map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Dublin Pass Including Free Entry to Over 30 Attractions
"Select a 1- 2- 3- 5- or 6-day Dublin Pass when you book. Then collect your pass from the redemption point in central Dublin or Dublin Airport.Your pass is valid for your choice of consecutive calendar days and offers free access to more than 30 top Dublin visitor attractions including skip-the-line entry to select landmarks as well as host of other privileges and special offers. Among other benefits
From EUR48.00

Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin
"The beautiful coastal drive from Dublin to Glendalough takes you past Dun Laoghaire Harbor Dalkey and Killiney. These exclusive suburbs on the out reaches of Dublin are home to Ireland's rich and famous including U2's Bono Enya and film director Neil Jordan. Then driving through the Wicklow Mountains you'll soon understand why this area is known as 'the Garden of Ireland’.You'll continue on to the green mountains of Wicklow County where you'll stop for morning tea (additional cost) at Avoca Handweavers. The oldest wool mill in Ireland Avoca Handweavers is a great place to shop for high-quality Irish crafts.The next stop on your Wicklow tour in Glendalough
From EUR28.00

The 1916 Dublin Tour - Beyond Barricades
"From the moment guests arrive at the first stop they are thrown into the midst of Easter 1916 as prominent Irish republican Helena Moloney who fought front and centre during the rebellion guides them onto the bus in the midst of the sounds of gunfire and commotion. Thus begins a thought-provoking and interactive 90 minute tour taking in some of the most prominent scenes of Easter Monday 1916 and its direct aftermath including City Hall Dublin Castle St. Stephen’s Green
From EUR25.00

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips, Werburgh Street Tips (19)

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: LEO BURDOCKS

I had heard of the Leo Burdock Fish & chip shop that is located near Christ Church Cathedral but I noticed another small branch in the Epicurian food hall not far from O'Connell St & handier for where I was staying on the north side of the Liffey. The food was lovely, not too expensive and there is seating in the food hall.

ETA - 2015 On my most recent visit to Dublin I noticed that it seemed to be a different "chipper" in the Epicurian Food Hall (although I wasn't inside so it could have moved). The one on Werbergh St is still there though.

Favorite Dish I had scampi [if you want chips with it you have to ask for them seperately] and also the seafood chowder which was absolutely delicious!! If all their food is that good I can see why its so popular!!

hevbell's Profile Photo
hevbell
Apr 12, 2015

Leo Burdocks: Ethnic Irish

Fish & Chips... if you want to experience what Dubliners have been eating for years on end, check out Leo Burdocks in Werberg Street. This is a landmark where there is always a queue and well worth the wait. It's a take away which means basically no sitting down. However if you go towards Christ Church and on the left of that you will find a small park, more like a big garden where you can sit down as sample this delicious food or why not eat in the grounds of Christ church. Don't forget to ask for napkins as they don't give them to you automatically. Plastic knives and forks are also provided if you ask. This place is so popular that they have opened several sit down restaurants in other locations. Not for those who dislike greasy food although the fish and chips are not cooked in oil but dripping. Average price €4 for chips and from €4 to 7 for fish. One portion is enough for two people. It has been frequented by Cabinet Ministers, Rock Stars, Actors, Poets, Foreign Visitors as you will see when you're waiting in the Q read the plaque on the wall outside which lists the many famous people who have popped in for the famous fish and chips. .

Favorite Dish Very tasty and not like other fish and chip shops...I can't tell you the secret... because l don't know it.... you have to believe me on this one...

IrishFem's Profile Photo
IrishFem
Jul 30, 2011

Leo Burdocks: Miss The Seafood

This place was on the top of my list to try, as I am a die hard lover of fish and chips; however, when we went in I looked at the people's plates and saw that the the outside coating was limp with oil and mushy looking, not crisp as I would want.
Clearly this place is a tourist trap, not what it is reputed to be....a great fish and chips place!

painterdave's Profile Photo
painterdave
Apr 28, 2011

Leo Burdock's: Best Fish and Chips!

While planning our trips, I'd learned from friends and VT members that Leo Burdock's was the place to go for lunch. I was told they had the best fish and chips and I just had to try them, so they were of course on the top of my list of places to eat. Our first full day in Dublin we lucked out with an absolutely gorgeous day. Mild weather and blue skies. Since I was well aware that Leo Burdock's has no indoor seating, I knew it was our day. So after some exploring we made our way over there (with some directions from a really nice lady), picked up one order of Haddock and Chips and headed over to Christchurch. We sat on a bench outside of the Cathedral enjoying the delicious food and the fantastic weather. If you're a fish and chip person - Leo Burdock's is a must! The fish was great and the chips are cut nice and thick.

The location we visited near Christchurch is really tiny, with only enough room for a few people to stand inside and order. I've been told the line is usually pretty long (we lucked out with only two people in front of us), but it's well worth the wait. The best part is that after a full Irish Breakfast, one order was enough for both of us for lunch!

kehale's Profile Photo

99-100 Baggot Street Lower, , Dublin, County Dubli
31 Leeson Close, Lower Leeson Street, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland
8-10 Waterloo Road, Dublin, 4, Ireland

Leo Burdock's: Famous fish and chip shop

My 1st meal in Dublin was from Leo Burdock's, a well known fish and chip shop near Christchurch, the wall inside is covered with the names of all the famous people who have eaten here. You'll want to save this restaurant for a day when you have nice weather as it's take away only and unless you are staying around the corner, you will want to find a nice sunny spot to eat your meal in. They directed me to St. Patrick's church about 5 minutes away which has a lovely garden and benches, be sure to get napkins and a fork from them. Turn right out of the shop and you will see the church yard.

Favorite Dish I only needed to look at the top menu item to know what I was ordering, fresh cod and chips (8.90€). They also had smoked cod, ray and haddock, I think they may have had other items like burgers but why would I want to order that from a fish and chip shop?

They handed me a bag with what seemed like 5 lbs. of fish and chips and I headed down the street to eat my meal. I made pretty good work on the fish but the chips eventually defeated me, I'm not sure it's even humanly possible to eat that many chips.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Apr 04, 2011

Leo Burdock's: Fancy Some Fish & Chips?

Leo Burduck's is said to be an institution in Dublin, perhaps because it has been around for a long time, while some argue it has the best fish & chips in town. Because it is a chipper, it is pretty straight forward. You can choose the number of pieces you wish or order a set plate. There were other items on the menu such as soups, fried shrimp, and several sauces. I ordered a "fish special plate" which was a large piece and a half of fried fish with a decent portion of chips. At first, I did not think the taste was great, then realized that I had a thin piece that was mainly skin. As I reached the thicker portion of the fish, it turned out to be much better. I like fish & chips, so was pleased by the meal, but would not rave that it was the best food I had. The fish & chips plate was plenty for a meal and cost about 8EUR. It seems to be a popular place, as there was a line at the original location.

Jase1177's Profile Photo
Jase1177

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: Some fish and chips on the go

As Ferni and I were exploring the Christ Church area we happen to come across Leo Burdock. We were feeling quite hungry at the point and decided to walk in and check it out.

The place is super small with only take out service, but with the weather being nice, we decided to order the Sole and Chips to share and sit at one of the benches at Christ Church.

The fish was so good and fresh and the chips were the large steak fries which happen to be my favorite. Their order is quite large, and unless you are starving or eat a lot, one order is enough for sharing.

They put the piece of fish piled on top of the chips and wrap it paper. Make sure to get napkins. We didn't get any eating utensils or napkins in our bag, so we had to eat the fish and chips with our hands, wasn't so bad and thank goodness I carry with napkins and hand wipes to clean my hands with.

Favorite Dish We ordered the sole and chips to share which was quite good!!

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Gypsystravels
Apr 04, 2011

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: Take Away Only....

This place is takeaway only. This was a disappointment to us as when we went, it was raining. So we took our picture and looked at the menu and decided not to stay.

I hear wonderful things about this place but have yet to do more than walk in and then walk out.

cjg1's Profile Photo
cjg1
IrishFem's Profile Photo

IrishFem

"Ultra Trendy Capital City"
davidjo's Profile Photo

davidjo

"AT LAST I MADE IT TO DUBLIN"
acemj's Profile Photo

acemj

"Dublin"
sourbugger's Profile Photo

sourbugger

"Great place - but not the real Ireland"

Mariajoy

"Dublin - The Windy City!!"

Leo Burdock's Fish & Chips: Best & inexpensive fish 'n chips

Burdocks is a take-away only type establishment and I guess it qualifies as fast food but their fish is the best. I believe Burdocks uses Cod fish as their main fish supply and for not very much money you get a very large fish fillet fried to perfection with a light crust on outside and flaky white meat inside and a good supply of chips. Very good flavor. Your fish 'n chips comes wrapped in paper--no un-necessary cartons or boxes are used. The best part about Burdocks is that it's quick. You don't have choices to make.

Favorite Dish The Fish 'N Chips! As per our taxi driver, Burdock's has the best fish 'n chips which most tourists miss out on as it is frequented mostly by locals. Also there is no place to sit and eat at Burdocks, you either eat standing up or do as we did which is walk to a nearby park and eat picnic style.

fairestmom's Profile Photo
fairestmom

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: Best in the land

Leo Burdock's has recently announced that it intends to Franchise it's operations. It already has several sites in Dublin, although the concensus seems to be that the original one in Werburg street is still the best by a long way (it's opp. Christ Church). I certainly know that it is miles better than the English chain of 'Harry Ramsden's' which claims a similarly long heritage.

It is not unusual to find long queses ourside the Werberg street shop, and there is even a plaque on the wall detailing some of the celebrities who have duly lined up with Jo anybody from the Dublin Backstreets.

You might meet Kate Moss, Rod Stewart, Naomi Campbell or Bruce Springsteen in the queue, they have all eathen there.

I have however picked a more unusual name to illustate this tip. Edith Piaf, apparantly, loved her cod & chips from this place. Can't you just see here standing on a street corner with extra salt & vinegar and scraps on her bag of chips.

Je ne regret rien - exceot the fact that Health & safety dictate that they can't be wrapped up in Newspapers any more.

sourbugger's Profile Photo
sourbugger

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: Awesome Fish and Chips

I had heard of Leo's from friends that had been to Dublin and told me to make sure I stopped in. from my hotel on O'connell Str it was a bit of a walk, but worth it. Fried fish is the name of the game here and they do it good. I ordered the fish box for 6 Euro and I got 2 huge pieces of fried cod and a healthy amount of chips (fries).

The service was fast and friendly. there are usually lines of people at lunch times but I was lucky and only had 2 people in front of me. outside there is a sign with the names of the famous people that had eaten at Leo's. It's take-out only so get your order and find a bench or like me sit on the steps to Dublin Castle.

Favorite Dish Anything on the menu board

Cruefan's Profile Photo
Cruefan
Apr 04, 2011

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: A Dublin Classic!

This is an absolute must! It has the best fish and chips there's no indoor seating and the place is small but it's great if you're visiting Dublinia or Christ Church's Cathedral because it's right across the street.

Favorite Dish The fish and chips of course!

emilybcn's Profile Photo
emilybcn

Things to Do Near Dublin

Number 29

Do you want to see a tipycal georgian house and know how a family lived in the XVIII century? Then come to Merrion Square, and in one corner you can visit the number 29. You have to enter through the...

Government Buildings

I came a cross this majestic building to find the gate closed and guarded. A sign in Gaelic "Tithe an Rialtais" and in English "Government Buildings," was on the gate with information about tours you...

Wild Wicklow Tours

If you don't have much time, and want to discover a little bit of Irish countryside I recommand you to take the "Wild Wicklow Tour". You can book it at the Tourism office or from your hotel. They have...

Iveagh Gardens

In 1862, Benjamin Guinness bought Nos. 80-81 St. Stephen's Green and combined the two houses, turning them into the stately mansion that is Iveagh House today. It is now home to the Department of...

Merrion Square

Notice how this house is five windows wide! It would have been very prestigious indeed. There was a clear social hierarchy based upon how many "bays" your house possessed. Pity those whose Georgian...

St. Stephen's Green

Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa was born in 1831 in a small village in County Cork. In 1856 he formed the "Phoenix National Literary Society," a secret society whose aim was Irish independence from...

Getting to Dublin

Address

2 Werburgh Street, Christchurch, Dublin 2

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map