Hello to all the travelers,
It is the 2nd time when I come in France, this year with friends (4 of us) who don’t know Europe and we chose to make a cruise in the Mediterranean Sea of 12 days with the ship " Serenade of the *seas ".
In the cruise ship an international clientele and many came from the United States.
Royal Caribean it is Great company !!
We have booked a 5 hours sightseeing tour from Cannes ( first stop cruise ) with a transport company with driver implanted in Nice for several years
"Allo Riviera Mercantour Transferts", they know very well the area, and we visited during 5 hours the Côte d'Azur (French Riviera): Nice and its flower market, then Eze a village medieval on the middle “corniche” on the way to Monaco and.Monte carlo.
A really great sight seeing tour with gorgeous landscapes, I let you discover!!
and the price cheaper than a taxi and more pleasant.
If I can help you in the preparation of your journey contact me. Register you on Virtual Tourist.
Monique32 from Serenade of the seas
When you look at the official website of the Nice Airport for the taxis you will find a price indication of 67 - 72 € for a trip Nice airport to Cannes.
This is a minimum theoretical price because there are following possible "SUPPLEMENTS"
Day rate (7am to 7pm) : €1.72/km .
- Night rate (7pm to 7am + Sundays and bank holidays) : €2.28/km.
- Pick-up charge : €2.90.
- Waiting time or slow driving per hour : €28.20
Per suitcase : €0.74.
- Trunk or big package : €1.36.
- Animal (excluding guide dog) : €1.36.
- Airport surcharge : €1.51.
- Surcharge for 4th passenger : €1.46.
- Surcharge for snow/ice : 10%. (rather exceptional for Cannes!)
- Plus motorway toll fees.
Furthermore Cannes is not small so that if your hotel is along the seaside you have to cross the city and you will pay 85 - 90 €.
There are cheaper and less comfortable ways to reach Cannes than a taxi. If you are two or three with luggage the cost/comfort ratio is not that bad anymore.
By bus, you have 2 options:
1) Bus 210: Airport AirportXpress
for 15€60 (one-way single ticket - if you're under 26 years old, it's 12€50), which departs from Terminal 1 & 2.
2) Bus 200 for only 1 €, but keep in mind that the trip takes around 1h45 (with heavy traffic it can even take 2h30, so make sure you pee before taking the bus and always carry a bottle of water)! The bus stop is on the main road outside the airport (Terminal 1). However not on the same sidewalk as the airport, so you will have to take an underway passage (don't risk your life trying to cross that busy road!!!!!) and head to the bus stop "Aéroport/Promenade". Note: some bus drivers will tell you to take bus 210 instead, but you have to be persistent (it's best if you can speak some French). From Cannes to the airport, don't tell the driver you want to go to the aiport, because he/she will tell you that only bus 210 goes there. To avoid this, just tell him/her "Nice, s'il vous plaît" and he/she will probably leave you alone. Then just get off on bus stop "Aéroport/Promenade" (outside the airport's Terminal 1 ). Make sure you have the bus route plan, so you won't miss your stop (the airport's bus stop is the next one after "La Passerelle") or check that out with Google Map (it will get you an idea of where to get off).
Nice International Airport ranks as one of the most active gateways to France and the Mediterranean. The airport is located 7 km west of the city centre and is the main port of arrival for passengers to the Côte d'Azur.
There are two passenger terminals at Nice Cote d'Azur Airport that between them provide passengers with excellent facilities. There are banks, ATM's, bureau de change facilities, excellent restaurants, cafés and bars. For the shopper, both terminals provide gift shops, newsagents and duty-free shopping.
For those wanting to hire a car on arrival at Nice Cote d'Azur, there are a variery of car rental companies situated at the airport. These include Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, and National Citer.
There are good car parking facilities at Nice Cote d'Azur Airport. There are sufficient spaces available for short-term parking, long-term parking and disabled passenger parking.
Foto : Nice from airplane