The Clock tower of the Collégiale Saint André was built in Gothic style in the XIVth century and is 56 meters high. It is surrounded by houses and cannot be seen better than on this photo. The basement is made of bricks while the needle is carved in tuff and was the model for many clock towers in the province
On the West side of the Place Saint André, the Collégiale Saint André was built in 1228 by the Dauphin Guigues VI. The purpose of the Dauphin and of the Counts was to strengthen their power, to compete with the power of the bishops and to take over them.
The mausoleum of the famous knight Bayard, "chevalier sans peur et sans reproche", born in Grenoble as Pierre du Terrail, is situated inside the Église Saint André, while its statue stands in the middle of Place Saint André