Baking apple tarte on Friday nights can sometimes be little fun - and cleaning up the mess afterwards even less so!!!
Here is the explaination to this tip:
it was my husband's birthday on Saturday and I wanted to bake his favourite apple tarte for his birthday. After a full week of stress at work, standing in the kitchen baking this rather difficult-to-make cake was the last thing that I felt like doing.....
.... especially when I heard HIM snoring from the bedroom!!!!!!!!!!! Out of frustration I posted an SOS note on VT and got the most wonderful responses!!!
- an alternative recipe (thanks bes!)
- a "I know how you feel" note (thanks Simone)
- a rather tricky: "spread some flour around and go to to the bakery and buy a cake" (thanks, Scott - it cheered me up!!!)
- an "it's all worth it" - how true, Ali
- and a cheerful "it's only once a year" - absolutely right, Nicola!!!
During the meeting we had sunny and warm weather. Before I had to leave a colorful sunset said good bye.