Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Budapest Card
"Your Budapest Card includes the following features for either 24 48 or 72 hours depending on the option selected.""""Explore Budapest at your own pace and see the sights you want to see with the Budapest Card! Simply show your card for free or discounted entry to participating attractions plus use it for free public transport two walking tours
From EUR17.00

Full-Day Budapest Private Tour by Car or by Public Transport with Lunch
"Your day begins in the City Park (Városliget) which is one of the most exciting parts of Budapest. The City Park is not a natural but a man-made park it can almost be called an adventure park. Along the City Park lake take a walk towards Zoo Boulevard which has plenty of monuments in store. Here you will also find the Gundel Restaurant
From EUR75.00

Private 4-Hour Tour of Budapest By Public Transport Including Danube River Cruise
"You will be picked up from your hotel and then you will take the Millennium Underground line to reach Heroes' Square before taking a scenic urban bus along Andrássy Avenue and another one up to the Castle District. En-route you will see many of the main attractions of Budapest such as Deák Square the Chain Bridge the Royal Palace and so much more. Once you return to the Danube riverbank you will then take a ride on what was voted the 7th-most-beautiful-tram-line in the world to finally take a short trip on one of the most crowded ones. From these 2 trams the Parliament building the Elisabeth Bridge and the Liberty Bridge as well as the historical centre of Budapest. Your tour finishes with a boat cruise along the Danube to admire the city's beautiful skyline from the water."
From EUR100.00

Fatal Tips (27)

Fatal: Typical Tourist Restaurant

This restaurant is recommended in several travel websites and books, and that is why we chose it. It is centrally located, in a lane off Vaci utca. After entering you go down to the basement level, and the main part of the restaurant is located in a long cavernous space with an arched ceiling. Unfortunately that area of the restaurant was already full, and we were seated in a more remote small hall, which was also nice but less atmospheric than the main hall.

I ordered duck, which came with thick with Hungarian pasta; it was tasty (if you like rich, heavy Hungarian food) and very plentiful. My friend's pork leg with pasta was another huge portion, quite tasty. Our wives ordered trout, which was disappointing: somewhat dry and tasteless.

The service was not great. We never once saw a waiter after our meal had been served, no one asked whether everything was ok, not even when they brought us the bill: they seemed to be very sure of themselves that whatever they put on our plates must be excellent!

Overall most of us enjoyed our meal, but it was not great.

iblatt's Profile Photo
iblatt
Nov 01, 2011

Fatal: Awfull

We were two days ago in this restaurant, indicated in almost all the guides that we had with us. We ask for a bottle of wine. My husband was hungry and asked for one of the most expensive dishes. Generally, I don't eat in the night, but I wanted to try one of the typical soups of Hungary (more expensive there than in other places). After asking, the server said "Only soup no". We get up and we went away. What to say of an attitude like this one in a tourist restaurant?

Favorite Dish none

Pirulinha
Oct 09, 2011

FATAL RESTAURANT: IF YOU WANT SPECIAL FOOD ONLY FATAL RESTAURANT.

We had 6 times during the 12 days what we spend are vacation in Budapest. Firts step what we do walking in Vaci street and on the end of the day we wisiting Fatal restaurant. Best time ever here only what we spend time in restaurants. We tray to many but not iven one to coming close to Fatal. Inteligent people give us the best service. This place in so perfect to warm up all time in the year. Specially they have air condition all over and clien air.
Now the food. If really want to something special just go and you have tha best taste and large size a food what you can eat. Are all frend and family have only this restaurant a special. Fress large size and good tate food stay for ever in are mine because are experience with Fatal restaurant was exelent, super. We can recomended to everybody and do you loved.

DO NOT FORGET TO VISITING THAT RESTAURANT WHEN YOU ARE VISITING BUDAPEST.

Favorite Dish SPECIALLY ALL FOOD WHAT WE ORDERED WAS THE BEST TASTE EVER WHAT WE CAN EXPECT FROM HUNGARIAN FOOD.

Kati21
Jul 31, 2011

Fatal Restaurant: Beste Küche in Budapest

Ungarische und internationale Küche vom Feinsten, riesige Portionen zu vernünftigen Preisen.
Öfter dort gewesen und immer äußerst zufrieden.

Favorite Dish Ungarische Gulaschsuppe, Filetsteak, Texmax (Spareribs), Kastaninreis-Palatschinken,verschiedene tolle Nachspeisen.

hawudri

Baross ter 18, Budapest, 1077, Hungary
Nefelejcs u. 6, Budapest, 1078, Hungary
Fiumei ut 10,, Budapest, 1081, Hungary

FATAL RESTAURANT: Number 1 RESTAURANT IN BUDAPEST

TRADITIONAL HUNGARIAN FOOD. PORTIONS ARE LARGE. VERY VERY GOOD. TO US A NUMBER SUPER 1 FROM ALL RESTAURANT IN BUDAPESTOK, DE AZ EN LEVEL. VERY CLEAN, GOOD VALUE, NOT EXPENSIVE, NICE AMBIANCE. HIGHLY RECOMENDED. SERVICE EXELENT AND ALL TIME.

Favorite Dish Everything is so good. Hard to tell because we stray to many different food and everything is so fantastic good taste. Congratulations!!!

Herceg
Jul 30, 2011

Fatal Restaurant: A place to avoid

Since we like to live on the edge we decided to check this place out while vacationing in Budapest. This despite of some locals telling us to avoid the place. Well, now I know why and we really should have listened to them. The service is absolutely horrible, these people make you feel like you should consider yourself lucky they let you in. The food is brutal and had much better from street vendors only a few blocks from this place. They really ought to do 2 things: Change owners and bring in new staff.

Favorite Dish None.

hoflor
Jan 06, 2011

Fatal: Hungarian food at its best

Visited Fatal Restaurant with my family as recommended by a business partner of mine. Although we are an international family, my daughters can not deny their roots since they love Hungarian dishes introduced to them by their grandmother. Of course , they picked their favorites from the menu such as the rantott hus ( Wiener snitzel), Liba comb (goose leg) and turos csusza. I had my childhood favorite , the szalontudo ( soure lung) while my wife had the brassoi appropecsenye (meat and potato dish with lots of garlic). The real surprise came when the food was delivered. The portions were huge. The snitzel was twice the size of the largest one I have ever seen before. The left over was enough to make sandwiches for the girls next morning for our sightseeing trip. All dishes were fresh and very tasty, in close competition with grandma's cooking. Overall, the ambiance was pleasant, service was prompt, food was great and the pricing was very reasonable. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to any of my friends or business partners visiting Budapest.

balcsi1960
Dec 23, 2010

Fatal is fataly bad. Don't go there!: Fatal is fataly bad

It is much written about this restaurant in this forum. It is really fatally bad. I havent dined in such a bad restaurant in my life. Please dont go there. It is a trap.mIt is very expencive. On the night of May 19th at 21:00 I went there with my wife and younfger son.. My wife didn't want to go there. She wanted do dine in an another restaurant. For the first time I did'nt obeyed the wishes of my wife and entered into the restaurant. A sharp smell, a scent of fried fish broke my nose. The smelss of various fried fish, meat and garlic strict to my cloths and longed for 2 days. The waiters were very unfriendly. They were serving as if there were ready to hit us. We only ordered a cheese plate with 3 home made wine. I found the wine a little watery as if they add water in the wine. Normaly I order cheese plate when I drink wine. but this time it was not a cheese plate but red onion slieds plate. There was only 3 small peaces of cheese for 3 person. The plate was fuul of red onion which was sharp. In Turkey we are used to east union with bread but we have not sharp and bitter unions. naturally we couldnt eat the red unions.
PLEASE DONT GO TO FATAL. SAVE YOUR VALUABLE TÝME.

Sirvictor's Profile Photo
Sirvictor
May 23, 2010

Top 5 Budapest Writers

MedioLatino's Profile Photo

MedioLatino

"Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
1courage's Profile Photo

1courage

"Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
balhannah's Profile Photo

balhannah

"BIG, BUSTLING, BEAUTIFUL, BUDAPEST!"
Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Cristian_Uluru

"A fantastic town along the Danube River"
antistar's Profile Photo

antistar

"Budapest"

Fatal Restaurant: Worth every penny

We chose this restaurant after recommendation from VTers. Initially, we were rather upset as the guy just wouldn't take our orders and we had to sit for almost 30 mins doing nothing, except eating bread. Later on, the guy did apologize and took orders. Listen to everyone, the portions are HUGE, hence you may want to consider halving your order. We almost left more than half. Food was brilliant for almost all of us, one of our friend didn't like it though. Overall, recommended, book table in advance.

crackhammer
Apr 24, 2010

Fatal Restaurant: Tasty Hungarian food even if in a touristic area

Rustic ambience in a basement restaurant. There is a good selection of dishes most of them Hungarian. Do not forget to ask them about bringing the paprika so that you can spice up your dishes. The dishes are packed with big amounts of meat so there is a great chance that you will not finish your meal. However they will kindly offer take away boxes so that you can enjoy your meal even later.

Favorite Dish I believe 90% of the dishes are worth ordering. Hungarian cuisine is very good. Not reccomended for dietists and vegetarians!

mingul's Profile Photo
mingul
Apr 27, 2009

FATAL RESTAURANT: Worst restaurant in Budapest

This restaurant is placed near the commercial street Vaci Utca. The restaurant is full of tourist and even the food is prepared to fill the stomachs of tourists with food of low quality. The environment is noisy and the waiters rude and hurried. At the end of the evening you did not spent much but the food has met there. If you are looking for a real Hungarian restaurant please search another place.

clod69
Apr 06, 2009

Fatal: Whatever you order take the Vetrece soup

Most of the dishes are fried, and so a little heavy for the stomach. It's a little dark because it's on a basement. The food is excellent

Favorite Dish Vetrece soup. it's soup in bread and i like it so much because it tastes so fantastic i can't imagine it. Imagine i went there 2 times, and the second one i just ordered the soup. Delicious

Pelegolas's Profile Photo
Pelegolas
May 24, 2008

Things to Do Near Budapest

Stamp Museum - Belyemuzeum

When ever we travel, we make it a point to always seek out the local post office. Most all places we have visited, we have come home with colorful stamps from the country we visited .... Great To...

Mucsarnok Hall of Art

The Kunsthalle is also known as the "Hall of Art," or "Palace of Art." I didn't want to visit this gallery of contemporary art, even though it displays the largest exhibition of sculptures and...

Terror Haza - Terror Museum

An iron curtain. It sits outside Andrássy út 60. That building was the headquarters of the Arrow Cross Party (the Hungarian version of the Nazi Party) until Germany invaded in 1944. It then became...

Great Synagogue - Central Synagogue

I visited this venerable synagogue in Budapest many years ago in the 1980s. Then, its grand interior was somewhat dilapidated. I can see from recent photographs (see attached picture) that this...

National Museum - Magyar Nemzeti Múzeum

I thought it was a rather small collection considering it is a national museum. Though it was fairly chronological it was a bit hard to follow since so little of the exhibition had any description in...

Holocaust Memorial - Raoul Wallenberg Memory Park

We are still at the Great Synagogue, now making my way to the back where the Raoul Wallenberg Memory Park is located. Here, I found some interesting pieces, the stand-out being the "TREE OF LIFE."...

Getting to Budapest

Address

Vaci utca 67.

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map