A small piece of Mainz's Roman history hides behind the Kurfürstliche Schloss in the form of the Davidius Victor Arch. This triumphal archway was built in the third century and beautifully frames the copper dome of the imposing Christchurch.
Directions: Next to the Roman Museum on Grosse Bleiche.
During the reduction of the old town wall in 1898 this arc was founded in the walls. The arc was built in the third century by the councilman Dativius Victor in honor of Jupiter Optimus Maximus Conservator. It is a small piece that proofs of Mainz's Roman history.