Map &

From EUR60.00

Athens Super Saver: City Sightseeing Tour plus Half-Day Cape Sounion Trip
From EUR114.00

Kastellorizo Tips (1)

Kastelorizo in Varkiza: Nice cuisine,Worth to give it a try!

We came to Kastelorizo in Varkiza much earlier than usual for a dinner outing. We found the place stylish and very friendly. The premises are next to the marina on the coast of Varkiza and watching the yachts and lights outside from the restaurant’s huge windows I felt as if we were dining somewhere on a Greek island. It was windy and chilly outside but inside was cosy and very comfortable. Soft music was pleasantly coming to our ears making the atmosphere more pleasant, and there was a group of businessmen enjoying their dinner a few tables away from us. Greeks usually dine much later, so by the time we left there restaurant was almost full.

Kasterlorizo is a sea food restaurant and has a tradition of serving not only fresh fish but also high quality raw materials. I was quite curious to test it after hearing some very good comments from friends who recently had lunch out here, and indeed they were right. Not only the location but the cuisine is the very best.

The restaurant has bright and earthly colors ….a truly Greek stylish classy restaurant.
The staff was professional, and I let them choose our wine again this time.
Since we ordered seafood we had to have white wine. What the chef suggested was the white bottle wine of Kastelorizo ( Moschofilero coming from the Peloponnese for 18 euro). I cannot say that I was thrilled but it was fine and not so expensive!

We started with 2 different salads one mixed with browned almonds, parmesan flakes and vinaigrette pomegranate and cranberry, and the second was the Ruccola and parmesan salad with vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar and the price was 9 euro each. Both salads were freshly cut and very tasty.

We continued with some very tasty Aubergine Rolls with fresh tomato and feta cheese from Epirus for 6 euro, and Seafood rolls wrapped in herb ‘seskoula’ raisins and flavoured with fennel root and chives for 6.50, and cheese croquettes.

The saute seafood (saganaki) with goat cheese, three colored peppers and small tomatoes and greens ‘myronia’ was really exceptional.
We also tried the flavored risotto with shrimps, ginger and lime for 16 euro, - another dish that stands out at Kastelorizo and I highly recommend it.

We finished with crushed puff pastry with ice cream and an apple pie accompanied with some ice cream for 7 euro each. We found the apple pie though extremely sweet and we were not able to eat it.

I was curious to check the price of Fresh Prawns and these cost 78 euro the kilo, while Fresh Gray Fish costs 85 euro, and Fresh lobster 90.

THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Enjoyed a rich meal in decent prices. Good service, Setting and Ambience excellent.

greekcypriot's Profile Photo