Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Segway City Tour in Dusseldorf
"Start your tour through Düsseldorf at one of the most iconic locations in the City – the Rheinturm. This 240 meter high TV and communications tower is not only one of the tallest structures in Germany but also an integral part of the Düsseldorf skyline. There’s a parking lot right next to it so you’re welcome to arrive by car – and find a parking space. Begin with our local Tour Guide by learning how to control your Segway. Have ample time to safely learn how to drive steer and stop the vehicle then head out to the Landtag the state parliament which is right next door. From here
From EUR70.00

1.5 Hour Segway Tour in Dusseldorf
"Our small Dusseldorf tour takes you to the beginning of the old town. You will drive along the Kö and Tonhalle and on the upper Kassel-bridge to the other side of the Rhine. Back through the Rhine Knee bridge past the parliament and the harbour and eventually to the starting point."""Experience the feel of a Segway and join us on our little 1.50 hour tour through the surrounding of Dusseldorf.title=Highlights&1=Dusseldorf+Segway+tour&2=Glide+through+the+city+on+a+1.5-hour+sightseeing+tour+with+a+guide&3=Pass+by+attractions+in+Old+Town%2C+and+cross+over+the+Rhine&4=Unique+way+to+get+oriented+with+the+cityFlexible"Düsseldorf
From EUR59.00

2.5 Hour Segway Tour in Dusseldorf
"Join us on our grand tour drive by the Museum Kunst Palast and passing through the beautiful Rheinpark. We cross the Theodor Heuss Bridge to our local place in Oberkassel where we invite you for coffee and cake. After the stopover we will pass by the port the parliament and come along the Königsallee back into the old town."""Experience the feel of a Segway and join us on our 2.5 hour tour through Dusseldorf.
From EUR69.00

Film Museum Tips (4)

My childhood at the film museum

Photos:
1. Old movie cameras
2. More modern than the one my father had
3. Projector just like the one we had at home
4. An early attempt to add sound to movies

It always seems strange to go to a museum and see things you used to use yourself.

Some of the old 8 mm movie cameras and projectors at the film museum were just like the ones we used to have at home when I was a child.

I still have a box of old 8 mm films that my father and I took. I suppose it would be possible to get them digitalized, but I suspect their historical value is rather limited.

Nemorino's Profile Photo
Nemorino
Mar 20, 2010

Photos:
1. Entrance to the film museum
2. Historic projectors in the film museum
3. In the museum
4. Historic cameras

The film museum has its own cinema, the "Black Box", and four floors of exhibit space with displays of the history and aura of the movies.

For example: "Film and Politics" is an exhibit on the third floor in between "Film and Money" and "Myths of the Present".

The museum is open Tuesday to Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm, Wednesdays to 9 pm, closed Mondays.

Admission as of 2010 was three Euros, or 1.50 Euros for those who get a discount.

Nemorino's Profile Photo
Nemorino
Mar 20, 2010

Film Museum

This probably won't appeal to many people except those keen on German cinema. There are some interesting exhibits, such as the 19th century 3D photographs (astonishing quality for the time) and the proto-animation techniques, but nothing really stood out and grabbed my attention. I did like watching the clip from Battleship Potemkin, but I can watch that on DVD whenever I like anyway.

antistar's Profile Photo
antistar
Jan 04, 2005

Film Museum

Stan & Olli at their best! See an "Oscar", a Palm Tree from Cannes, a Lion from Venice, a Bear from Berlin, a golden Bambi and all the other famous movie awards.
Costumes and dresses, merchandising, movie posters.
Equipment since the first days of movie theatres.
Moving pictures, miracles, before they had cameras. Camera obscura.

A cinema is also part of the museum, with very special, international films, old and new, often a whole week is dedicated to an actor or director or topic or country. Well worth a visit!

IceBear7's Profile Photo