Map &

Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
From EUR89.00

Eurostar Tips (38)

Eurostar with children

We recently took two roundtrip trips between Paris and London and took the Eurostar. It was a very quick and efficient way to travel between the two cities.

Because we had our 1 year old son, we asked to be seated in either the 1st or 18th car as they each have a separate bathroom for babies that contains a changing table and a sink. The changing table is really nice with a pad and disposable paper cover. Also, there is a dispenser on the wall with plastic bags that are useful for super dirty diapers or wet clothes. These two cars also have an area for family seating that gives children more stretching room. There 4 sets of 4 seats that face each other with a small table in between. This area is great because if you have a loud baby, then only other families in this small area are bothered by him.

crodri1's Profile Photo
Apr 06, 2007

I was very impressed.

Allocated seating and it all feels safe and not squashed at all.

Queues for drinks/food, quite pricing and not a great selection (we had dried fruit and nuts as werent much else there!) but quick and efficient. I'd recommend!

Mar 24, 2007

From London to Paris, the Eurostar was a smooth journey and a good alternative to flying. The price if you book online and include a hotel in your package works out good value. Trains are not quite Japanese bullet standard but they are modern and comfortable. Onboard food is ok and arriving in the centre of Paris without having to travel from the airport is a bonus.

largerama's Profile Photo
Feb 18, 2007

The Eurostar is one of the easiest ways to get to Paris from several places in Europe. I travelled from London & it was very very easy getting to Waterloo station & down to the Eurostar terminal. Unlike flying you need only be here 45 minutes before the train leaves the station so not the huge down-time you must allow for when travelling via air.

The trip took approx 2 hours 40 and finished in the middle of Paris at Gare du Nord with easy access to the Paris Metro. There are several Metro lines that go through Gare du Nord so getting to your next destination should be easy.

Booking is easy on the Eurostar website. I went online & managed to get tickets at 29.50 pounds and they were mailed to my home in New Zealand. When I got to the station I fed my ticket into the machine just like a Tube ticket.

Customs was easy and not major queuing or delays as you get with Airports. While at Waterloo I also could buy Metro and Museum passes for Paris so I could hit the ground running in Paris.

The train journey was quiet and 20 minutes was spent under the English Channel. The food carriage was close to my own carriage so I could get a cup of tea & something to eat without much hassle.

fishandchips's Profile Photo

10 rue Saint Hyacinthe, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
15 Rue des Pyramides, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
32, rue Sainte Anne, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Eurostar - the way to get from London to Paris

Eurostar ( is the easiest and best way to get from London to Paris and vice versa. The fast train travels under the English Channel from London's Waterloo station to Gare du Nord in Paris.

The trip takes 2.5 hours (although mind the 1 hour time difference).

Book your tickets online and turn up a little in advance to pick then up at the station (the ticket will say 45 mins, but 30 is really plenty).

Book a return ticket if you're coming back, as they can be significantly cheaper than one-way tickets.

The benefits: Not much security, connects directly to the hearts of Paris and London rather than having to shlep all the way to Heathrow / CDG, and it's not uncomfortable either ... beats the pants off plane travel any day.

Conspirator's Profile Photo
Dec 17, 2006

Famous Eurostar line connects London and Paris withing 2 1/2 hours.
Depart from London Waterloo Station and arrive direct to central Paris at Gare Du Nord Station. The best option and well connected.

Plus points. You dont have to waste so much of time to go to airport and going through the security. I felt its as the most convenient mode of transport to Paris.

daryll's Profile Photo
Nov 23, 2006

Eurostar info - traveling with kids

My girlfriend and I took our two kids to Paris and took the bullet train (Eurostar) to London. The tickets were about $100 each for general/coach seating. It was fine. We all sat together and got to London in about 2 hrs and 35 minutes (and only a block from our hotel!) I will say that it was slightly difficult with our kids. I made them drag their luggage through the Metro to get to Eurostar station, and the turnstyles can play havoc with young arms and large luggage. Anyway, it wasn't too painful. The Eurostar was fast and we had a table between our seats. It was a quick ride! All prices I mentioned are in US dollars and the travel date was March, 2005. (And yes, I know some of this info was already mentioned in the Metro tip!)

E_R_I_C's Profile Photo
Aug 24, 2006

This is a very cheap, easy and comfortable way of travelling to London. The standard ticket is UK£59.00 for a return journey. The Leisure select is a bit more costly, but still cheaper than airfare. The tunnel crossing is only 20 minutes and you hardly notice it. You dont have the hassle of checking in at the airport, although you do have to check in but it is much easier & quicker.

HarShe's Profile Photo
Aug 14, 2006
Nemorino's Profile Photo

"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
BeatChick's Profile Photo

"Perambulations in Paris!"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

"London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
breughel's Profile Photo

pfsmalo's Profile Photo

"Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
View Member

If going to disney by eurostar it is cheaper to book transport when booking hotel and also make sure you book directly to disney terminal at marne la val chesse station. I didnt and it cost me a fortune to change the tickets but it worked out in end.

Also if you have disabilities it is worth noting that eurostar do accomodate those in wheelchair but because of restrictions the can only take a maximum of two wheelchair users. Further eurostar are now able to accommodate guide dogs but must be advised of this at time of booking and this is the only animals that eurostar will accommodate and the dog also needs a passport which can take a long time to process.

sparkieplug24's Profile Photo
Jun 11, 2006

Eurostar from London to Paris

We took the Eurostar from London to Paris. Waterloo to Gard Nord to be exact, which is not too far from the Montmartre area of Paris.

The trip takes around 2 to 3 hours depending on the time of travel. it's s really good way to get to Paris if you don't like the airport.

If you looking for a bargain tickets, its best to book way in advance and keep looking at the website for deals.

A good tip would be to save the hassle and buy your metro pass before you leave London at Waterloo, so you're ready to whiz into action as soon as you arrive.

vichatherly's Profile Photo
May 25, 2006

It cost us £60 per person to travel from London Waterloo to Paris and back. You have to arrive half an hour before departure in order to check in, which is much the same as in airports, and then the journey takes just over 2 hours. Very comfortable trip, and you arrive in the Gare du Nord from which you can get the Metro to pretty much anywhere in the city.

Very convenient, I'd much rather do this than fly to Paris.

illumina's Profile Photo
May 05, 2006

Eurostar from London to Paris

Eurostar has the advantage of taking you from the centre of London to the centre of Paris in around 3 hours. Trains leave regularly from Waterloo, with promotional fares available from as little as 59 pounds return. We booked ours way in advance so got a greta price. If we were under 26 we could get cheaper tickets too.

We chose to go on the Eurostar from London to Paris as my husband has always wanted to do so.... we were happy with the service, seats were wide and comfy, train trip was quiet too. The chunnel was far quicker than we thought it would be..

Jenniflower's Profile Photo
Apr 18, 2006

Things To Do in Paris

Saint Roch Church - Eglise

If you are in Paris on a Tuesday (except in mid-summer) you can attend a noontime chamber music concert in the beautiful setting of the Saint-Roch Church, one of the oldest and largest churches in...

Palais Royal

If you understand French, you should have no trouble finding a guided walking tour of one of the districts of Paris on any day of the year. These are listed, for example, in a section called VISITES...

River Seine Cruises

Who wants to look further than Paris on foot, in a different way can go boating. From the water, the view of the beautiful historic buildings and bridges spectacular a very different from the side....

La Comédie Française

Founded in 1690 by Louis XIV, the Comédie Française is still going strong as the world's oldest theater troupe. Their repertoire consists mainly of classic French plays from the 17th and 18th...

Galerie Vivienne

This is one of several old galleries dating back to the early 19th Century. It was THE place to shop in its day and has had something of a resurgence in recent decades and is a great glimpse into...

Tuileries - Jardin des Tuileries

I realize that I have only really been to Paris once for any length of time, and that was in 1950 when I was 12. My only subsequent visit(s) were the equivalent of a day trip in 1964. I would come in...

Getting to Paris

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!