Lübeck Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lübeck

• hunterV's Profile Photo

Schiffergesellschaft: Germany's Oldest Restaurant

by hunterV Updated Jan 18, 2015

As we were told, "Seafarers' Society" (this is how its name sounds in English) is the oldest restaurant in Germany dating back to 1538.
    We sat at a long medieval table and I felt I was in a local lore museum. It was a privilege to drink beer at those "pirate tables", as I called them then.
    I must say that was the most expensive beer I had ever had in Germany!...But it was certainly worth visiting that restaurant!

Picture 2: It was great sitting at those ancient tables and to drink beer. I took a picture of our merry company, but myself was left out. You can only see my glass of beer. Perhaps next time I will be in the picture.

Address: Downtown Luebeck

Schiffergesellschaft Restaurant, L��beck Our merry company at Schiffergesellschaft
    • Business Travel

• MD2nd's Profile Photo

Restaurant Meeresbrise: A breeze of the sea

by MD2nd Updated Apr 11, 2011

Very nice restaurant, very nice atmosphere & service! Great seafood! I've had fantastic salmon & salad. Almost too big of portions. Big plus: Easy to park there. Guess restaurant belongs to Best Western Aquamarin.

Directions: Restaurant Meeresbrise (at BW)
    Dr.-Luise-Klinsmann.St. 1-3
    Luebeck, 23558
    ph:01149-451-8802-460

Restaurant Meeresbrise Restaurant Meeresbrise Restaurant Meeresbrise

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Coffilio: Waht an excellent way to start the day

by sourbugger Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sourbugger can't usually begin his day without a big steaming mug of trucker's tea, but on my morning in Lubeck I was happy to make an exception.

I ordered just the 'small' Fruhstruk (breakfast), at only 5 Euro. You can sometime pay the equilvalent of that in London just for the coffee (which is only half as good as here), yet I also had breads, cheeses, cold meats and boiled eggs thrown in as well.

A great deal, and with big picture windows and comfortable furnishings to park 'yer bum on, it makes for a great start to the day.

I can only imagine quite how much food the 10 euro breakfast must contain !

Address: Mühlenstraße 1-3

Directions: Very central

• MD2nd's Profile Photo

Cafe Niederegger: A world of marzipan

by MD2nd Updated Oct 27, 2010

Niederegger Cafe provides with an abundance of marzipan and other delicacies. There are more than 300 specialities to choose from: marzipan in many different variations, fine pralines, nougat, pyramid cake, stollen cake and the finest of baked goodies. Visitors can buy from their many of marzipan specialities: it is a classical souvenir to take along or even to send from that cafe to anywhere in the world.

Niederegger Cafe has been a "Luebeck institution" for many years. In 1806 it was founded by master confectioner Johann Georg Niederegger.

In the now more than 200 years since its founding, Café Niederegger, in the heart of the Hanseatic city, has become a secret symbol of Luebeck..

In summer, Niederegger Cafe opens their terrace on pedestrian zone with a wonderful view on the Town Hall, St. Marien and St. Petri.

Directions: Niederegger Cafe (on pedestrian zone)
    Breite Str. 89
    Luebeck, 23552

Opening hours:
    Monday to Friday: 9 am - 7 pm
    Saturday: 9 am - 6 pm
    Sunday: 10 am - 6 pm

Website: http://www.niederegger.de/en/marzipanwelt/geschichte/geschichte.php

Cafe Niederegger, marzipan & nut cake Cafe Niederegger Cafe Niederegger on pedestrian zone

• Turska's Profile Photo

Paulaners: Beer and dining

by Turska Written Aug 1, 2010

I found a tip of this place in VT-pages, and the restaurant happened to be allmost behind the corner of our hotel. So we went there. It was sunday, so menu was shorter. There were some days specials for weekdays, but not for sunday.
    We choosed a typical"schnitzel" of veal, and it was good. It was served with some kind of fried potatos,witch also had little pieces of ham in it.
    And of course we drank Paulaner!

Favorite Dish: Must say schnitzel, because it´s what we had ;)

Address: Breite Strasse 1-5, 23552 Lübeck

Directions: at the old town

Phone: 0451-7079450

Website: http://www.paulaners-luebeck.de

• steedappeal's Profile Photo

Hogrefe's Seafood & More: Close to the train station

by steedappeal Updated May 24, 2009

Very centrally located. A large, old-school restaurant that had an attractive sprargel buffet.

Food was pretty good, service professional (no English spoken) but not a restaurant to get excited about.

Favorite Dish: Seafood

Address: Bertlingstrasse/Am Kurgarten

Directions: Close to the train station. Near the beaches.

Phone: 04502 888 515

• Beaches
    • Business Travel

• Rupanworld's Profile Photo

Buthmanns Bierstuben: Since 1697

by Rupanworld Written Jan 8, 2008

Well I have no idea about it. The Board "Seit 1697" attracted me and I took a photo. So I guess I should have put this tip rather in the Things To Do list. Its pretty close to the Guenter Grass house in the same street. Its a historical beer bar I guess.

Address: Glockengießerstraße 3

Directions: Near Guenter Grass Haus

• Rupanworld's Profile Photo

My best choice

by Rupanworld Written Jan 6, 2008

Well, this is something for people who really prefer some quick, fatty but delicious food. I am very fond of Doeners and so while on the road and really very hungry, atleast in Germany, I desperately look for a turkish Doener stall. I found one at Luebeck too. Just behind the Lindenplatz where you find the Statues of Bismark and Kaiser Wilhelm II, you have to cross the road. A really big one (with bread) cost us 3 euros. Well, I am very diet conscious and always want to lose some weight : ))

Address: Lindenplatz

• bonio's Profile Photo

Taj Indian Restaurant: Curry!

by bonio Written Apr 15, 2006

That Friday evening British tradition - curry. Spotted this place while walking around the city and was too tempting to miss.
    Most things on the menu were familiar to us though the style of serving a little different to Indian restaurants at home.
    Friendly welcome and fast service.
    Food well cooked and very tasty, Mrs Bonio had several vegetarian choices.
    We were fairly early (19:30) and had the place almost to ourselves, has this tradition not caught on in Germany yet?

Address: Grosse Burgstrasse

Phone: 04513995099

• bonio's Profile Photo

Cafe Affenbrot: Cafe Affenbrot

by bonio Written Apr 14, 2006

A special treat for Mrs Bonio, a visit to a vegetarian cafe. Lunchtime and very busy, a good sign, varied menu too choose from and several daily specials too. Good tasty food and an organic beer to go with it, maybe these vegetarian places are not so bad after all?
    Bonio recommends.

Address: Kanalstrasse 70

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Stadtbackerei

by barryg23 Updated Mar 8, 2006

Reasons I love Germany number 99...

Stadtbackerei is a popular cafe/bakery type place. We stopped at one branch near the Rathaus for coffee and cake and later for lunch at another branch on HolstenStrasse. I'd strongly recommend this place - the food was very nice and was excellent value.

Me at Stadtbackerei

• Jasen71's Profile Photo

On Street Shop: German Sausage fear the wurst!

by Jasen71 Written Sep 16, 2005

Whilst hunting down some of the famous Lubeck Marzipan I came across a neat little shop/stall selling the famous german cuisine the fried or boiled sausages (Wurst) with a crusty bread roll or potato salad. I wolfed mine down with great gusto...And then continued my hunt for the marzipan....

Favorite Dish: Frankfurter mit Sauerkraut

Address: Breite Str

Directions: Near the Rathaus

mit Sauerkraut !?
    • Trains

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

Cafe Calma: Mediterranean Atmosphere in a Baltic City!

by RhineRoll Updated Dec 29, 2004

Cafe Calma is one of the reasons why one can only mercifully smile at those who think Lübeck isn't worth visiting in wintertime. Wonderful place, cozy mediterranean atmosphere, good food, reasonable prices.

Cafe Calma is located in Huexstrasse, a very popular street with Lübeck students and bohemians.

Address: Huexstrasse 67, Old Town Lübeck

Cafe Calma in L��beck

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

PAULANER'S: DAS WIRTSHAUS AM JACOBIKIRCJPLATZ

by eden_teuling Written Jul 18, 2004

This is a place where, according to what they themselves say, you are very welcome and will be looked after in a perfect way!

Their menu card looks great and extremely varied so I am sure that everyone can find here exactly what s/he would love having for breakfasst, elevenses, lunch or dinner......

Their menus are there for everyone to take....so the word spreads quickly: Paulaner's is good....better.....best.

Address: Breitestrasse 1-5 23552 Lübeck

Phone: 0451 7079459

Website: http://www.paulaners.de

RESTAURANT L��BECK

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

YACHTZIMMER: A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE....

by eden_teuling Written Jul 18, 2004

I can recommend this YACHTZIMMER to you....it was a heartwarming experience to have dinner here....

Service was great and oh, so friendly, the dishes were surprises, one after another and it was just a very enjoyable evening......

One of the BEST AND MOST PLEASANT restaurant-experiences I have ever had......

sweet memories......

Address: An der Obertrave 4-5 23552 Lübeck

Directions: RIVERBANK, CITY CENTRE.....

Phone: 0451 7 72 82

RESTAURANT YACHTZIMMER L��BECK

Instant Answers: Lübeck

Comments

Lübeck Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lübeck restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lübeck sightseeing.