tourist to Disneyland Paris area.

aldilafs's Profile Photo
Sep 25, 2008

Dig in your pocket at Disneyland

although we have been to Disneyland several times, it is a trap, especially when you have children. They want everything they see, and usually a trip has been promised, so you feel guilty if the NOs start flowing freely.

Unique Suggestions Plan well beforehand, and have a strict budget.

Fun Alternatives Wait till the children are older and can learn to ration their own allowances. Who are we kidding?

awladhassan's Profile Photo
Aug 04, 2007

Beware of the floor

Beware of the poor paved areas in all of the Disney sites.
Two days in Langy Hospital to recover from a nasty cut to the shin.
Disney did not help, or appear interested once we had left the site by Ambulance

Apr 29, 2007

10 rue Saint Hyacinthe, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
15 Rue des Pyramides, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
32, rue Sainte Anne, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Disneyland Paris

My daughter (15) and I spent 9 days in Paris and having visited the Disney complex numerous timesin Orlando, we wanted to compare Paris to it. Don't be fooled and don't waste a trip going here. We booked a 1 day tour package and were done with both parks by noon. The parks are small compared to Orlando, where it takes at least 1 day to go thru 1 park. We went on Wednesday, which must have been be mean to Americans day. We were run over by some very excited Spanish kids, who were very excited to get onto the several roller coasters. While the Spanish kids thought the coasters were great, to our taste, they were small. The waiting ques were not themed out as in the USA, and there were virtually no t shirts. Anyone who has ever been to Orlando knows that Disney pushes t shirts at the exit of every ride that say the ride and Disney World. We looked thru 2 parks just to find something with Disneyland Paris on it. Either europeans do not like Disney t shirts, or the Disney marketing machine is totally missing the boat here. While Disney is currently constructing motels and a Tower of Terror, It will be a long time before their Paris park catches up to Orlando. We should have stayed in Paris and skipped this excursion entirely.

Apr 16, 2007

Whirl Clear of Hurricanes!

As much as the temptation is to go to Hurricanes nightclub with it being the only club in the Disney resort, I emplore you not to!
We were horribly outnumbered by unfriendly staff- the dj was very poor, and despite the venue looking okay, without anyone in it it looked rubbish!

To really rub salt in to the wound the drinks were about 7 euros each! Considering we had a crate of 24 beers back at the hotel which had cost us 3 euros from the hyper market, we felt rather shortchanged.

Unique Suggestions Smuggle in your own drink!!!

Fun Alternatives Try out the pubs, even if they shut earlyish, you only spoil your night by moving on to Hurricanes.

Meadows11's Profile Photo
Mar 04, 2005

Moteur Aktion! NOT!

If you're going to Walt Disney Studios, give this a miss. The motor cars stunts were ok but overall it was loud and the moderators caouldn't decide if they were going to speak in French or English.

It was a headache to watch and the show was over an hour long - you guessed it, many left before the end of the show.

Unique Suggestions You're better off checking the other stuff out.

Sep 04, 2004

Don't bother

I agree with the other comments here.
The ride out there is long.
Once you get there the rides arent even as good as the rides youve seen at other Disney locations, and there arent very many of them to begin with.
It seems about half the size of Disneyland Anaheim, and costs way too much to get in.

If I had to do it again, I would not waste the money or the time to go here.

You would be better off taking a train to Versailles if you are wanting to do a day trip.

Fun Alternatives Versailles.

dlparker's Profile Photo
Aug 10, 2003
Nemorino's Profile Photo

"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
BeatChick's Profile Photo

"Perambulations in Paris!"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
breughel's Profile Photo

pfsmalo's Profile Photo

"Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."

Disneyland Fireworks

If you want to visit the Disney Village after Disneyland closes, do not attempt to do so after the fireworks show. Every bag is checked as you enter the village and everyone from Disneyland wants to get in at the same time, which makes for quite a scramble and is very time consuming.

Ash59's Profile Photo
Sep 24, 2002

Don't, whatever you do go to...

Don't, whatever you do go to Disneyland Paris. It could be anywhere. I mean, the theme park itself is fine, couldn't fault it for what it is. But if you're going to see Paris, don't come here. It takes forever to get to on the Metro, and it's just not worth it, because in the end of the day, all theme parks are pretty much the same. And you'd be wasting a day that you could otherwise be using to explore the REAL Paris.

Aug 26, 2002

Bcos it i incredibly expensive, and the rides are pathetic and the queues are enormous we queued for 2 1/2 hours for the naffest rollercoaster you have been on. after this we went to the shop to buy a souvenir to find a small souvinir to find that the cheapest thing was a plastic comb and it was the equivalent of £4!!!!!!

Aug 26, 2002

Things To Do Near Paris

Saint Roch Church - Eglise

If you are in Paris on a Tuesday (except in mid-summer) you can attend a noontime chamber music concert in the beautiful setting of the Saint-Roch Church, one of the oldest and largest churches in...

Palais Royal

If you understand French, you should have no trouble finding a guided walking tour of one of the districts of Paris on any day of the year. These are listed, for example, in a section called VISITES...

River Seine Cruises

Who wants to look further than Paris on foot, in a different way can go boating. From the water, the view of the beautiful historic buildings and bridges spectacular a very different from the side....

La Comédie Française

Founded in 1690 by Louis XIV, the Comédie Française is still going strong as the world's oldest theater troupe. Their repertoire consists mainly of classic French plays from the 17th and 18th...

Galerie Vivienne

This is one of several old galleries dating back to the early 19th Century. It was THE place to shop in its day and has had something of a resurgence in recent decades and is a great glimpse into...

Tuileries - Jardin des Tuileries

I realize that I have only really been to Paris once for any length of time, and that was in 1950 when I was 12. My only subsequent visit(s) were the equivalent of a day trip in 1964. I would come in...

Getting to Paris

We don't yet have an address for this Tourist Traps. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Tourist Traps. Help us improve our info!