Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

The 1916 Dublin Tour - Beyond Barricades
"From the moment guests arrive at the first stop they are thrown into the midst of Easter 1916 as prominent Irish republican Helena Moloney who fought front and centre during the rebellion guides them onto the bus in the midst of the sounds of gunfire and commotion. Thus begins a thought-provoking and interactive 90 minute tour taking in some of the most prominent scenes of Easter Monday 1916 and its direct aftermath including City Hall Dublin Castle St. Stephen’s Green
From EUR25.00

Dublin Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
"Board the Dublin hop-on hop-off bus at any point along the route. With more than 30 centrally located stops to choose from you can create your own sightseeing agenda. Two routes are included with your ticket: the Purple Route which lasts for 1.5 hours and traverses the heart of central Dublin and the Pink Route which lasts for 30 minutes and covers the thriving Docklands area.For a leisurely experience stay on for the full loop on both routes listening to your onboard guide as you travel. If you fancy exploring by foot
From EUR19.00

Dublin Freedom Pass: Transport and Sightseeing
"Your Dublin Freedom Ticket is valid for 72 hours from the time of first use making it perfect for a short vacation or to help you get your bearings at the start of a longer trip. After redeeming your voucher for your pass you’ll also receive a map with detailed information about Dublin and its famous attractions. Use the map to plan your independent sightseeing with ease.The pass includes airport transfers by Airlink Express a Dublin hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour public transport by bus around the city (daytime only) and discounted entry to select top city attractions.Airlink 747 Express Service:Use the bus service to travel between Dublin Airport and the city center Temple Bar and all Dublin train and bus stations. The convenient service operates daily every 15 – 20 minutes.Dublin Green Hop-On Hop-Off Tour:Show your pass on a choice of two routes around the city
From EUR33.00

Various Tips (4)

Kinsale Crystal: Do Not Buy Kinsale Crystal

My wife and I bought a Mastercut Vase from Kindale Crystal which had to be cut and then sent to our home in the U.S. The price was $670.00 US.
The vase that we received was not the one we ordered when in their shop. The vase we received had many less cuts in it, resulting in a less than spectacular looking vase. Indeed, the four sides of the vase did not even match ( 3 sides matching and the fourth side with many less cuts),
This vase is called "Mastercut" because it takes a Master Engraver to create a crystal piece of this quality. What we received should be called "Amateurcut".
Their website says, and they told us that we could return anything if we were not satisfied.
The catch is that you must contact them first to get a return authorization code number.
Repeated attempts to contact them went unanswered.
I repeat DO NOT BUY KINSALE CRYSTAL, it's a ripoff.

What to buy buy nothing

What to pay I spent $675.00 for amateurish work

martyfla
Dec 01, 2013

An Overview: What to Buy in Kinsale

When it comes to shopping you could really go crazy in Kinsale. So many tastefully appointed shops with artistically displayed goods. These goods come at a price though so unless you want to buy maybe one good craft item,it is best to windowshop. If you have to buy a wooly jumper in Kinsale then Heather Mountain on Market Street is probably your best bet. For pottery;glass or ceramics any of the large gift shops - the one right next door to the tourist office has a huge selection.
There are two good bookshops :An Bookstor on Newmans Mall and the Kinsale Bookshop on Main Street. Of the two I prefer the Kinsale Bookshop, which provides a chair near the travel and art section, and where I feel more comfortable browsing. The prettiest shop in Kinsale, I think, is the bright orange 'Stone Mad Gallery'. Inside is pretty too with masses of quirky, pretty things at prices which wont break the bank. l

What to buy Pottery or glass if you want to buy something of excellent quality and design. Wooly sheep if you have to bring home a toy fora child, exotic foodstuffs from one of the many delicatessens,
a book or CD which will always remind you of your time in Kinsale.

What to pay As much as you can afford.

Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
Ekaterinburg
Jul 27, 2006

Various: Arts & Crafts

As Kinsale is a popular local touristy spot, there are loads of art and crafts shops but hardly any department stores or big supermarkets (which is unusual for a town noted for its excellent restuarants) Most locals go to Cork for clothes and groceries - according to Gary's Aunty Mary.

What to buy In the temperance hall, you can go in and buy local beads, cushions, 2nd hand books.

orlikins's Profile Photo
orlikins
Nov 04, 2002

Various: Small shops

Small pitoresque shops are easy to find almost everywhere in Kinsale, so you don't have to look for long.

Nobbe's Profile Photo