More Places to eat in County Cork

Most Viewed Restaurants in County Cork

• evaanna's Profile Photo

'Ice cream parlour' at the craft shop: Restaurants on Cape Clear Island

by evaanna Updated Oct 6, 2008

There are a few restaurants on Cape Clear Island. Near the harbour we saw three, all offering great views of the sea: one in the port with tables arranged outside, then a pub along the road up to your right ,and still another restaurant on the cliff right across the island facing another bay.
    We weren't hungry, but thought an ice cream would be nice so we asked at the pub if they had any. They didn't but advised us to get one from the craft shop opposite. While there, we had a look at the crafts offered but they didn't look tempting. It was supposed to be goat milk ice cream and locally made. My companion thought it was delicious. I didn't notice any difference from ordinary ice cream, but I am not a milk fan anyway. We sat on a bench outside the pub to have it, accompanied by loud conversation at the table next to ours, which seemed to hurt Katherine's ears. I was lucky - I didn't understand the men's language - but for sure it wasn't Gaelic. The benches facing the port directly were occupied, so we soon left. As we climbed the hill, passing the post office and one or two houses, we saw another restaurant on the cliff overlooking the sea. The place was beautifully situated and the people were having a meal but we preferred to walk on and were soon rewarded for not being gluttons with a bench commanding a stunning view of the sea and the island.

Restaurant on the cliff Craft shop not only for crafts Coffee with a view
    • Beaches

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Hillbillies: Great Way To End A Night

by Marpessa Written Nov 3, 2004

After going out (both nights) headed straight to Hillbillies and there's nothing better than some of their chips and some chicken at 2-3am. On the second night (a Friday?) I had to queue for a bit because it's that popular (by this time all the clubs had closed).

Favorite Dish: Just a bag of hot chips and a cold drink suites me fine.

Luigi Malones: A CLASSIC

by DAO Written Sep 19, 2015

Yes, Luigi Malone was a real person and there is a large photo of him inside on the family wall. This beautiful restaurant surprises you the second you enter through the mahogany French doors. Right in front of you is the original station clock from Kings Cross Station (London) which was once at the entrance of the Great Eastern Line. One of the ceiling fans is actually a propeller from the first airplane to cross the Atlantic. The food? Along with traditional Italian favourites you can also devour Mexican and steak dishes. The restaurant is well recommended for it food and service. It’s a classy place.

They are open Monday - Saturday 10am - till late & Sunday 1pm - 9pm

Luigi Malones, Cork Luigi Malones, Cork Luigi Malones, Cork Luigi Malones, Cork Luigi Malones, Cork
    • Luxury Travel

Market Lane Restaurant: One of Cork’s Best

by DAO Written Nov 13, 2015

Market Lane Restaurant is simply one of the best places to dine in the city of Cork. The 3 owners say they were inspired to open Market Lane by the nearby English Market. They source a lot of their fresh meats, fish and produce from there every morning. They strive to use only locally produced and raised foods in the Muenster area. The result is a fantastic combination of buzzing atmosphere, great food, good beer and a wonderful experience. Downstairs they have a large and ornate wooden bar where they will pour you a Guinness properly. Even more than one. Upstairs is the large dining room for groups. Please reserve for any groups of 6 or more.

I had a simple starter of prawns (shrimp). Simply delicious. My main meal was a special roasted sausage of the day. Actually 2 massive, mouth-watering and gorgeous sausages. With a few pints of the black stuff. Amazing.

Market Lane is an upscale and classy restaurant. I can highly recommend it for a romantic meal or to impress business people.

Opening Hours
    Monday to Thursday: 12 – Late
    Friday & Saturday: 12-10.30pm
    Sundays: 1pm – 9pm

Market Lane Restaurant Market Lane Restaurant Market Lane Restaurant Market Lane Restaurant Market Lane Restaurant
    • Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• DAO's Profile Photo

Muskerry Arms: The Warmest Irish Heart(h)

by DAO Written Nov 18, 2015

I decided to go to Blarney Castle and kiss the appropriate stone on a cold, overcast and sodden day. I was wet and chilled to the bone when I entered the Muskerry Arms. And then my universe became warm, cosy and Irish. In the front room was a warm and welcoming fire. I put my wet clothes beside it to dry and ordered a Guinness to wet my appetite. On the TV was a match of “Hurling” and locals in the pub were shouting “Go on! Go on!”. Just for people who have not been to Ireland, ‘Hurling’ is not vomiting, it’s Field Hockey with all the violence of Ice Hockey. Blarney has their own team.

I was in for a special day when they had Blarney-style bacon and cabbage. This is not your normal bacon! These were thick bacon steaks. We are talking lean (100% lean) local bacon that is either boiled or steamed. I ordered it boiled and the thick, rich, juicy slabs arrived with boiled potatoes, boiled cabbage, boiled carrots and served with a parsley sauce. On a cold and rainy days, this is the food of Gods. Served with several courses of Guinness to show my respect for local culture.

Great wholesome food when you just need some love on a wet, dreary day.

I love you Muskerry Arms!

(They even have hotel rooms!)

Muskerry Arms, Blarney Muskerry Arms, Blarney Muskerry Arms, Blarney Muskerry Arms, Blarney Muskerry Arms, Blarney
    • Beer Tasting

9 Reviews - 73 Photos
Glanworth Hotels
Douglas Hotels

Instant Answers: County Cork

Comments

County Cork Restaurants

Reviews and photos of County Cork restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for County Cork sightseeing.
Map of County Cork