Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private Tours: A Journey through the Ancient Rome
"The tour may have variations of the route or attractions based on the type of option you choose or the will of the customer.The driver will meet you in the hotels' reception or at the address indicated by you at 9:00 in the morning to explore the wonders of Rome.You start the tour by visiting one of the most famous places of the cit Basilica of St. Peter where you can admire the beauty of the house of Catholicism. Along Corso Vittorio Emanuele named in honor of the last king of Italy you will reach Piazza Navona (Stadium of Domitian) where you can enjoy the works of art by Bernini and Borromini and you can taste the local specialties in the many bars and restaurants After going to the Pantheon you will continue on to the Colo where as usual throw coins into the water as a good omen to return again to Rome and you can eat the delicious ice cream.Moving then to Piazza di Spagna with the famous staircase you reach the end in Piazza del Popolo for a final stop before returning to your h
From EUR27.00

Squares and Fountains of Rome by New Generation of Segway
"You start off after some training on how to ride a segway. Then hit the amazing Renaissance Piazza Farnese and the lively Campo de’ Fiori. The next stop is the most beautiful baroque square of Rome’s Piazza Navona with its three fountains. After visiting the Pantheon – the Roman temple devoted to all the pagan gods – we head for Piazza di Spagna and the Spanish steps. A stop at the Trevi Fountain is not to be missed but before we stop by at piazza di San Lorenzo in Lucina for the most special coffee Rome can offer. We go back to the office through the impressive Piazza Venezia and the quiet peculiar small squares of the Jewish Ghetto.All tours are accessible for the disabled thanks to Nino a Ninebot equipped for those who cannot stand on their feet."""
From EUR70.00

Golf Cart Tour Around Imperial Rome
"Hello You will meet with your drive / guide that will pick you up at your hotel to start the tour. At this point the tour can begin and your Drive / Guide will be thrilled to spend three hours with you in the streets squares and most characteristic monuments of Rome. Through the tour with golfcar it is possible in three hours touring around the heart of Rome. It will go to the Spanish Steps Piazza del Popolo the Colosseum Circus Maximus
From EUR120.00

L'Archetto Tips (11)

L'Archetto Spaghetteria: so many choices

This was our first trip to Rome and while there Hubby and I would be celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. So we wanted to a nice place to eat for our special day. We aren’t the types to dress up fancy (heels just don’t work on the streets of Rome!), but we wanted a place that we could be assured of a good meal, rather than take our chances. And that is where VT came in handy! Tips by those who’ve been there – done that made our decision easy.

VTer goodfish was so helpful in the months before our trip – patiently answering my questions about the many churches. So I asked her where she recommended for this special day and she said L’Archetto, a place that she and her husband had been to before and were planning to return to during an upcoming trip.

We took her advice and headed to L’Archetto for lunch on our anniversary. It wasn’t difficult to find, despite being on a back street. It was a beautiful day and all the outside seats were full, but we were given a table inside and downstairs, which seemed to be where all the locals ate. A nice out of the way table – perfect!

The menu was full of good things (and had several languages printed on it). The choices of spaghetti were overwhelming. We usually try to get two different things and sample each others. We wound up selecting something very similar – pasta with sausage, but with a different sauce (mine was tomato based while Hubby’s was a white sauce). Both were fantastic! Some drinks and bread, conversation, and planning out the rest of our day made for a wonderfully, memorable lunch on our special day. And the prices were very reasonable, with our meal coming in under €25 for everything.

I would definitely recommend L’Archetto to others. So glad that VT was here and goodfish was willing to share her experiences!

UPDATE: In December 2013 I returned to L'Archetto with my daughter and her friend. Once again, the experience was great and the food fantastic! Highly recommend!

brendareed's Profile Photo
brendareed
Jun 01, 2014

Spaghetteria L'Archetto di Fontana di Trevi: Spaghetti of the 100 Sauces

I'd read many good reviews about L'Archetto and they turned out to be spot on: we had a good meal here in 2007 and again in 2012. The specialty is spaghetti. Just spaghetti. With nearly 100 different sauces to choose from. The menu was in English (yes, I KNOW that's supposed to scream 'tourist trap!' but this is an exception) and prices are very reasonable for the amount and quality: no skimpy portions (by Italian standards) here although I've seen some reviews disagree with that.

Our pasta both times was al dente with just enough sauce to coat the noodles versus drown in it. Two entrees, an appetizer and a couple half carafes of wine came to the bargain price (for Rome) of between about 30-40 euro +service charge (15%). Prices will vary depending on what type of pasta you order: seafood will run a bit higher. The waitstaff is friendly but service may be slow/spotty when they're very busy - which is a lot of the time. As of this 2012 update it's still seeing good overall reviews for value and quality, and they've added pizza to the menu since our first visit.

You may choose from indoor or outdoor seating. On our first visit we were able to snag a table on the street (YAY!) but had to settle for one of the dining rooms on visit #2 as we landed in at a later hour. Table space is tight so expect to enjoy your 'neighbors' - which we did! Visit #1 also had its interesting moments as a 'street' in Italy can be the width of a Fiat so the occasional motorscooter or tiny little car went flying by within inches of our noodles.

They aren't posting current hours on their website but they're open for lunch and dinner, and may not be closed on Mondays anymore. Do make sure you have cash on you as their ability (or willingness) to take credit cards varies.

Favorite Dish Pick your favorite sauce and it'll be good.

goodfish's Profile Photo
goodfish
Aug 22, 2012

L Archetto: DONT GO!

ABSOLUTELY -Without a doubt, the worst restaurant in Rome. Horrible service. Three of my friends came to visit from California. I decided to take them to this restaurant and it was the WORST!
The waiter was extremely rude-many times and he tried to charge us 20 euros more! When I asked for an official receipt (they tried to give me a friggin' post it as a receipt) the waiter got pissed off. Then when I told his boss about his rude behavior, he just came next to me and started arguing and acting like a 12 year old.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Avoid it like the PLAGUE!

Favorite Dish All they serve here is pasta....s

thatsright
Jul 26, 2012

L'Archetto di Fontana di Trevi: The best Pasta and Pizza in Rome by far

This restaurant is a few blocks behind the Trevi fountain and away from the hustle and bustle. If having you pint knocked over by tour groups isn't you thing this place is perfect. Both inside and outside are lovely. The food is great though limited menu (pasta mostly). The real show stopper here though is the price which is a welcome break from Rome's traditional 50 euro tourist centers. Oh and the takeaway pizza was a smash too!

Favorite Dish The creamy spagetti cant remember the name.

fmclean122

Via delle Muratte 90/92, Rome, 00187, Italy
Via del Lavatore 44, Rome, Lazio, 00187, Italy
Vicolo dei Modelli 57, Rome, 00187, Italy
Via De Crociferi 41

Spaghetteria L´Archetto: If you love pasta-go here!

I had a Michelin guide-book,witch I was reading one day,when we were resting at our flat.It told about pasta-restaurant,were pastas are big and tasty,and there are tens of different sauces.We love pasta,and were surpriced to find out,that this was about 200m from our flat!We went there around 20 o´clock(8 p.m. to Americans) and got a table.After half an hour,there was 14 people waiting for a table.And no wonder!They had very good pastas-lots of different and they were big enough to eat as maincourse.Even though Italians are told to not eat pasta as maincourse,there was also local people eating in many tables.Maybe times change!We had again housewine(white),and it was good again,as allways in Italy.

Favorite Dish At the other night I had sahetti with cheese-sauce and ham and peas,at another night I had(again..) aglio e olio.My husband had some spicy hot meat-sauce at another night,and pesto another.Wine was good,as I told,and even if we were in Italy-I had best Creme catalana outside Barcelona!It was SOOO good also.And my husband had some tart,and liked it also.
When we came another time,the owner said"Thanks for coming back!"Even if they had all trophys inside,he was still noticing us.We had gone many times,if we had found it earlier.

Turska's Profile Photo
Turska
Oct 13, 2008

L'archetto: leave this off your list

Located in a damp dank busy alley way. Restraunt was full mostly with tourists. No reservations are taken and when you wait in line for a table you will be bumped if a native Itailain arrives looking to eat here. Food while Italian in style lacks imagination.

Favorite Dish Best dish the ice cream as they obiously dont make it themselves.

simosully
Jul 07, 2008

Popi Popi: Popi Popi -Fantastic Local Italian Dining in Rome

Somewhat off the beaten path, but DEFINITELY worth the taxi ride!!! We found this restaurant by mistake, we were actually looking for another restaurant which I had read about on this website. When we couldn't locate the restaurant, the taxi driver told us that Popi Popi was very good...what a great great tip! The place was packed with all locals, almost everyone there was speaking Italian. The tables outside were all full since it was starting to cool off for the evening, so unfortunately we had to sit inside the restaurant. It wasn't too bad since the waiter was nice enough to seat us under a ceiling fan. Definitely the best meal I had in Rome!

Favorite Dish We shared a Ravioli dish for our appetizer, the gravy (sauce) was absolutely delicious. For my main dish, I had the Beef Carpaccio over fresh Arrugula with shaved parmasean cheese...I drizzled olive oil over it, the taste was amazing!!!! For dessert I had the best creme brulee I had ever tasted. All our food was so fresh, and so flavorful...I would absolutely recommend Popi Popi to anyone visiting Rome.

JOG1151
Aug 09, 2006

L'Archetto: The Locals seemed to approve

We passed this place while strolling the backstreets one night and found it packed with what appeared to be mostly Italians. It's only a couple blocks from the Trevi Fountain and shared its name with the street that it was on, so we made a mental note and planned to return. We came back the next night and had a wonderful, late meal. Closed the place down in fact, which is something of an achievement considering how late Italians tend to eat. The pizza and pasta were fantastic, and my girlfriend simply wouldn't shut up about how the Pasta Arrabiata was the best she's EVER had.

surferob's Profile Photo
surferob
Mar 20, 2005
icunme's Profile Photo

icunme

"R O M E"
breughel's Profile Photo

breughel

"TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
MM212's Profile Photo

MM212

"Roma - Città Eterna"
croisbeauty's Profile Photo

croisbeauty

"Roma, una citta stupenda"
von.otter's Profile Photo

von.otter

"Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"

L'Archetto: Pazzo for Pasta

This restaurant has the biggest selection of pasta dishes that I have ever seen. I tried the Quattro Stagioni with four cheeses, and it was good, not great. I would definitely give it a second chance, maybe I ordered the wrong thing? There were so many choices, you need to invest serious time in reading the menu.

nicolettart's Profile Photo
nicolettart
Jun 08, 2003

L'Archetto: Spaghetteria - Pizzeria L'Archetto - good pasta

I would have never found this restaurant, but I was lucky to have a local there so I happened to find myself in this place.

It's quite a nice one. I liked the interior, lovely (like the in the pic). Food is good (I was told it's not the best place for pizza, but for pasta it's one of the good ones), just the service sometimes is a little bit lousy. Yet, quite a nice place. I know they have also tables out in summer.

Favorite Dish Spaghetti al limone - was interesting and great, I loved it.

The dessert - let's say so-so, but not so bad :)

They have a big varaiety of pasta, another thing I liked there was the names of meals, quite funny.

vysnaite's Profile Photo
vysnaite
Feb 11, 2003

d'Archetto Pizzeria: Linguini con Frutti di Mare

d'Archetto Pizzeria...near the Trevi Fountain. This is me outside after a meal one night. We ate there twice and had no complaints.
It's a fun, busy, comfortable place for a meal. Try to go downstairs to sit...it's more interesting.

Favorite Dish Everything we had was great....I can't recommend any one thing.

paulapes's Profile Photo
paulapes
Sep 01, 2002

Things to Do Near Rome

Trevi Fountain - Fontana di Trevi

more pictures of the renovation of the famous fountain when we visited last year. The trevi fountain was fully restored in August of 2015 and I hope to com back again to see it this time in it's full...
Things to Do

Fontana del Facchino – ‘The Porter’

One of the things we loved in Rome was the fact that in between 2 major sites we were facing here and there some beautiful corners, small details on the walls, sculptures, beautiful facades of unknown...

Time Elevator

If you're hot and tired and feel like resting your feet for a while, the Time Elevator is an entertaining distraction. You are seated on a moving platform and experience an audio visual show. The...

Piazza Barberini

After checking in at the hotel we took the metro into the city center and Barberini square was the first thing we saw. Piazza Barberini was created in the 16th century and took its name from the...

Museo Delle Cere

Think we paid Eu7 entry August 2009 I understand was Eu8 by 2010. Could walk through in 10 minutes! Figures likenesses range from the unremarkable to the fairly bad. There is a 1940s ensemble of...

Chiesa San Ignazio di Loyola

Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola was built in 1626 by pope Gregory XV on the site of an older church. It is dedicated to Saint Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuit Order, and is thus a...

Getting to Rome

Address

Via dell'Archetto 26, 00187 Roma

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map