Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private Tours: A Journey through the Ancient Rome
"The tour may have variations of the route or attractions based on the type of option you choose or the will of the customer.The driver will meet you in the hotels' reception or at the address indicated by you at 9:00 in the morning to explore the wonders of Rome.You start the tour by visiting one of the most famous places of the cit Basilica of St. Peter where you can admire the beauty of the house of Catholicism. Along Corso Vittorio Emanuele named in honor of the last king of Italy you will reach Piazza Navona (Stadium of Domitian) where you can enjoy the works of art by Bernini and Borromini and you can taste the local specialties in the many bars and restaurants After going to the Pantheon you will continue on to the Colo where as usual throw coins into the water as a good omen to return again to Rome and you can eat the delicious ice cream.Moving then to Piazza di Spagna with the famous staircase you reach the end in Piazza del Popolo for a final stop before returning to your h
From EUR27.00

Squares and Fountains of Rome by New Generation of Segway
"You start off after some training on how to ride a segway. Then hit the amazing Renaissance Piazza Farnese and the lively Campo de’ Fiori. The next stop is the most beautiful baroque square of Rome’s Piazza Navona with its three fountains. After visiting the Pantheon – the Roman temple devoted to all the pagan gods – we head for Piazza di Spagna and the Spanish steps. A stop at the Trevi Fountain is not to be missed but before we stop by at piazza di San Lorenzo in Lucina for the most special coffee Rome can offer. We go back to the office through the impressive Piazza Venezia and the quiet peculiar small squares of the Jewish Ghetto.All tours are accessible for the disabled thanks to Nino a Ninebot equipped for those who cannot stand on their feet."""
From EUR70.00

Golf Cart Tour Around Imperial Rome
"Hello You will meet with your drive / guide that will pick you up at your hotel to start the tour. At this point the tour can begin and your Drive / Guide will be thrilled to spend three hours with you in the streets squares and most characteristic monuments of Rome. Through the tour with golfcar it is possible in three hours touring around the heart of Rome. It will go to the Spanish Steps Piazza del Popolo the Colosseum Circus Maximus
From EUR120.00

Trevi Fountain Tips (38)

Throw that coin - it works!

Favorite thing

Ok you all know this habbit ,
In order to return to Rome , you have to
trow a coin in this famous fountain.
Why am I adding this tips once more...
Simply because I had an expert with me.
Member B-free was for the 3th time in Rome.

It must be a matter of technique?

He does it like this.
He is standing with his back towards the
fountain and trows it with both hands
over his head.

This is also a warning!
Member B-free has got a little coordination
problem thing. When you see him just keep
an eye on that coin and see where
it is heading for.

belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
belgianchocolate
Jul 03, 2004

Go to the Trevi Fountain

Favorite thing I have to make this as a general tip as well since I have so much to say about going to the Trevi Fountain.

There is so much things said about the Trevi Fountain. I wondered why. I was kind of sad when I got to the Trevi Fountain because first thing, I dropped my camera at the airport and it wasn't working quite well. Second, I was just by myself and I was missing my family a lot.

As so many tourist spots in Rome, this is one of the crowdest and it is so hard to squeeze in to the fountain. I just walked around looked at the square and stood up at a corner and wrote my travel journal.

I observed that the entrance of the buildings are numbered starting at #90. And, that door number belongs to a boutique/Hotel Trevi. Passing that is door #91 and it has no name on it but it is a small space selling souvenir items. Then there is a bar and a pizzeria. I can't figure out where are the rest of the door numbers as I walked by, I saw door #97 which sells shot glasses, postcards and refrigerator magnets. I thought, I will come back here and buy refrigerator magnets if I see one I like.

Then the next door is Paul & Shark. Paul & Shark? A whale? Or is it a last name. It was kind of a weird name for a store.

Opposite the Boutique/Hotel Trevi is small store that sells Blue ice/shave ice and passed that is the Al Barroga that sells masks. Still, there are no numbers on the store's doors. Then there is the Pizza de Mortadella.

Finally, I saw door #15. This place sells a lot of t-shirts.

Surrounding the fountain itself are different business establishments like the Segatori, a gelateria, Paul & Shark (again?), shoe store, Hotel Fontana, Benatton, a souvenir shop, Angelo, Farmacia and a bar/gelateria - they sell crepes and Chinese food!

Fondest memory I love the feeling that I finally got to Rome. I still can't internalize it at this moment so, I am just cruising along...

joiwatani's Profile Photo
joiwatani
May 18, 2009

Getting a great picture

Favorite thing One of the prettiest, not to mention famous, fountains in Rome is Trevi Fountain. One of the reasons you go to Rome is to see the Trevi fountain. We all throw a coin in and then pose to get our picture taken in front of it. Here is my advice......Use your fill flash when taking the picture. Look at the two pictures I have posted for this tip, one turned out great but the other needed the flash. That is me in the middle of the picture, but you can't tell its me because the camera sensor saw all the white from the fountain and set the exposure for that. My husband forgot to turn the flash on, so I came out in heavy shadow. The good thing is the fountain itself turned out beautifully. Remember to compensate and use your flash when photographing anyone against a white background. This will make sure you not only see the monument but the person as well.

Fondest memory One of my fondest memories of Rome is having a picnic lunch, sitting on a bench at the Trevi fountain and watching all the people. It is wonderful to see all their expressions when they see the fountain for the first time. I just sit back and enjoy.

monorailgold's Profile Photo
monorailgold
Jul 11, 2006

Toss a coin & you're promised a return to Rome

Favorite thing Who doesn't recognize the most famous and spectacular of all the Roman Fountains???

Immortalized through paintings, engravings, photographs and films (like two of my favorite, 'La Dolce Vita' and 'Three Coins in a Fountain'), it is one of the most beautiful fountains here in Rome.

Fondest memory The fountain was built by Nicola Salvi for Pope Clemente II on a wall of the Palazzo Poli and was completed in 1762. Tradition says that if you throw a coin into the fountain over your left shoulder you will return to Rome again soon.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Via delle Muratte 90/92, Rome, 00187, Italy
Via del Lavatore 44, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy
Vicolo dei Modelli 57, Rome, 00187, Italy
Via De Crociferi 41

skip the trevi,,,have a bevvie ;)

Fondest memory The trevi fountain is quite a recent creation to Rome.It was completed in 1762 by Nicola Salvi.It is Romes largest and most famous fountain.It is a must see,but it will be very busy.Be sure to toss a coin over your shoulder to make sure u will return one day to Rome.You will see 100's of people doing this and it looks quite funny.The staues here are very beautiful and there has been so much work gone into this beautiful fountain.

rachel_sun's Profile Photo
rachel_sun
Aug 31, 2002

Bring a coin!

Favorite thing Trevi Fountain!

Beautiful!

I must confess I was truly unaware of what to expect of Rome.

Definitely a sight to see & experience.

Meeting other tourists posing for pictures around this area is a must!

Take pictures & throw a coin! ;)

Sassafrasskass's Profile Photo
Sassafrasskass
Mar 11, 2011

Trevi Fountain

Favorite thing There's not much to say about this super super famous fountain... It's too famous to add something new and original to its story, so I will just refer the most frequent comments I've heard from tourists and friends when finally seeing the fountain... "Wow, it's so big, while the square is so tiny!!!" or "It's amazing how you can find such a wonderful masterpiece around the corner...". :-)

Sarita76's Profile Photo
Sarita76
Mar 31, 2003

Fontana di Trevi

Favorite thing This fountain was designed by Nicola Salvi in the 18th century and became famous in Federico Fellini´s movie: "La Dolce Vita". Do you remember Anita Ekberg´s famous splash? . In the centre of the fountain you can find an image of Neptune, God of the Sea.-
The fountain is located near the Spain Square and the Navona Square.-

La fuente fue diseñada por Nicola Salvi en el siglo XVIII y se convirtió en mundialmente famosa al aparecer en la pelicula "La Dolce Vita" de Federico Fellini. En el centro de la fuente se encuentra una imágen de Neptuno, Dios del Mar, según la mitología romana.
La fuente se encuentra a pocas cuadras de la Plaza España como así de Plaza Navona.-

Fondest memory It´s a huge fountain, unique for its large size and for its beauty. You should sit there for a while and see the astonished faces of the tourists when they see the fountain. The place where the fountain was built is too small, and because of that, the view of the fountain is even more magnificient.- There is a very nice church, just opposite the fountain – la Santi Vicenzo e Anastasio – that you shoud visit.-

Es una fuente realmente única por su belleza y por su tamaño. Vale la pena sentarse un largo rato a admirarla y fundamentalmente a observar a los turistas que quedan asombrados con semejante obra de arte. El lugar donde esta enclavada es muy pequeño y por ello se realza más su grandiosidad. Hay también, enfrente de la fuente, una iglesia muy bella - la Santi Vicenzo e Anastasio - que también merece una visita.-

pili's Profile Photo
pili
Mar 16, 2003
icunme's Profile Photo

icunme

"R O M E"
breughel's Profile Photo

breughel

"TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
MM212's Profile Photo

MM212

"Roma - Città Eterna"
croisbeauty's Profile Photo

croisbeauty

"Roma, una citta stupenda"
von.otter's Profile Photo

von.otter

"Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"

The Trevi Fountain

Favorite thing 3 coins in a fountain. Thats what I always think about when seeing photos of the famous Trevi Fountain. There was a film and a song with this title. I first visited here many years ago with my mum, the last time with my husband and son 30 years later, but its still a magical place to visit.

Whenever I have visited the fountain, its always amazing to walk up these tiny narrow streets, when suddenly there right in front of you stands this huge monument/fountain.

It was built in the late 18th century and the water that feeds it comes from one of Rome's ear.liest aquaducts.

Legend has it that it you throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain then one day you will return.

Its always busy here no matter what time of year and this time was no exception. However it was marred by people constantly pestering us to buy things, from toys to artificial flowers. At first you say no politely but they dont seem to get the drift.

The fountain is situated off the Via De Muratte.
Or coming from the Piazza Barbarini down the Via del Tritone you take a left off that road.

bugalugs's Profile Photo
bugalugs
May 10, 2003

pesters

Favorite thing when sat at the fontana de trevi you need to know 2 phrases in italian. 1. no 2. via via. well you can guess the first one but the second means go away/leave me alone. as if you stand for more than a minute you will get pestered by men trying to flog you aload of s**t. just be blunt or they wont go away. plus you get men giving the ladies roses saying there free don't take them as 2 mins later they'll come back asking for thier money.

Fondest memory i love the romans the most they're all such generous, kind and welcoming of people they made my holiday more than the sights.

robyn_ough's Profile Photo
robyn_ough
Sep 18, 2006

SUCH A ROMANTIC ATMOSPHERE @ THE TREVI FOUNTAIN

Favorite thing Definetely The Trevi Fountain is a must while in Rome. I think of the Trevi Fountain and I have no words to describe the place, the feelings, the atmosphere. I can never figure out exactly how to explain what I felt that day when I was finally there, infront of the Trevi Fountain ! Every tourist seemed to have been excited like me: smiles, laughter, pictures... felt as though happiness was in the air! I definetely threw a coin in the fountain so that I secure my return to the eternal city ;)

Fondest memory Always wanted to be there, near the Trevi fountain, tossing a coin, taking a picture, but had never imagined it would be so nice....

STEFZAMM's Profile Photo
STEFZAMM
Apr 05, 2006

be in the crowd which is...

Favorite thing be in the crowd which is permanently on this narrow place. By day, By night. I always see a lot of people at the Trevi Fountain.

Fondest memory Put a coin of money in the Fountain and make a wish. You are in Rome : miracles can occure.

GUYON's Profile Photo
GUYON
Sep 07, 2002

Things to Do Near Rome

Trevi Fountain - Fontana di Trevi

more pictures of the renovation of the famous fountain when we visited last year. The trevi fountain was fully restored in August of 2015 and I hope to com back again to see it this time in it's full...
Things to Do

Fontana del Facchino – ‘The Porter’

One of the things we loved in Rome was the fact that in between 2 major sites we were facing here and there some beautiful corners, small details on the walls, sculptures, beautiful facades of unknown...

Time Elevator

If you're hot and tired and feel like resting your feet for a while, the Time Elevator is an entertaining distraction. You are seated on a moving platform and experience an audio visual show. The...

Piazza Barberini

After checking in at the hotel we took the metro into the city center and Barberini square was the first thing we saw. Piazza Barberini was created in the 16th century and took its name from the...

Museo Delle Cere

Think we paid Eu7 entry August 2009 I understand was Eu8 by 2010. Could walk through in 10 minutes! Figures likenesses range from the unremarkable to the fairly bad. There is a 1940s ensemble of...

Chiesa San Ignazio di Loyola

Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola was built in 1626 by pope Gregory XV on the site of an older church. It is dedicated to Saint Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuit Order, and is thus a...

Getting to Rome

Address

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!

Map