Map &

Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin
From EUR28.00
Dublin City Highlights Bike Tour
From EUR25.00

General Comments Tips (38)

Dublin Pass from Ten Euro

Favorite thing FREE TRAVEL

The Dublin Pass offers FREE travel to the city centre, from when you arrive into Dublin Airport you make the most of your Pass by travelling FREE to the city centre with Aircoach.

The Dublin Pass offers the visitors the best sightseeing , shopping, attractions, restaurants service. A complete all in one package. The pass covers entry to over thirty of the City's top attractions and gives access to over twenty five special offers and preferential rates at selected venues, theatres, retails outlets, restaurants and tours.

With 27 of the capitals top attractions offering you FREE admission with the Dublin Pass the possibilities are endless. Most of the city’s main attractions are within easy walking distance of the city centre. Perhaps you could start by visiting Dublin’s oldest building, Christ Church Cathedral or check out Ireland’s unique national games at the Croke Park Experience and finish off the day with a view over Dublin from the Guinness Storehouse.

The 27 Dublin Pass Attractions represent a select number of Dublin’s finest visitor attractions, capturing the essence of Ireland’s cultural and historic capital city and county. From castles, museums and art galleries to the lively spirit of Temple Bar there is definitely something for everyone with the Dublin Pass.

The following attractions are free to all visitors – National Gallery of Ireland, National Museum of Ireland – Decorative Arts & History, National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology, Irish Museum of Modern Art – all offer the Dublin Pass holder added benefits exclusive to the holder. Please see individual listings for benefits.

Please note that where the visitor attraction is normally free admission you will receive a special offer or added value exclusive to the Dublin Pass holder on presentation of the Pass.

IrishFem's Profile Photo
Jul 30, 2011

Dublin areas - division

Favorite thing When preparing your trip to Dublin (e.g. looking for accommodation) it may be handy to know how Dublin City is divided into areas.
The main division is north - south, with the River Liffey as a separator.
All areas north of the Liffey have an odd number, the southern areas are even-numbered. The higher the number, the further north/south of the Liffey the location usually is.

AR76's Profile Photo
Feb 16, 2006

Buy a Dublin Pass

Favorite thing If you are a tourist on a mission the cheapest and most effective way to sightsee Dublin would probably be to buy a Dublin Pass (valid for 1-6 days).

The Pass is one complete package of tourist attractions - admissions(Guiness Storehouse, - and you get to cut the gigantic line!- Dublin ZOO, writers museum, Dublin casstle and many others).
It also Free transport from the airport to the city and special offers and discounts in shops, restaurants, tours, entertainment venues and other service providers!

If you want to see EVERYTHING, it will really save you a lot of time and money!

lbhspatriot's Profile Photo
Dec 27, 2008

Visa rules for Indian Citizens

Favorite thing Southern Ireland Immigration website tells, If you are living in UK on a long term visa category you do not require a visa to travel. We (Me and my family members) made all arrangements and went to the airport on travel day. We were advised by airlines that in our visa page it is written as Entry rather than Visa and we cannot go. We wrote to the Ireland embassy and we got the reply on same day that, only for certain categories UK government gives Visa and rest it is Entry. They also mentioned they can give us free visa provided we follow the procedures which seem to be more than that I can visit multiple countries using Schengan visa. We lost more than GBP 500 planning this trip. This is for everyones benefit. We are now planning Northern Ireland because all I want is to add my country number 19 in my travel map. Will travel to Dublin sometime later.

csuresh's Profile Photo

24 Lower Leeson Street, , Dublin, County Dublin 2
99-100 Baggot Street Lower, , Dublin, County Dubli
31 Leeson Close, Lower Leeson Street, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland
8-10 Waterloo Road, Dublin, 4, Ireland

Experience all seasons in one day!

Favorite thing I loved every activity i engaged in when i was in Ireland and every tour was just great. There is alot to see and i couldn't see everthing. a 5 hour tour to County Galway was one of my favourate and I did enjoy it and always intrigued by what was ahead of us. It was amazing life changing experience to be on a ferry for the first time in my life and experienced tormenting sea sickness on our way back. I really enjoyed the memorable moments but hey it was etremely cold in the west coast that day.

The Galway tour included places like Kylemore abbey,that place was just fascinating to see.At one point one will wish to stay there forever.

Fondest memory Eish I miss everything. Most importantly i miss having a cup of Irish coffee in Dublin (Temple bar)

Paulm1987's Profile Photo
Sep 15, 2016

...have a few pints in a pub....

Favorite thing ...have a few pints in a pub. It´s always nice to relax by a pint of Guiness or so.....there are some other delicious beers too!

Fondest memory Bohemians Dublin : UCD !!! Great stadium and an even better half time shop! Get yourself a Bohemians Scarf!!! Come on you Bo´s!!!
Stadium : Dalymount Park in Phibsboro

Bigs's Profile Photo
Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing One of the things I enjoyed wandering round Dublin was the statues which added some fun to the streets. Some towns (e.g. Luxemburg and Budapest) seem to be into doing this and Dublin ranks up there with the best of them.

stevieUK's Profile Photo
Dec 22, 2004

spend as much time as possible...

Favorite thing spend as much time as possible with absolutely no agenda or plan! i know that pretty much goes for everywhere but i love dublin most when i'm just walking around with no particular place to go. the city is by far the most diverse place you'll come across in ireland and the very fact that so many people are visiting here from all over the world to work and on holiday has just made the place even more interesting.the best views of dublin are at dawn on a summer's morning, when only the fruit sellers are up. sunshine and tranquility combine to show dublin in the best possible light!
photo of people in our kitchen dancing well before dawn by mark me flatmate

Fondest memory living here, my memories are mainly daily life things but i don't think i'll ever forget the first time i took a dart (commuter train) from dalkey to killiney and saw the most amazing coastal view ever - a little bit of the med right here in dublin - be sure to sit on the left of the train and don't blink!
when i'm away from dublin what i miss most are the conversations you can have here.

donal's Profile Photo
Sep 07, 2002
IrishFem's Profile Photo

"Ultra Trendy Capital City"
davidjo's Profile Photo

acemj's Profile Photo

sourbugger's Profile Photo

"Great place - but not the real Ireland"
View Member

"Dublin - The Windy City!!"
View Member

Take a cab and pretend you're dutch

Favorite thing Take a cab, just tell the driver you're dutch (even if you're not) and enjoy the many many many (MANY) jokes about how the dutch team did not manage to qualify for the football (that's soccer) World Cup. (Yes, we were kicked out by the Irish... lucky guess?)

Fondest memory I went to Dublin to work for a week and I returned having had one of the most fun weeks ever.

grift71's Profile Photo
Aug 26, 2002

Go places not listed in the...

Favorite thing Go places not listed in the guidebooks! Find a local friend (or multiple friends) and let them show you the 'real' Dublin. You'll see lots of interesting places and things on a tour, but there is so much else to experience that hasn't been staged...

Fondest memory I miss the energy and vitality of the city. I love that you can walk almost anywhere you'd like to go and there are always people out and about.

Mosie's Profile Photo

Something for everyone

Favorite thing There's something for everybody here. If pub crawling is your thing, well... Dublin IS the capital of Ireland, so you won't have to go far to find one or two or ten. If history is your thing, you must visit the National Museum of Ireland on Kildare St. and the Christ Church Cathedral. St.Stephen's Green is a wonderful park to spend a few hours relaxing on the grass... maybe catch up on your reading or just peoplewatch. Also, if you're at all curious about the Irish music, you must visit Ceol, at Smithfield Village, behind the Jameson distillery.

dracko's Profile Photo
Mar 20, 2003

Hello. Well, obviously were...

Favorite thing Hello. Well, obviously were all different, with different likes and dislikes (am I right, huh !), but I'll try to pick out one of my favourite times and/or parts of Dublin, or maybe 2 or 3 !

If your into nature but don't want to leave the city, check out the Phenoix Park. It's about 3/4 miles west of the city centre and I live just 5 minutes walk from its south perimeter ! In it is the presidents residence, the popes cross, and heards of deer. With level grassland, football pitches and forest land it's a diverse and beautiful contained landscape. Well worth a visit !

Or if you want some excitement of a different kind, get into the heart of Dublin city centre. Find anything from an array of shopping precincts, beautiful city parks and pubs, cafes and restaurants to suit all. The best way to discover Dublin is to explore !

Fondest memory Probably the complete feeling of being at home. I know this may be the same for anyone towards their own home location, but it is still a big city, with many different people, but I can walk around the city centre in complete comfort, I feel like I could walk around in my slippers !

Things To Do in Dublin

Number 29

Do you want to see a tipycal georgian house and know how a family lived in the XVIII century? Then come to Merrion Square, and in one corner you can visit the number 29. You have to enter through the...

Government Buildings

You will find this interesting sculpture outside Tyrone House where the department of Education and Skills is located. It is called the Wishing Hand and the sculptor was Irish Lady, Linda Brunker and...

Wild Wicklow Tours

If you don't have much time, and want to discover a little bit of Irish countryside I recommand you to take the "Wild Wicklow Tour". You can book it at the Tourism office or from your hotel. They have...

Iveagh Gardens

In 1862, Benjamin Guinness bought Nos. 80-81 St. Stephen's Green and combined the two houses, turning them into the stately mansion that is Iveagh House today. It is now home to the Department of...

Merrion Square

The National Memorial to Members of the Defence Forces Who Have Died in Service (2008) is situated in the east side of Merrion square Park and it is rather an attractive memorial, being a glass and...

St. Stephen's Green

On our last day in Dublin, I couldn't pass up my last chance to see St. Stephen's Green Park. Though it was already early evening, the light was still bright enough for a walk. My husband had little...

Getting to Dublin

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!